2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My fiancé and I sent in boarding passes, about 7 photos (throughout our 3 years of dating ) hotel receipts with both our names on it, and copies of passport stamps from each other’s countries. We did have RapidVisa go through it and make sure that they thought it was enough. I’m sure all of you will have all the evidence you need! It’s best to try and not worry about it til it happens. Save yourself some stress :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kat123 said:

Thank you so much to all of you,time is realy goes fast,it is almost end of Januay😀

I am thankful for everyone's positivity, and keeping is up to date with the processing times!

21 minutes ago, Michelle_ said:

My fiance never worries about any of it, only the length of time this takes, wish I had his optimism!

SAME!

I stress so bad and my fiance gets snappy with me if I get to stressed out about it. He always tells me it's best not to worry about it because it's not going to do any good and I know he's right. We have absolutely no reason to be denied I know that but the waiting kills me. I hate thinking it may be August-October before this is completed. I just hope it doesn't take that long.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

My fiancé and I sent in boarding passes, about 7 photos (throughout our 3 years of dating ) hotel receipts with both our names on it, and copies of passport stamps from each other’s countries. We did have RapidVisa go through it and make sure that they thought it was enough. I’m sure all of you will have all the evidence you need! It’s best to try and not worry about it til it happens. Save yourself some stress :) 

That is more than enough. We did not do RapidVisa, but have made 3 trips in the last 1.5 years, all well documented.  I agree, We will all be fine :)

22 minutes ago, Naes said:

I know!!!

I tell him "I love you baby but I really want to punch you sometimes!"

Haha I relate so much!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brittani said:

SAME!

I stress so bad and my fiance gets snappy with me if I get to stressed out about it. He always tells me it's best not to worry about it because it's not going to do any good and I know he's right. We have absolutely no reason to be denied I know that but the waiting kills me. I hate thinking it may be August-October before this is completed. I just hope it doesn't take that long.

Hey there! I love trying to be realistic so I don’t get hurt but I have faith you two will be together before August. We’re October filers & with the way things are going I’m hoping for my fiancé to have POE by the end of June/very early July. Especially if things continue going how they did last week !

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Brittani said:

SAME!

We will get there! He sounds like my fiance! :)

1 minute ago, Tpienkowski said:

Hey there! I love trying to be realistic so I don’t get hurt but I have faith you two will be together before August. We’re October filers & with the way things are going I’m hoping for my fiancé to have POE by the end of June/very early July. Especially if things continue going how they did last week !

That's what I'm really hoping that he will be able to have POE by late June then we will have time to go ahead and start preparing his AOS application and get married August 8th so we can send it in right after we get married buuuttt I don't want to get to hopeful. I do agree though. I think they're really trying to pick up the speed so it's back to normal time.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brittani said:

That's what I'm really hoping that he will be able to have POE by late June then we will have time to go ahead and start preparing his AOS application and get married August 8th so we can send it in right after we get married buuuttt I don't want to get to hopeful. I do agree though. I think they're really trying to pick up the speed so it's back to normal time.

I think that a POE in June is very likely, they are beginning to pick up, hope the trend continues.

4 minutes ago, Michelle_ said:

I think that a POE in June is very likely, they are beginning to pick up, hope the trend continues.

I certainly hope so for all of us on here. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I completely understand ! We’re doing a courthouse wedding & then a (real) wedding January 2019. We’re doing the courthouse ASAP and then sending all of the paperwork off right away so he can start working ASAP. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

I completely understand ! We’re doing a courthouse wedding & then a (real) wedding January 2019. We’re doing the courthouse ASAP and then sending all of the paperwork off right away so he can start working ASAP. 

We will also do a courthouse wedding initially, from what I have read, even receiving permission to work is taking up to 6 months. I am not sure if that is accurate.

4 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Yes, sounds like us. I've been saving and saving. Pretty much every bit of my tax return goes into savings so once he starts working we can look into buying a house asap. Soooo excited to start our lives like normal people. I'm so ready to close the distance forever. I hate when people say "man I don't know how you do that. I couldn't do it!" like yes thanks for reminding me of how hard of situation is literally you and every other person. Do you guys get that too?

1 minute ago, Michelle_ said:

We will also do a courthouse wedding initially, from what I have read, even receiving permission to work is taking up to 6 months. I am not sure if that is accurate.

Last I heard it was on average 4 months but this was about a month ago when I asked on here.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Michelle_ said:

I know if you have a legitimate job offer you can submit it in as proof to have your application expedited which I think can get it down to 2 months 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.