2,704 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Chris J said:

So I called a Rapid Visa a couple days ago in regards to an email I received from them stating they are "Approving" October Cases, and they told me 'We have people through our service they have been approved already, so keep checking" and they once again told me to check my status, and obviously it just says "Case Received" If anyone else has gone with Rapid Visa, check your emails or call them.. I think they are talking out of their you know what, but who knows.. 

We used RapidVisa and I didn't receive anything like that.  I am an early June filer.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, Naes said:

I create them myself, you can also check status information of overall cases using a case tracker app (which lets you check up to 4000 cases per 2 days)

Which app would you recommend for tracking? I searched on Google Play Store and there was so many. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, Daniel P said:

Update of the graphs comparing May and June regarding the length of time from Received to Approved one month later (as to 01/20/2018), this time including July under the same conditions.

As a reminder, in the graphs below I try to compare what happened within the next 190 days after that last day of May, June and July 14th (last day with approvals) received cases. In order to see them clearer I put them together in pairs.

In that time, with a total of 1877, 818 and 243 approved cases (after removing some outliers) respectively:

• May had a global mean of 175.25 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 14.06 days.
  • June had a global mean of 186.05 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 9.16 days.
  • July had a global mean of 193.91 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 3.28 days.

Even if it doesn't look very good (way less approvals in the same period of time for July and also starting from 185+ days) just remember that, because of the holidays, they haven't worked the same number of days, and more importantly, haven't been very consistent updating approvals, which is why these results only apply to the information it comes from, the unreliable information updated by USCIS.

If they keep the rate of approvals seen in the last days, I believe we'll start seeing a clear improvement in the next one or two months. Let's hope!

5a64d70101a15_ComparisonMayJuneandJuly.thumb.png.9381a72435879c5beed868b4b4aebbca.png

Hi Daniel,

Quick question, and maybe it was noted previously and I missed it, do these approximated times/days for approval have weekends and public holidays disregarded/not included?

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Natalia_777 said:

What happened?
Why do things take so long now?
year nadad it took 3 months-Noa-2, and now for so long ....

Basically a huge backlog from other types of immigration cases as well as changes within the USCIS processing of certain visas and such. The K1/K3 visa didn't receive any changes (I think) but even so it's processing is also being affected.

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnaUmo said:

Hi Daniel,

Quick question, and maybe it was noted previously and I missed it, do these approximated times/days for approval have weekends and public holidays disregarded/not included?

Weekends and public holidays are included

This may be a stupid question but a coworker just told me the government shut down will affect our visa processing....is this true? I don't even want to begin googling...I'm hoping someone here may know. I'm horrified right now if it's true. We're already so behind...someone please reassure me?!?!?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Brittani said:

This may be a stupid question but a coworker just told me the government shut down will affect our visa processing....is this true? I don't even want to begin googling...I'm hoping someone here may know. I'm horrified right now if it's true. We're already so behind...someone please reassure me?!?!?

Not effecting uscis. Other stages maybe some but not effecting you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I was just reading one of the posts here that someone got REF for not having enough proof that they saw each other in last 2 years, they sent pictures,boarding passes and copy of stamp in beneficiary passport but they asked for more stuff, what did you guys sent like a proof

Just now, Kat123 said:

I was just reading one of the posts here that someone got REF for not having enough proof that they saw each other in last 2 years, they sent pictures,boarding passes and copy of stamp in beneficiary passport but they asked for more stuff, what did you guys sent like a proof

TONS of pictures of all our trips with detailed descriptions such as the exact date the photo was taken, where it was taken and a brief description of what we were doing that day. Every single plan ticket ever, every page in my fiance's passport with all his stamps in it, both of our i94 document that shows everywhere we've traveled, also a copy of my daughter's birth certificate. I'm not really sure why they would request anything after they've got all of what you listed unless it wasn't very many pictures and they didn't put to much on it....??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Kat123 said:

I sent in pics... A LOT sent his boarding passes, mine, our passports.. And our pics were super regular... Like from date nights and such... Or pics with our friends and family... And I dated everything... Our intent to marry too since my fiancee went directly to my dad to ask for my hand and all 

Edited by EllyNelly

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Brittani said:

TONS of pictures of all our trips with detailed descriptions such as the exact date the photo was taken, where it was taken and a brief description of what we were doing that day. Every single plan ticket ever, every page in my fiance's passport with all his stamps in it, both of our i94 document that shows everywhere we've traveled, also a copy of my daughter's birth certificate. I'm not really sure why they would request anything after they've got all of what you listed unless it wasn't very many pictures and they didn't put to much on it....??

I sent 10 picture's with description who was on them and where was taken, bording passes,copy of passport stamp,signed letter how we meet,letters of intention of married my and his,email with my plane ticket,i hope we r good

8 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

I sent in pics... A LOT sent his boarding passes, mine, our passports.. And our pics were super regular... Like from date nights and such... Or pics with our friends and family... And I dated everything... Our intent to marry too since my fiancee went directly to my dad to ask for my hand and all 

Thank you😀

Just now, Kat123 said:

I sent 10 picture's with description who was on them and where was taken, bording passes,copy of passport stamp,signed letter how we meet,letters of intention of married my and his,email with my plane ticket,i hope we r good

Thank you😀

I'm sure we're all fine. Just have to think like an immigration officer. In my mind I thought well I'd rather send to much than not enough. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I'm sure we're all fine. Just have to think like an immigration officer. In my mind I thought well I'd rather send to much than not enough. 

Me too,just sometimes when i read some posts here i freak out,i was thinking what else i can send

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
9 hours ago, deepakchani said:

Which app would you recommend for tracking? I searched on Google Play Store and there was so many. 

For your personal case status

spinachs and it also gives you notifications from other cases close to you (only android), if you want to see others and search yourself case tracker

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.