2,704 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Christy&J said:

in your position I would not set up a fix date for anything, me and James we decided to do the courthouse once I arrived there and the ceremony we can plan it when I am there already.

don't want to give you more additional anxious but I think it's kinda pushing it for us ( Oct filers ) to leave the country by July.

NOA 2 - April

NVC + 2 monh ---June

Interview - VOH - 2 Month = August

this is at least my calculation lol xD

I agree with you on the first two parts, but I was doing reserach and from the interview to VOH is 10 days. Bosnia does that part really fast that is why I thought the wedding date would work out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dijana99 said:

I agree with you on the first two parts, but I was doing reserach and from the interview to VOH is 10 days. Bosnia does that part really fast that is why I thought the wedding date would work out. 

When did you say your date was picked for ?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Dijana99 said:

July 28, 2018

I would say it’s cutting it close. Don’t go off of my optimism but I’m hoping my fiancé will be in the states by the end of June and we filed October 19th. 

3 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

I would say it’s cutting it close. Don’t go off of my optimism but I’m hoping my fiancé will be in the states by the end of June and we filed October 19th. 

We just need to be patient if though its hard sometimes ): 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ralf2017 said:

Is there a scan for September/October applicants? 

Naes will most likely be running September scans and I will be doing the same for October when the time comes, that if by then they haven't stopped updating approvals completely. Right now there's no point in running those months scans since at the moment there's no real movement.

Edited by Daniel P

Timeline
6 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I really doubt if you can do that. October filer. 8 months for USCIS. 2 months to send the files and one months at NVC is already September before you get to the interview. You can probably cut a month but not much more. There is usually a week or two after the interview to  receive the passport with visa and then you have to pack and travel. This is an 11 to 12 month journey from NOA1 to POE. 

5 hours ago, Tpienkowski said:

Me too, I know it’s weird to look at it this way but some people from July are getting noa2 now, and if we wait as long as they did, it would mean noa2 by April, and hopefully POE by mid - late June 

IMHO John is being overly pessimistic saying NOA2 will take an average of 240 days, assuming the situation doesn't change significantly until then. We must consider all approvals when calculating that average, not only those cases taking longer. Right now, the average is probably around 200 days.

At the same time, Tpienkowski approach is maybe overly optimistic because, though possible, that will probably happen only to a few lucky ones, again, assuming the situation doesn't change significantly in the months to come.

Conclusion? I'd say something in between those two.

11 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

IMHO John is being overly pessimistic saying NOA2 will take an average of 240 days, assuming the situation doesn't change significantly until then. We must consider all approvals when calculating that average, not only those cases taking longer. Right now, the average is probably around 200 days.

At the same time, Tpienkowski approach is maybe overly optimistic because, though possible, that will probably happen only to a few lucky ones, again, assuming the situation doesn't change significantly in the months to come.

Conclusion? I'd say something in between those two.

That is fair.  I admit that 240 is on the high end but people are hitting that now.  I, along with about 100 other June 6ers are at 225.  There are still over 2000 June filers waiting.  I know 7 months and 11 days isn't quite 8 months but it is where the June 6ers are at right now.  Our 8 months will be day 245.  We are only 20 days away and according to USCIS, my case has not been assigned to an adjudicator yet.  It can be 10 working days once it is assigned.  So deep down we are only talking about 5 or 6 days difference.  These days go so much quicker than we realize.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is fair.  I admit that 240 is on the high end but people are hitting that now.  I, along with about 100 other June 6ers are at 225.  There are still over 2000 June filers waiting.  I know 7 months and 11 days isn't quite 8 months but it is where the June 6ers are at right now.  Our 8 months will be day 245.  We are only 20 days away and according to USCIS, my case has not been assigned to an adjudicator yet.  It can be 10 working days once it is assigned.  

I mean there are some July 12ths that had been showed up on the scans and we know atleast one July 5th got noa2, so that put their wait at just 6 months

Just now, Tpienkowski said:

I mean there are some July 12ths that had been showed up on the scans and we know atleast one July 5th got noa2, so that put their wait at just 6 months

Even a July 13 has been approved.  Basing conclusions on a single July approval while ignoring 2000 Juners waiting may be skewing in the opposite direction.  When 50% of July filers are approved we will see where we are.  Right now I know of a lot of May and June filers who approaching or past 240.  If I get assigned today and it takes the normal 10 working days for the adjudicator to get through his files I will be at day 239 if I am his last file.  If I get assigned tomorrow I, and all other June 6 filers who haven't been approved, will be at day 240.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is fair.  I admit that 240 is on the high end but people are hitting that now.  I, along with about 100 other June 6ers are at 225.  There are still over 2000 June filers waiting.  I know 7 months and 11 days isn't quite 8 months but it is where the June 6ers are at right now.  Our 8 months will be day 245.  We are only 20 days away and according to USCIS, my case has not been assigned to an adjudicator yet.  It can be 10 working days once it is assigned.  So deep down we are only talking about 5 or 6 days difference.  These days go so much quicker than we realize.

I understand what you're saying, but it's clear that those cases from June 6th got stuck for some unfortunate (and still unknown) reason and clearly don't represent the majority. Also some July cases have been approved recently, putting them in 6 months, and they don't represent the majority either.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Even a July 13 has been approved.  Basing conclusions on a single July approval while ignoring 2000 Juners waiting may be skewing in the opposite direction.  When 50% of July filers are approved we will see where we are.  Right now I know of a lot of May and June filers who approaching or past 240.  If I get assigned today and it takes the normal 10 working days for the adjudicator to get through his files I will be at day 239 if I am his last file.  If I get assigned tomorrow I, and all other June 6 filers who haven't been approved, will be at day 240.

It’s a shame of how many people from previous months haven’t been approved yet but we have to stay positive, but you have to acknowledge how far they’re getting through July. The June 6ers and others are suffering unfortunately, but they’re moving forward & your day will come to. We just want to have the same positivity because there isn’t a reason known why cases got stuck. We just have to hope they keep moving at the pace they’re at and everything works out

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.