2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

Yea right now I feel that I should have gone with CR1 instead ! but well it is what it is.

and I kinda have the feel that we will get RFE which means it will slow down the process few more weeks too

USCIS please have mercy

Yeah, I hope they realize how hard our situation is right now and speed up.

I just pray this doesn't get worse. 

But I am still hoping for the best.

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

7 hours ago, Dijana99 said:

You both are great help! Thank you! So, should I just go ahead with the wedding July 28, 2018?

I really doubt if you can do that. October filer. 8 months for USCIS. 2 months to send the files and one months at NVC is already September before you get to the interview. You can probably cut a month but not much more. There is usually a week or two after the interview to  receive the passport with visa and then you have to pack and travel. This is an 11 to 12 month journey from NOA1 to POE. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 hours ago, Christy&J said:

in your position I would not set up a fix date for anything, me and James we decided to do the courthouse once I arrived there and the ceremony we can plan it when I am there already.

don't want to give you more additional anxious but I think it's kinda pushing it for us ( Oct filers ) to leave the country by July.

NOA 2 - April

NVC + 2 monh ---June

Interview - VOH - 2 Month = August

this is at least my calculation lol xD

I honestly would not assume anything less than 7 months for NOA2. There are a couple thousand June filers that are at or approaching 7 months. There are approvals only by mail but not in the numbers we would hope to see. It is hard to tell but I am at day 225 (7 months, 11days) and we haven’t even been assigned yet. The times are still going longer. We will be at 7.5 months at the earliest and there are still some May filers almost at 8 months now. 

Unless you are expedited I do not believe 6 months to NOA2 is even a possibility. 

If I were a September or later filer, I would anticipate a good 12months to POE. The best early Juners can hope for is 11 months. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I honestly would not assume anything less than 7 months for NOA2. There are a couple thousand June filers that are at or approaching 7 months. There are approvals only by mail but not in the numbers we would hope to see. It is hard to tell but I am at day 225 (7 months, 11days) and we haven’t even been assigned yet. The times are still going longer. We will be at 7.5 months at the earliest and there are still some May filers almost at 8 months now. 

Unless you are expedited I do not believe 6 months to NOA2 is even a possibility. 

yea right now it looks like gonna be round 6-8 months. but I am trying to be positive and stay with 6 months ( being positive is the only thing I can do atm ) xD.

yes I feel you, I hope that you guys get your approval soon. we  tried to expedite but we are not eligible though we both working for the US-Gov. because James he is not going to be deployed soon oh well !

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

yea right now it looks like gonna be round 6-8 months. but I am trying to be positive and stay with 6 months ( being positive is the only thing I can do atm ) xD.

yes I feel you, I hope that you guys get your approval soon. we  tried to expedite but we are not eligible though we both working for the US-Gov. because James he is not going to be deployed soon oh well !

I would be thrilled with 6 months, that would put us at Mid-April, but as of right now, it's Mid-May... Smh...

7 minutes ago, Chris J said:

I would be thrilled with 6 months, that would put us at Mid-April, but as of right now, it's Mid-May... Smh...

I cant believe that last year it took only 3 months from noa1-VOH ! when I read on June and May filers ...gives me some chill that we might would experience like them 7-8months

arghh !

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Christy&J said:

I cant believe that last year it took only 3 months from noa1-VOH ! when I read on June and May filers ...gives me some chill that we might would experience like them 7-8months

arghh !

I know right! I was blown away by that.. One can only hope they start doing 200-500 cases a day, that would get us all back on track.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

I've only been following the forum for the last month and half. I am still optimistic. I am hoping for a drastic change of events and they miraculously start processing cases faster. And there are days I just wanna scream. Ahhhhbhbhhhhhhhhh lol

Me too, I know it’s weird to look at it this way but some people from July are getting noa2 now, and if we wait as long as they did, it would mean noa2 by April, and hopefully POE by mid - late June 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Me too, I know it’s weird to look at it this way but some people from July are getting noa2 now, and if we wait as long as they did, it would mean noa2 by April, and hopefully POE by mid - late June 

This is hopeful! I may just fly over for his interview date too! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Exactly, stay realistic but optimistic :)

thats what I’m trying to do too !

1 hour ago, Christy&J said:

The expedite rules seem random at times.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

The expedite rules seem random at times.  

It's pretty clear actually, for military if no deployment then no expedite.

2 minutes ago, Naes said:

It's pretty clear actually, for military if no deployment then no expedite.

I was thinking of the "natural disaster" part.  Some minor storms got expedites but major earthquakes didn't.  It seems random.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I was thinking of the "natural disaster" part.  Some minor storms got expedites but major earthquakes didn't.  It seems random.

Yes yes when it comes to Natural disasters, it depends on how much it affected the person and how you can prove so it is harder I believe to get equal, yep. 

I was thinking about the christys case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.