2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Oh my gosh.....I havn’t looked here in a few weeks (grad school craziness) and am so discouraged now!! We have our wedding planned for the last weekend in July because it’s my only break from school really and we figured that was plenty late enough considering our October 26 filing date. But now it’s sounding like no one here thinks this is a reasonable date :( we’re doing it at a family friend’s house, so no deposits or anything. But we’ve already changed the date with our families twice and really thought this date was far enough out to eliminate any stress. It’s really hard not to be discouraged through this crazy process. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Keep in mind it depends on which embassy. Some are known for being a lot faster than others. I've heard the Philippines is very quick. My fiance has to use the London US embassy. I think they're pretty efficient as well. 

Phillipipines is quick overall but the problem is booking a schedule because of the number of k1 applicants, that takes a lot of time.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jollyelephant said:

Oh my gosh.....I havn’t looked here in a few weeks (grad school craziness) and am so discouraged now!! We have our wedding planned for the last weekend in July because it’s my only break from school really and we figured that was plenty late enough considering our October 26 filing date. But now it’s sounding like no one here thinks this is a reasonable date :( we’re doing it at a family friend’s house, so no deposits or anything. But we’ve already changed the date with our families twice and really thought this date was far enough out to eliminate any stress. It’s really hard not to be discouraged through this crazy process. 

It is not reasonable with current processing times, you may get an rfe or AP and be out of that timeline quite easily. I would say consider changing it before it's too late

1 minute ago, Naes said:

Phillipipines is quick overall but the problem is booking a schedule because of the number of k1 applicants, that takes a lot of time.

I was just explaining some are faster/slower than others.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I was just explaining some are faster/slower than others.

Being slow in the k1 case is usually about this wait. It was 1.5 months wait for example  last month. So overall it's quick but unless you go to that interview or luckily schedule it faster, it can be considered one of the slow ones I believe.

*uk,Japan etc btw are really fast ones. Nz one of the fastest, you can schedule extremely easy and no need to wait for extras from embassy.

Edited by Naes

1 minute ago, Naes said:

Being slow in the k1 case is usually about this wait. It was 1.5 months wait for example  last month. So overall it's quick but unless you go to that interview or luckily schedule it faster, it can be considered one of the slow ones I believe.

Do you know how long it takes for the London one?

I can find it I'm sure but you're so much better at this.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Do you know how long it takes for the London one?

I can find it I'm sure but you're so much better at this.

Not really, I only comment if I actually heard it or read it, but there are lots of U.K. People in June. Vocaledge just wrote for example that he can pretty much schedule the interview in 2 weeks.

*I'm just reading continuously because I have nothing to do, with this much of a wait in a few months we will all be experts....

Edited by Naes

Timeline

@Brittani

check june thread! There's actually a discussion going on about embassy waits and U.K. People are talking about how long they think it takes to schedule. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I was under the impression that you could only schedule interviews at the UK embassy a month out.

image.thumb.png.e7fa2a190245e8a588d4fd604856af3e.png

That was added on the London Consulate portal on 2016-05-18. It was removed on 2017-12-27.

Can anyone clarify? I'm feeling really nervous about this. LOL

Looks like 4 weeks out for interview.

Just now, Naes said:

Looks like 4 weeks out for interview.

I'm trying to get clarification. It's been 4 weeks out for almost two years. Someone swiped it from the consulate page.

I have no way of contacting the embassy. We've been planning on it being a month out for almost a year at this point. 

Timeline
Just now, Jaquelly said:

I'm trying to get clarification. It's been 4 weeks out for almost two years. Someone swiped it from the consulate page.

I have no way of contacting the embassy. We've been planning on it being a month out for almost a year at this point. 

Yeah I quoted you her for that because @Brittani asked about U.K. 

I believe you can reschedule if you catch an empty spot though no?

(that's in japans case so I don't want to give wrong info)

I freakin hope so. That would be amazing.

@Brittani, if you have a way of contacting the embassy or your s/o doing so, I would probably just have a quick call to clarify. :)

2 hours ago, Naes said:

*uk,Japan etc btw are really fast ones. Nz one of the fastest, you can schedule extremely easy and no need to wait for extras from embassy.

Do you know how long it takes from the Bosnia one? I haven't see much Bosnian ones on here..

Timeline
Just now, Dijana99 said:

Do you know how long it takes from the Bosnia one? I haven't see much Bosnian ones on here..

Not really sorry.

UK and phillipines is the one with most people and that's why I know. And NZ is famous for being quick...

when you put your country in your timeline, it should have an option of search for similar cases, from there try checking if there's anyone around, that sometimes help.

or google "Bosnia" "visa journey" k1" or similar searches together, this also brings up topics about Bosnia and you may find some info.

7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Right now...

6 to 8 months for NOA2

6 to 8 weeks to transfer files to NVC

2 to 4 weeks at NVC

1 to 3 months for interview (depends on availability)

I understand the NO2 part.

But I was looking the Bosnia info one and it says     (Avg. Days between Consulate Receiving info from NVC and actual interview ) ONLY 10 days!!!! Does that mean the from the 3 things you listed? here is link where I found it http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?history=180 Thanks! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.