2,704 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Keep in mind that some expedited cases may already be approved.  June had 9 cases approved that were expedited.  9 out of 4400.    There are trolls too.  If you pop over to the May, June or July threads you will see that some people run daily scans of USCIS.  In June we run them twice a day.  We have a good handle on who is approved and who isn't.  You can run scans on your phone too.  You can run up to 500 at a time but if you exceed 2000 (4 scans) a day they will block you for 24 hours.  That is automatic.  I scan where my WAC# is the 500th number so I can see the 499 cases before mine to see when approvals start up.

As a caveat to this...the scans only show the same information as the USCIS online search shows.  We have seen a number of approvals that have been seen in the mail when the website still shows received.

Sign up for Informed Delivery from the USPS and you will get scans of most mail that you will receive.  

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, L and E said:

Same here.. once I looked at their profile but, I was so willing to be positive/hopeful that I allowed myself to believe it 😬

Even if it was true it wouldn't mean anything, it would just be a rare exception. They won't suddenly start processing October cases just because. It wouldn't make any sense. We can only expect they start getting rid of this huge backlog...

Edited by Daniel P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

Even if it was true it wouldn't mean anything, it would just be a rare exception. They won't suddenly start processing October cases just because. It wouldn't make any sense. We can only expect they start picking up...

That’s true.. I just feel like they might never make it to us sometimes. It’s not a logical phobia but, to tell the truth, I’m terrified of this Trump administration and feel very unstable having to go through this system, especially in this moment. My heart goes out to the people who have less desirable options than we do. I have to remind myself to stay grateful and positive. 

Just had a good chat with Jake & my Mum about wedding plans... were going to do a courthouse wedding within the 90 days & then a full wedding day in Summer 2019.

I feel better already, a lil defeated if thats the right word, but now to focus on the process. 

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys ! I’ve heard that October filers are supposed to have a regular processing time and on Rapid Visa (the company I go through ) says the average NVC time is still 3 weeks. Has anyone else heard something similar ?

14 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Hey guys ! I’ve heard that October filers are supposed to have a regular processing time and on Rapid Visa (the company I go through ) says the average NVC time is still 3 weeks. Has anyone else heard something similar ?

When you say regular processing times, where did you get this info? whats the normal processing time?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ralf2017 said:

When you say regular processing times, where did you get this info? whats the normal processing time?

Another October filer posted that they called USCIS and was told it would take about 3 more months for October filers to get NOA2, which is roughly the timeline it was last year before the backlogs started and that would put us at being able to move in June

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ralf2017 said:

I really hope this is true.. but I also wish we could verify this info somehow...

Agreed.. hard to imagine uscis telling anyone anything.. especially over a simple phone call 

Edited by L and E

Timeline
On 1/5/2018 at 5:12 PM, José y Yeny said:

hello guys, I want to tell you that today my fiancé is communicating with USCIS, to see the possibility of accelerating the case, his response was that at this time they do not give priority to any case and that this in addition to the time they are using more to process the k1, is giving the case of a congressman who was using this process to give papers to girls in other countries, also said that it will take three months to reach the cases of October (I hope this is true or it may be less time) I really do not know what to think it is very sad to be in your hands. I do not know if it is a good option for my tourist visa or if maybe this plays against us, I hope all this happens fast for all of us ... I wanted to share the information they gave us although it is not very different from what We already knew, they were very kind ... a hug! 😉😊

Timeline
4 minutes ago, BSantos said:

It feels frustating without any info to count on.. idk why everything has to be such a mystery.

I’m going to contact Rapidvisa and see if they have anything helpful 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.