2,688 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

happy-monday-vintage-background_23-2147664923.jpg

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Hello all, October filer here. I have a few things I’m a bit worried about, my fiancé is currently unemployed and will not be able to support me upon entry to the states, however her Mum has kindly agreed to. I’m confused about where in the process we go about doing this? I didn’t see it anywhere in the initial petition and am getting very concerned we missed something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Todd F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Todd F said:

Hello all, October filer here. I have a few things I’m a bit worried about, my fiancé is currently unemployed and will not be able to support me upon entry to the states, however her Mum has kindly agreed to. I’m confused about where in the process we go about doing this? I didn’t see it anywhere in the initial petition and am getting very concerned we missed something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello :), You only need the affidavit of support for the interview 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Todd F said:

Thats great, so prior to the interview what forms and proof do I need to have ready ?

I think there was an earlier link (a couple of post up) that has things like tax returns, pay stubs, etc as proof. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Yulie77 said:

so my fiancee does not need all the other stuff for proof? I think i read that with the affidavit they needed tax returns, stubs, etc

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
15 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

so my fiancee does not need all the other stuff for proof? I think i read that with the affidavit they needed tax returns, stubs, etc

You do need at least your last year's tax return, unless you weren't legally required to submit it, and all the other proof mentioned in that link.

Edited by Daniel P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/19/2017 at 3:42 PM, Naes said:

Only count the dependents which he lists in his taxes. If not it's only him+1(him+you) 

and unless he has a child, I don't think he would have a dependent.

@Naes, you should be made an USCIS external officer (Freelancer). Ooh! How fun this process would have been!!!😂😂😂

Edited by ChuAni

17 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

@Naes, you should be made an USCIS external officer (Freelancer). Ooh! How fun this process would have been!!!😂😂😂

maybe if we all send USCIS some inputs about her, they'll get her a position after all!

:D

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, ChuAni said:

2 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

maybe if we all send USCIS some inputs about her, they'll get her a position after all!

:D

Are you sure? I'm too sarcastic 😂😂😂 I'll be like calling the girls asking are you sure about this one? Like really giiirl you're out his league 😂😂

noir reason is being out of his league 😁😁😆😆😆

On 11/17/2017 at 4:44 PM, Daniel P said:

Hey guys, I did some scans and counted with a little script the received and updated I-129F cases each day of October has. Just for fun :D. This is not very useful information right now, but I thought you'd like to take a look to it, in case you find it interesting ;).

data.jpg

Does this mean 3859 applications just for October or this is how many have applied up to this point? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Does this mean 3859 applications just for October or this is how many have applied up to this point? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Sorry for answering it is meant for Daniel.

yes and no. Yes that's the total pending but I found some extra cases and "document mailed" cases are also count as pending so the overall total is 4141, and pending cases to work is 3874 Just for October.

This is the overall up to October but this is missing 1 of the cases I found in between November cases.

5a116fdc68b93_Monthlyoverall.png.faaf3cc17d74fd318d4ec636a395dfca.png

Edited by Naes

1 hour ago, Naes said:

Sorry for answering it is meant for Daniel.

yes and no. Yes that's the total pending but I found some extra cases and "document mailed" cases are also count as pending so the overall total is 4141, and pending cases to work is 3874 Just for October.

This is the overall up to October but this is missing 1 of the cases I found in between November cases.

5a116fdc68b93_Monthlyoverall.png.faaf3cc17d74fd318d4ec636a395dfca.png

Jeeez that's A LOT of people applying for a fiance. I guess you never realize just how many until you come on this site and look up the numbers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.