2,704 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AnaUmo said:

I hope I have your luck when I visit for xmas ! :D Do you think maybe your country has anything to do with your experience? I know that persons from high risk countries have a harder time getting visa but what about entry?

I live in Germany but I am Indonesian. Well I work for US military...maybe thats why I got 5 years multiple b1/b2 visa.

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

2 hours ago, Daniel P said:

Just out of curiosity, what was your POE?

Orlando and Charlotte. 

;)

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

Orlando and Charlotte. 

;)

Oh what a coincidence! For both of my visits this year, I went through Miami & Charlotte :o

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, Christy&J said:

Good luck !!!! where are you in Germany ?! I am from Germany too :D couple germans areapplying for Oct ! and I met one :D

2 hours ago, AnaUmo said:

I'm just happy that it's been a month since my fiance sent in our I-129f. Now I've gotta figure out how to burn through another 2 months for xmas :D

😄

9 hours ago, Christy&J said:

Orlando and Charlotte. 

;)

My fiance has has POE in New York(JFK and Newark), Orlando, and Atlanta because he does lay over flights to save money (it's so expensive to fly directly from London to Atlanta) but by far New York specifically JFK is the worst as far as their manner. Also when we traveled together to England JFK's security was extremely rude.:unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am new here, and learning. My fiancé is from Florida and paid a agent to help the paper works and he submitted it July 1, 2017 and my fiancé received an email on July 5, 2017 that they have received the case and  routed it to California Service Center. Until now we are patiently waiting to receive the NOA2 its been over 120days of waiting as I checked the latest status of our case.

My question is that my fiancé didn't include his birth certificate in the papers he filed and I also have found typographical error of my address as I go through the PDF files of our papers that the agent sent. Would that be an issue why NOA2 takes longer?

I need your help.

Thank You.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Casour said:

I am new here, and learning. My fiancé is from Florida and paid a agent to help the paper works and he submitted it July 1, 2017 and my fiancé received an email on July 5, 2017 that they have received the case and  routed it to California Service Center. Until now we are patiently waiting to receive the NOA2 its been over 120days of waiting as I checked the latest status of our case.

My question is that my fiancé didn't include his birth certificate in the papers he filed and I also have found typographical error of my address as I go through the PDF files of our papers that the agent sent. Would that be an issue why NOA2 takes longer?

I need your help.

Thank You.

Hello!

Firstly, USCIS is still processing May Filers and by mid-November - early December, they will proceed to June Filers. You will be expecting an update or new status on your case by mid-December - early January. So, your case is still sitting/resting on one of the Adjudicator's desk (no cause for alarm yet). 🙂😀

Secondly, an update you would be getting by the speculated time might be an RFE (Request for Additional Evidence) due to the omission of the USC's Birth Certificate, not NOA2.

Thirdly, you and your Fiancé should endeavour to reply the RFE on time. An RFE takes an addition of 2-6weeks to have an NOA2.

Fourthly, your Fiancé can send a mail to or call USCIS ASAP, for a change of address (it isn't a big issue, as I think it won't affect the NOA2). 

Fifthly, Pray and Be Calm.

Goodluck and I wish you, success!👌

Congrats, in advance!🎉🎆🎊🎇

Edited by ChuAni

helloo everyone :)
been quiet as ive been busy working & tryna make my days fly by!

hows everyone?
tbh, im struggling to keep positive, im quite an anxious/panicky person, got a million things going through my head thinking we will get an RFE but then asking myself, why would we?! i guess because this process is important to us & its our relationship depending on it

what a rubbish feeling :(

Edited by Meisha&Jake

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

On 11/1/2017 at 3:49 PM, AnaUmo said:

I'm traveling from Dec 23 - Jan 1. I'm bringing a letter from my employer as well as a print out of the email with the NOA1 and my flight itinerary. Not much else I can think of using. I went through that forum as well and some people were fine while others weren't. The problem I had with that forum was the lack of details as to why they were denied. I was able to sum it up for many of them as lack of evidence that they will not run off and become illegal immigrants as well as not being able to properly handle the questions they asked.  I was afraid about the hassle of JFK so I declined a change to my flight to go through JFK and instead stuck with Detroit. I'm hoping to get an immigration officer who is in a good mood lol

Smart move - maybe next time I'll fly Newark instead. Here's hoping for a cheerful officer!

11 hours ago, Brittani said:

My fiance has has POE in New York(JFK and Newark), Orlando, and Atlanta because he does lay over flights to save money (it's so expensive to fly directly from London to Atlanta) but by far New York specifically JFK is the worst as far as their manner. Also when we traveled together to England JFK's security was extremely rude.:unsure:

Thanks for sharing @Brittani! Good to know and too bad that JFK is such an outlier - though if it's just rudeness, I can deal with that - have years of experience with New York rudeness ^_^

1 hour ago, Meisha&Jake said:

helloo everyone :)
been quiet as ive been busy working & tryna make my days fly by!

hows everyone?
tbh, im struggling to keep positive, im quite an anxious/panicky person, got a million things going through my head thinking we will get an RFE but then asking myself, why would we?! i guess because this process is important to us & its our relationship depending on it

what a rubbish feeling :(

Hey @Meisha&Jake, keep your spirits up! There's probably not much I can say to make you feel better - but know there's an entire forum of people who know what you're going through.

Naes and Shoegum are running numbers in some of the other threads, I was thinking of doing something similar for the October bunch, but decided against it for now. All those numbers, checking in on timelines and how everyone else is doing - it won't help things move faster. It's only been two weeks, I can't get too obsessive already, so trying to keep myself busy and think in two-month chunks.

What's everyone doing to keep their minds off it? My first project: getting my drivers licence (not much need for it in Amsterdam, been putting off for too long)!

1 hour ago, Mirte said:

Hey @Meisha&Jake, keep your spirits up! There's probably not much I can say to make you feel better - but know there's an entire forum of people who know what you're going through.

Naes and Shoegum are running numbers in some of the other threads, I was thinking of doing something similar for the October bunch, but decided against it for now. All those numbers, checking in on timelines and how everyone else is doing - it won't help things move faster. It's only been two weeks, I can't get too obsessive already, so trying to keep myself busy and think in two-month chunks.

What's everyone doing to keep their minds off it? My first project: getting my drivers licence (not much need for it in Amsterdam, been putting off for too long)!

Helloo Mirte, thanks for the reply :)

Im trying not to read much on the forums as it adds to my mind games with thinking we may get an RFE, i keep comparing peoples situations to ours! I keep thinking "OMG what if we get an RFE like that couple did for that reason?!" its silly... im my own worst enemy right now LOL

Yeah i see Naes & Shoegum being a great help with their data, very interesting! lets hope things pickup & get speedier for the other months & then finally ours :) im looking at beginning of April 2018 for our NOA2, hoping to be flying out mid/end May 2018 for POE... gotta have some kind of countdown going i guess! even if its not accurate right now, just an estimate

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mirte said:

Smart move - maybe next time I'll fly Newark instead. Here's hoping for a cheerful officer!

Thanks for sharing @Brittani! Good to know and too bad that JFK is such an outlier - though if it's just rudeness, I can deal with that - have years of experience with New York rudeness ^_^

Work seems to take my mind of things... Just lost my future mother in law so things have shifted to caring for my fiancee more.. Trying to possibly go to Nigeria next week... So far my mind hasn't even been on this process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mirte said:

That's so thoughtful. Thanks for your concern. I tried scanning October Numbers, but nothing yet (showing Case Received as Case Status). I believe by January, somethings will start kicking off. 

11 hours ago, EllyNelly said:

Work seems to take my mind of things... Just lost my future mother in law so things have shifted to caring for my fiancee more.. Trying to possibly go to Nigeria next week... So far my mind hasn't even been on this process

Ooh! It's really a pity. 🙁My regards to him (take heart). All is well!!😢

15 hours ago, Mirte said:

I am working fulltime and decided to take 2 other mini jobs. Never worked minijob before but it's ok..its kinda wear me out lol! But then I have no reason to think about other thing.

Then going to gym almost everyday, meet friends like once-2 times a week..so I am morelikely at home only for sleep.

I think this is good, 1st month James moved back to the state(August) I kinda lost my daily schedule...we used to be active together always busy! 

Now I found things to distract me! 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just dropping in to say hello to everyone I have been about but mainly lurking in the background. 

So glad to see we've made it to November 🙌and most of the NOA1's are in the bag whoop whoop 

Oooh and while I'm here, quick question if I may 

I'm meeting Matt in Vegas in December as he has a work event. 

Has anyone flown into Vegas as a fiancee? Are the border people as scary as Atlanta ...it reduces me to a shaking wreck and i end up sounding like Elmer Fudd🙈

I have flights booked to go back to Atlanta after a week then a flight back to the UK the first week in Jan and also a train ticket from the airport to my home city so with all the tickets and a letter giving permission for the holiday from my employer I'm hoping it will be enough evidence.

• 10/02/2017 - I 129F sent 
  • 10/11/2017 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.