2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 10/25/2017 at 11:16 PM, Chris J said:

Right... Now with this Russian Embassy, that will be at least a month or 2 in itself for the Interview.. smh..

I'm dealing with Cuba and the US just withdrew all the embassy staff and they were on limbo for a few days. After they started saying they will process visas through the Embassy in Colombia but Cubans need a visa to go to Colombia as well and if they go to the interview they might need to wait for the visa there, unless they decide to be decent and expedite is looking like 3 weeks, so yeah 🤦‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/22/2017 at 1:38 AM, ChuAni said:

Ooh! I'm literally dancing. Fiancé got the mail. They received our petition on Oct, 10 and Notice Date: Oct 13. We put on our Seat Belt for the Awesome NOA2. 

Let's keep praying!

When did you send your file?my bf is a little worries..he havent heard a word from them.though we track the package is in dallas lockbox

Timeline
Just now, Davemir said:

When did you send your file?my bf is a little worried ..he havent heard a word from them.though we track the package is in dallas lockbox

He is a little worried

On 10/22/2017 at 1:38 AM, ChuAni said:

Ooh! I'm literally dancing. Fiancé got the mail. They received our petition on Oct, 10 and Notice Date: Oct 13. We put on our Seat Belt for the Awesome NOA2. 

Let's keep praying!

Congrats

Hey guys! Applied for my fiance to come over. Sent in documents via usps priority express on October 9th and they received it on October 12th. Hopefully we will hear back in 3 months. 

We actually applied in February of this year and we were denied because we didn't meet the requiremt of meeting within two years even though we have known and met each other longer than that. We both had difficulty seeing each other within two years and tried to get a waiver and even went through a lawyer. They sent us a rfe 3 months later and we replied right away but didn't get our decision until 4 months following our reply to see. Mostly because it was my lawyers fault. This time however I was able to go see him twice within the span of 6 months. I am going through a lawyer again but I did everything except for the cover letter. And I even mailed it out myself because didn't trust the lawyer will do it right away. 

So for those who are going through this the first time..it will be alright no matter what decision they make. Just don't give up. Although my fiance and I meet all requirements now, we are still figuring out possibilities if we are yet again not approved. It's  not the end of the world. It sucks  that my fiance and I are going through this process again but I am very very hopeful that we won't be let down. 

Just don't let this become your life and I am sure we will hear soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Davemir said:

When did you send your file?my bf is a little worries..he havent heard a word from them.though we track the package is in dallas lockbox

It was sent on 10/05, they received on 10/10 and NOA of 10/13. 

Timeline
On 10/27/2017 at 2:35 AM, Kat123 said:

I sent I-129F form,copy of my US passport,my statement how we meet,my and his statements of intention to get married,copy of my aeroplane tickets and pictures together,I didn't sent copy of the chats because that's need to be presented on the interview 

Ooh! My Fiancé didn't include our chat history and call logs (screenshots). I'm compiling all that for the interview. We are using a Lawyer and he's well informed. Goodluck to all October Filers!

Timeline
On 10/27/2017 at 7:59 AM, EllyNelly said:

Hi everybody. I'm a newbie here. Got my receipt letter October 16th. Fiancee and I from same background.. Parents knew each other.. And have been back and forth and hoping this will not be a long wait. A friend of mine did the same and her fiancee just had interview. She said approval took about 3 months... Im hoping mine does as well :(

Welcome Sister! I'm a Nigerian. My Fiancé (USC) and I have the same background too. Our parents know each other (although I met him when he visited Nigeria) and these factors increased our bonding. USEM Lagos wants to know what families think of your relationship, because Nigeria has a strong family tradition. 

I wish us all, well and success!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Welcome Sister! I'm a Nigerian. My Fiancé (USC) and I have the same background too. Our parents know each other (although I met him when he visited Nigeria) and these factors increased our bonding. USEM Lagos wants to know what families think of your relationship, because Nigeria has a strong family tradition. 

I wish us all, well and success!

Woot!!!! Hello ♥! Yea we officially began dating when he came here to the states and it has been easier me going home. The bond was super effortless. Wishing all positives during our journey! :)

Hello everyone!

We got our NOA1 this week, so I guess that officially makes us October filers! Strange how exciting even this first step is, with everything that is still in store for us the coming 6-8 months (though stubbornly keeping my hopes up for less than that).

For anyone who might be interested: we filed Thursday October 19th, delivered the Monday after (23rd), the check was cashed on Thursday 26th and we got our NOA later that same day. The date on the NOA says October 23rd though, so sticking with that.

Really excited to be in this October bunch with all of you. Hope it's smooth sailing for all of us.

Timeline
10 hours ago, ChuAni said:

Thank you. When did you send in the petition?

It was sent 17 its in dallas lockbox 20th..i tracked the package but bf didnt received notification from them

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mirte said:

Hello everyone!

We got our NOA1 this week, so I guess that officially makes us October filers! Strange how exciting even this first step is, with everything that is still in store for us the coming 6-8 months (though stubbornly keeping my hopes up for less than that).

For anyone who might be interested: we filed Thursday October 19th, delivered the Monday after (23rd), the check was cashed on Thursday 26th and we got our NOA later that same day. The date on the NOA says October 23rd though, so sticking with that.

Really excited to be in this October bunch with all of you. Hope it's smooth sailing for all of us.

Welcome to this, out humble thread! Also hoping that NOA2 will take, at least, less than 5 months. An ambitious hope, I know, but I don't see it as something impossible.

Edited by Daniel P

Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum and I have a few general questions if anyone can help!

1) my fiancé and I have only met once for a few days in the past week, I went to Nigeria to see him, is that not enough to be approved by the consulate?

2) Do I NEED a lawyer to help me file my petition for k-1 visa ?

3) can I go to his interview once the date is established?

we took several photos and I have receipts of the hotel, my itinerary, things I bought, and my passport was stamped upon arrival and departure.

we've been dating since May of this year and I haven't been to see him more than once because I've recently graduated and started a new job so it was impossible to ask for more time off, not to mention it's quite expensive. Is one meeting enough ? Are the fiancé visas as temperamental as I've read on this site because technically all that is required is one meeting.

Ive been on the fence about getting a lawyer because it's expensive and I've also read that I don't necessarily need one,, I've researched and learned a few things on my own so far.

thank you in advance!

AN

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mirte said:

Hello everyone!

Congrats and welcome!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.