2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, tampa83 said:

I would wait just to be safe. I thought about doing the exact same thing but the intent to marry form needs to be signed again, closer to the date the interview will take place.

yeah i realized that too. although the things that i have right now are mostly from the bank anyways. So maybe it’s okay if it’s this early right? or i would need to get one again with a date closer?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

LTL;FTP

@Naes, I see you are applying from Japan, as am I! Do you know if they're ok with issuing police certificates in Japan with only NOA1, or only NOA2? If they definitely need more definite details, do you know how long it takes them to issue a certificate?

I tried to Google this but I keep getting "Japanese embassy in Manila" results lol.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, kikume said:

LTL;FTP

@Naes, I see you are applying from Japan, as am I! Do you know if they're ok with issuing police certificates in Japan with only NOA1, or only NOA2? If they definitely need more definite details, do you know how long it takes them to issue a certificate?

I tried to Google this but I keep getting "Japanese embassy in Manila" results lol.

I got mine with noa1. To tell the truth I didn't give them any details. As long as it has a case number (I just showed wac) and it says fiancé visa with your name on it, it seems ok.

i mean Japanese police don't really read English... they just asked me where does it say fiancé visa....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
11 hours ago, sillyali said:

I got a little excited when my fiance gave me the list of things she would need for interview. I got the letter from my employer, bank statement, w2, etc. now i am soo worried i might be preparing too early? Im planning to send them next week and she will probably get it by 4th week of march. Our estimated time says April 20-25. Do you think everything would still be valid by the time she attends interview? 

😩

You can do it. Mine is ready as I had to hand deliver in February. I did a few copies of the letter of intent and signed them with different dates. Same for the I-134. I will scan and email recent pays tubs and the NOA2 confirmation for his document check and I will bring the originals to his interview. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Naes said:

I got mine with noa1. To tell the truth I didn't give them any details. As long as it has a case number (I just showed wac) and it says fiancé visa with your name on it, it seems ok.

i mean Japanese police don't really read English... they just asked me where does it say fiancé visa....

Very true, I should have known! Thank you! I guess off I go next week... Gotta get that damn jyuminhyo first. I hate that it's a thing here.

Edited by kikume

Timeline
9 minutes ago, kikume said:

Very true, I should have known! Thank you! I guess off I go next week... Gotta get that damn jyuminhyo first. I hate that it's a thing here.

Are you Japanese? Because it differs if you're not Japanese. I only used my zairyuu card and passport.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Naes said:

Are you Japanese? Because it differs if you're not Japanese. I only used my zairyuu card and passport.

Yeah, I am - hence the passport + jyuminhyo combination.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, kikume said:

Yeah, I am - hence the passport + jyuminhyo combination.

Just go with noa1 and tell them that's the paper that has the case number and your info. I did that way. I even called them asking that we have 3 different papers through this process and if any will do, they said any will do. I didn't explain the papers in detail (well they didn't ask- not my problem) 

also this one happened in Kanagawa, they seem to know and was used to this process.

Timeline
4 hours ago, YandJ said:

You can do it. Mine is ready as I had to hand deliver in February. I did a few copies of the letter of intent and signed them with different dates. Same for the I-134. I will scan and email recent pays tubs and the NOA2 confirmation for his document check and I will bring the originals to his interview. 

well, I think thats a good idea, I haven’t sign a new intent yet so i

might just make copies with different dates just in case our approval takes longer (hope not 🤭) 

Thank you! 🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 hours ago, excited11 said:

Way to go USCIS!

So many approvals, VJ estimates going down:D I hope so much they are done with all Octobros by the end of April!!! (and no RFEs for the bros!)

WHOOP WHOOP xD

On day 155, it's getting closer!  :)

Timeline

Hi October filers. This is my first post. My NOA1 date is October 13. I assume that everyone must file form I-134 affidavit of support. At what point in the process should if submit this form?

Thanks,

John

Timeline
1 minute ago, jlehco said:

Hi October filers. This is my first post. My NOA1 date is October 13. I assume that everyone must file form I-134 affidavit of support. At what point in the process should if submit this form?

Thanks,

John

I would do around when you get your noa2 to keep it recent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.