2,704 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, YandJ said:

I went in February and dropped off the paperwork. I signed a few pages for the affidavit with different dates, April 1st (a girl can dream), may, June and July. Same with letter of intent. Only thing he is missing is the NOA2. I was planning on just bringing everything to the interview but he is in Cuba and they have a document check in Havana before they go to the appointment in Colombia. Yes, his interview is in a 3rd country, which he needs a visa to get to as well. It's a mess, especially because the Colombian embassy in Havana is overwhelmed and won't accept a visa petition more than 10 days before your appointment. I need wine, lots of wine. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

please is this means that the petitioner have to send another letter of intent to the beneficiary for the interview?

i' would like my fiancee to be able to gravel with the document to here but that will be difficult for her because of her work at the hospital so we're planning to use a fast poatal service

please can someone listed here again all the documents that the beneficiary need ?

thank to everyone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, jean baptiste said:

please is this means that the petitioner have to send another letter of intent to the beneficiary for the interview?

i' would like my fiancee to be able to gravel with the document to here but that will be difficult for her because of her work at the hospital so we're planning to use a fast poatal service

please can someone listed here again all the documents that the beneficiary need ?

thank to everyone

Yes, you need another letter of intent to marry with the date much closer to the beneficiary's interview.

As far as I understand, the petitioner needs to mail;

1. Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, by my fiancé. (Fiancé should send one dated close to your interview date. Make sure to use the latest edition form by that time. >> I am not 100% sure about the date, but the person I asked about what my fiancé has to send me via mail  told me this so I am just going to follow her advice.)

2. My fiancé's tax return for the last 3 years (which means the tax returns for 2017, 2016 and 2015.)

3. Other paperwork that USCIS listed on the instructions for form I-134 such as a copy of his birth certificate, Pay stubs, Employment letter, Bank statements, and Investment statements if available.

4. Proof of ongoing relationship from each of the petitioner.

5. A letter of intent to marry dated close to the interview date.

6. A copy of the NOA2 >> I have a question here.. He doesn't have to send me the original NOA2??

That's all I know! Please someone let me know if there is anything else the petitioner needs to mail to the beneficiary:) Also I got this list from someone whom I explained my situation, so depending on your case, there may be more paperwork. So I can't be 100% sure for each case..

Also please note that this is the list of what the petitioner needs to mail to the beneficiary before his/her interview. There are more information the beneficiary needs to bring to the interview such as the medical exam, but I did not list these paperwork here. :)

Edited by Yuilicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
20 hours ago, annaandasbjorn said:

Is anyone else planning on going to their fiance's country to bring the paperwork?  That's what we have been planning so far and since nobody has mentioned that i wonder, anyone anticipate any problems with doing that?  Its getting so close, can't wait for all of us to be back with our loved ones so soon!

I wish my fiancé is coming to Japan for the interview!!!!!!! We can't really afford it..  But I am glad to see some of you are going to have your fiancé with you for the interview! Knowing that makes me feel like I am not alone in this! I know it sounds odd.. LOL

I can't wait USCIS to start processing October filers! So close!! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

Yes, you need another letter of intent to marry with the date much closer to the beneficiary's interview.

As far as I understand, the petitioner needs to mail;

1. Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, by my fiancé. (Fiancé should send one dated close to your interview date. Make sure to use the latest edition form by that time. >> I am not 100% sure about the date, but the person I asked about what my fiancé has to send me via mail  told me this so I am just going to follow her advice.)

2. My fiancé's tax return for the last 3 years (which means the tax returns for 2017, 2016 and 2015.)

3. Other paperwork that USCIS listed on the instructions for form I-134 such as a copy of his birth certificate, Pay stubs, Employment letter, Bank statements, and Investment statements if available.

4. Proof of ongoing relationship from each of the petitioner.

5. A letter of intent to marry dated close to the interview date.

6. A copy of the NOA2 >> I have a question here.. He doesn't have to send me the original NOA2??

That's all I know! Please someone let me know if there is anything else the petitioner needs to mail to the beneficiary:) Also I got this list from someone whom I explained my situation, so depending on your case, there may be more paperwork. So I can't be 100% sure for each case..

Also please note that this is the list of what the petitioner needs to mail to the beneficiary before his/her interview. There are more information the beneficiary needs to bring to the interview such as the medical exam, but I did not list these paperwork here. :)

1. true

2. true but also is different if your self employed, if self employed only most recent tax return

3. true, but if self employed only the most recent tax return is needed, no bank statements needed.

4. true

5. true, doesn't have to be mailed if your attending the interview with the fiancé or at least will be present at the building if not allowed in just give the updated intent to the fiance

6. better to make a copy and have both on hand in case they ask, better to have it then not have it. Not worth the risk to wait for "further administrative processing" especially if you left it at home in the states and brought only a copy and they ask for the real one.

Edited by MandW

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
37 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

hear yee hear yee

September group calls themselves the Berries (pun on Septemberries) 

As October NOA 1st it is your moral duty to help name your group. 

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED 

OctoBURN (hopefully USCIS burns through October 129fs) 

It's cold in NJ, so I'd say Octobrrr

10-23-2017 I-129F Sent

10-25-2017 NOA1

05-10-2018 NOA2 

05-29-2018 NVC Received

05-30-2018 NVC Case # Assigned

07-10-2018 Case In Transit

07-12-2018 Embassy received

10-03-2018 Interview (Approved!)

10-21-2018 POE 

11-28-2018 Wedding

01-11-2019 AOS/EAD filed (NOA1)

02-11-2019 Biometrics

03-25-2019 AOS Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

04-08-2019 Interview scheduled (for May 22nd)

05-22-2019 AOS Interview (no decision)

08-06-2019 EAD Approval

08-11-2022 RFE

10-24-2022 AOS Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

hear yee hear yee

September group calls themselves the Berries (pun on Septemberries) 

As October NOA 1st it is your moral duty to help name your group. 

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED 

OctoBURN (hopefully USCIS burns through October 129fs) 

Octofiles! Or octofilers... although it’s impossible to shorten that hehe 

3 hours ago, Albert V said:

It's cold in NJ, so I'd say Octobrrr

2 hours ago, José y Yeny said:

Octobros :rolleyes:

I like both !!!

Brrrrrr bros ! :jest::jest::jest:

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.