2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Oh No! The Documents are for the Embassy during the Interview.

What we need to submit just last year or last 3 years and tax returns or tax transcripts

10 hours ago, Christy&J said:

My timeline pushed back 1 day AGAIN!!!! YAS !!!!!

well not too happy now hahahaha I somehow scare as sh*t slowly but sure gets real ... hahahah !

dont get scared :D u got this! u know what the next steps are and then you do one after another! 

now let's hope they work smooth on approvals today and update properly!!!! :D

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

36 minutes ago, Kat123 said:

What we need to submit just last year or last 3 years and tax returns or tax transcripts

I read that NVC requires the most recent tax transcripts and that is is required before the embassy interview. 

2 minutes ago, J.J:) said:

I read that NVC requires the most recent tax transcripts and that is is required before the embassy interview. 

i can be wrong dear frirend but please someone to corect me if im wrong.

in this K1 proces i dont think any of us ( beneficiary ore petitionner) will deal with the NVC BECAUSE i truly think that it's the beneficiary who need those document for the interview so i can say you have nothing to do or send to the NVC but send them to the beneficiary and the only thing you have to do to the is to call after the approval to get your case number.

please everyone correct me if i'm wrong

16 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

i can be wrong dear frirend but please someone to corect me if im wrong.

in this K1 proces i dont think any of us ( beneficiary ore petitionner) will deal with the NVC BECAUSE i truly think that it's the beneficiary who need those document for the interview so i can say you have nothing to do or send to the NVC but send them to the beneficiary and the only thing you have to do to the is to call after the approval to get your case number.

please everyone correct me if i'm wrong

I'm getting all my information from this government website and it explains the steps needed after UCIS approves your petition... Am I wrong? It tells you step by step and paying fees etc...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process.html 

8 minutes ago, J.J:) said:

I'm getting all my information from this government website and it explains the steps needed after UCIS approves your petition... Am I wrong? It tells you step by step and paying fees etc...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process.html 

ok i see so is it mean that you're not ON a I129F petition?

because on the likn, it talk about form i-130 and 140

6 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

ok i see so is it mean that you're not ON a I129F petition?

because on the likn, it talk about form i-130 and 140

I must have read that wrong. It is needed at the interview. Thank you so much for clarifying that for me. I was reading various things on various websites and was so confused. Thank you :) 

4 minutes ago, J.J:) said:

I must have read that wrong. It is needed at the interview. Thank you so much for clarifying that for me. I was reading various things on various websites and was so confused. Thank you :) 

good goog that's the reason of this community help everyone in need of the information.

butr it's true you give me a bunch of toughts but no worries you're good

Day 140 and it is draaaggging on for me probably because my fiancé just left on the 3rd to go back to the UK. Also wanted to share this...apply for your social security numbers BEFORE getting married. I know others have said this but I just spoke to another K1 couple who got married September 2017. The husband (benificiary) applies for the number after marriage and they turned him away because his status was married and not fiancé (what he entered on) now he can’t be put on her insurance, get his license, etc and they’re on day 150 of waiting for his work permit. She didn’t say if that’s because of the ss# problem but I imagine it is. Just wanted to share this with others so they don’t make that mistake. 🙂

Also, should my fiancé go ahead and schedule his medical and interview once the NVC gives us our case number or wait for the packet to get to him first? I’ve heard conflicting answers...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Brittani said:

Day 140 and it is draaaggging on for me probably because my fiancé just left on the 3rd to go back to the UK. Also wanted to share this...apply for your social security numbers BEFORE getting married. I know others have said this but I just spoke to another K1 couple who got married September 2017. The husband (benificiary) applies for the number after marriage and they turned him away because his status was married and not fiancé (what he entered on) now he can’t be put on her insurance, get his license, etc and they’re on day 150 of waiting for his work permit. She didn’t say if that’s because of the ss# problem but I imagine it is. Just wanted to share this with others so they don’t make that mistake. 🙂

thanks for this info @Brittani  <3

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, J.J:) said:

Hi

it might have been already answered but I'll add it anyway.

k1 is not an immigrant visa, and it stays in the NVC only a few days for them to send papers to your embassy and give you a case number.

you don't send anything to the NVC at any stage. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Brittani said:

I was actually wondering this exact thing... thanks for sharing! its super important 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am new to this October group because I thought I was a November filer since my fiancé received the letter of NOA1 on Nov. 2nd.. AND I just realized that the date he received NOA1 is NOT our NOA1 date.. haha

I am still trying to figure out what is our actual NOA1 date though.. I researched about that here on VJ, but it just got me more confused as well as the "help" thingie you see next to NOA 1 date when you try to update/edit your timeline. (Link: http://www.visajourney.com/images/noa-date.jpg)

As this link says, NOA1 date is your "Notice Date" which is Oct. 31st, 2017 in my case. But some people say that NOA1 date is your "Received Date" which is Oct. 27th, 2017 in my case. Which one is it?? lol I already changed my timeline as I hoped NOA1 date is my Received Date so that the processing estimate will be sooner.. haha But I would like to know the correct one so that when they start working on October filers, I have some sense of my cases when people post scans here!:)

October 25, 2017: My fiancé sent I-129F to USCIS

October 27, 2017: Received Date (on NOA1 and also on the USCIS website)

October 31, 2017: Notice Date (on NOA1)

November 2, 2017: My fiancé received NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.