2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Holy moly Mine too!!!

seen 25th march for the first time since October :D

YASSSS... Its only a day here and there but they sure are adding up! its a really good feeling

My timeline pushed back 1 day AGAIN!!!! YAS !!!!!

well not too happy now hahahaha I somehow scare as sh*t slowly but sure gets real ... hahahah !

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

7 hours ago, Naes said:

I'm a September 15 filer, I decided to get it ready this weekend. Mostly because my fiancé is coming this weekend so I think I would do it this weekend even if there was some way to go. 

In the website of my embassy it says I-134 is valid for a year, however I think it should be recent, and not more than 2 months apart from the interview.(no real reason but just any idea)

i expect october to start around end of this month. So if it was me I would start getting everything ready and just sign and send I-134 the moment you get noa2. By the time it reaches you you will have NVC case number and maybe even interview date.

thank you dear friend this is very helpful it's been long since i'm looking for answer about how recent shoulb be the affidavit of support and for what amount of time is it good for. thx you. but it remain one more question.

if they are asking the bank letter, it means that they need they petitionner to have a certain amount in his saving? in addition to the incomes ?  if yes what amount of money is good for  a family of 3 people? because my fiancee and i are planning to buy our familly  house if possible before the end of this process so our new family and our daugther will have a family home but sure that will occured a lot of money out of the saving so it'll be helpful to know the good amount of money needed for the account. 

thank to everyone for your help on this community specially with very good and interresting news these days .

sorry the message was long

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, jean baptiste said:

thank you dear friend this is very helpful it's been long since i'm looking for answer about how recent shoulb be the affidavit of support and for what amount of time is it good for. thx you. but it remain one more question.

if they are asking the bank letter, it means that they need they petitionner to have a certain amount in his saving? in addition to the incomes ?  if yes what amount of money is good for  a family of 3 people? because my fiancee and i are planning to buy our familly  house if possible before the end of this process so our new family and our daugther will have a family home but sure that will occured a lot of money out of the saving so it'll be helpful to know the good amount of money needed for the account. 

thank to everyone for your help on this community specially with very good and interresting news these days .

sorry the message was long

If the income is enough, the bank statements are not always required.

there are two theories for bank statements:

1) if you're going to use assets for affidavit of support (they say 3x or 5x should be in bank - or whatever the amount that's not enough x3 or x5) for example for family of 3 just check the poverty guidelines with 3 people household and times 3 or 5 (5 is because AOS asks for 5, 3 I believe is the least required amount but there's no guideline for it)

2) to show nobody is paying for fraud

because they may ask if there's a recent deposit of a huge amount.

I'll be taking the bank statements because my co-sponsor cannot get an employment letter, so just to show there are regular deposits.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

1) if you're going to use assets for affidavit of support (they say 3x or 5x should be in bank - or whatever the amount that's not enough x3 or x5) for example for family of 3 just check the poverty guidelines with 3 people household and times 3 or 5 (5 is because AOS asks for 5, 3 I believe is the least required amount but there's no guideline for it)

I'll be taking the bank statements because my co-sponsor cannot get an employment letter, so just to show there are regular deposits.

I know there are plenty of room for interpretations on a lot of the K1 steps and processes, but my fiance is not working and he is unemployed for over an year now. He decided to travel to Bulgaria and be with me instead and once we are together to start working again and get something more stable once we settle down. So my question is, would this rise a red flag with USCIS? Also in cases like this, will the same requirements for co-sponsor apply? 

Another thing, would a letter from a company in the US, stating they have a ob offer for me waiting will help in any way? I am currently working from home for them and last year applied for H1B, it was selected and then due to some major lawyer screw up withdrawn... I cannot stop thinking and worrying about this...

Any thoughts will be appreciated. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, LLNCE NIKOLOVA said:

I know there are plenty of room for interpretations on a lot of the K1 steps and processes, but my fiance is not working and he is unemployed for over an year now. He decided to travel to Bulgaria and be with me instead and once we are together to start working again and get something more stable once we settle down. So my question is, would this rise a red flag with USCIS? Also in cases like this, will the same requirements for co-sponsor apply? 

Another thing, would a letter from a company in the US, stating they have a ob offer for me waiting will help in any way? I am currently working from home for them and last year applied for H1B, it was selected and then due to some major lawyer screw up withdrawn... I cannot stop thinking and worrying about this...

Any thoughts will be appreciated. 

First of all please know that I'm not an expert but I just read around the forum a lot, and researched a lot (cause I have too much free time) 

so these are just my interpretations and I would try and research on the forum for similar cases.

Being unemployed and outside of US for the petitioner is not that rare, as long as petitioner can prove domicile and there's a co-sponsor.

co-sponsor is subject to same rules (amount to be calculated from the poverty guidelines depending on the co-sponsors dependants)

i dont think any job offer for you at this stage is a plus. K1 cannot work and should not work till it gets either EAD or green card. So I actually see a job offer as a weird thing to include at a k1 case.

beneficiary's current work also has no impact on anything. Unless your embassy approves of self-sponsorship and even then work and current income does not mean anything. Only savings, and assets can be used (which is a whole different process and most embassies won't let the beneficiary)

29 minutes ago, Naes said:

ok  thx. well we'll go throught this soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

First of all please know that I'm not an expert but I just read around the forum a lot, and researched a lot (cause I have too much free time) 

so these are just my interpretations and I would try and research on the forum for similar cases.

Being unemployed and outside of US for the petitioner is not that rare, as long as petitioner can prove domicile and there's a co-sponsor.

co-sponsor is subject to same rules (amount to be calculated from the poverty guidelines depending on the co-sponsors dependants)

i dont think any job offer for you at this stage is a plus. K1 cannot work and should not work till it gets either EAD or green card. So I actually see a job offer as a weird thing to include at a k1 case.

beneficiary's current work also has no impact on anything. Unless your embassy approves of self-sponsorship and even then work and current income does not mean anything. Only savings, and assets can be used (which is a whole different process and most embassies won't let the beneficiary)

Yeah, I know we are all self-thought here, but needed to talk to somebody that can understand my craziness... The job offer, yeah, you are right, now thinking about it this way it be a strange thing indeed :)

I am saving a lot and will get a bank statement for the interview (hope this helps somehow) and will have Matt work with his dad on the Affidavit of Support form. 

I have just been waiting for so long now it seems so unbelievable that the wait is almost over.

Thank you!!!!  

Also I have been on a work and study program back in 2010 when I was issued a SSN and a card. I know it allowed me to work under the 1 visa only, but wondering it this will actually speed up somehow the EAD ... 

Thanks again1! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Question as we are touching base on the I-134 I have a question! :)

For the proof that is needing to be sent in, for the income sustainability, my annual income is comcomfortably well above the amount needed. I have 2 children as well so that constitutes for the amount needed with a family of 4. Question with the bank statememts, I have seen that the bank statements are not always needed if the income is enough. One thing, my fiance and I each went in half for a down payment on a house here in the US. Will a large wire transfer cause any type of red flag if the income is substantial and we have the asset of owning the home?

Thanks in advance!! I love following this forum! I'm an October 27th NOA1 :)

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/resources-congress/testimonies-and-speeches/hearing-vows-visas-investigating-k-1-fiance-fraud-senate-committee-judiciary-march-15-2017

Interesting article that talks about the adjudication process (before and after) and security/fraud checks in K-1 visas.

10-23-2017 I-129F Sent

10-25-2017 NOA1

05-10-2018 NOA2 

05-29-2018 NVC Received

05-30-2018 NVC Case # Assigned

07-10-2018 Case In Transit

07-12-2018 Embassy received

10-03-2018 Interview (Approved!)

10-21-2018 POE 

11-28-2018 Wedding

01-11-2019 AOS/EAD filed (NOA1)

02-11-2019 Biometrics

03-25-2019 AOS Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

04-08-2019 Interview scheduled (for May 22nd)

05-22-2019 AOS Interview (no decision)

08-06-2019 EAD Approval

08-11-2022 RFE

10-24-2022 AOS Approval

16 minutes ago, Jessica Cruver said:

Question as we are touching base on the I-134 I have a question! :)

For the proof that is needing to be sent in, for the income sustainability, my annual income is comcomfortably well above the amount needed. I have 2 children as well so that constitutes for the amount needed with a family of 4. Question with the bank statememts, I have seen that the bank statements are not always needed if the income is enough. One thing, my fiance and I each went in half for a down payment on a house here in the US. Will a large wire transfer cause any type of red flag if the income is substantial and we have the asset of owning the home?

Thanks in advance!! I love following this forum! I'm an October 27th NOA1 :)

hi Jessica

well i'm in the same process as you but on my side we did not go on buying the house yet and i'm thinking maybe it's better to wait until this process ids completed  i mean ti have the visa issued before buy the house because yes its goint to cut an important amount of money out of the savingb so it'll be very helpful if we know exactly the amount we're excpected to have in the saving. i got to know today that the affidavit is goog for one year but should be recent at least between two months to the interview.

my notice date is october 19th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/2/2018 at 11:54 AM, DonAnn said:

Hello, I was approved the first time but took 9 months... visa was denied at the embassy and that fiance was told he needed a hardship waiver (I-601)... I did the waiver, he got approved, we got married before 90 days but I divorced him...

Thank you for sharing that information. Is there a reason why it took 9 months? Did it get denied at the embassy bcz of the wait or something else? Was your ex from Jamaica as well?

I am just asking to make sure I don't omit anything or overlook anything.

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

57 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

Thank you for sharing that information. Is there a reason why it took 9 months? Did it get denied at the embassy bcz of the wait or something else? Was your ex from Jamaica as well?

I am just asking to make sure I don't omit anything or overlook anything.

No problem. In another post i wrote that my ex-husband had previously lived or traveled back and forth to America. I believe it may've taken 9 months because my ex-husband's deportation and arrest in another state most likely came up on their background check. He was actually banned from USA before but I did not know this prior to filing I-129F (I did not get RFE for that case)...

No, I don't think the embassy will deny anyone because their case wasn't approved within 6 months. I think they are more likely to move faster with the other steps if you wait a long time for approval. My ex was denied b/c of his deportation/removal from the US in the past. He was charged with fraud b/c he admitted to working (taking care of family member) on a VISITOR'S VISA)... we had a very complicated case.

My ex-husband is also from Jamaica. 

Hello all,

I'm an October 18th filer and was just wondering if we submit full tax returns or tax transcripts to NVC? I've read both on different websites! 

Edited by J.J:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, J.J:) said:

Hello all,

I'm an October 18th filer and was just wondering if we submit full tax returns or tax transcripts to NVC? I've read both on different websites! 

Oh No! The Documents are for the Embassy during the Interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.