2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, BSantos said:

For them to start September they don’t need to finish the August approvals??? I feel confused about this

They never finish a month. Otherwise we would be waiting for January 2017 to finish....

every case is different and takes different time to finish.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

USCIS doesn't work like that. They start one month, go through it with a rough comb. Then move on to the next month while finishing up the previous month more meticulously. A lot of July filers are still waiting. Some June filers. And even a stray May filer.

In vj we think it's stray. But I can tell they are still approving a number of May and touching some. So we only hear cases that are here but there are way more waiting. (Also April too..) 

I'm curious to know what determines getting left behind that way? Like the few cases that aren't approved with the majority maybe several RFE? Or something got held up with a background check? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I'm curious to know what determines getting left behind that way? Like the few cases that aren't approved with the majority maybe several RFE? Or something got held up with a background check? 

You would like to assume there is some kind of logic to it, but the world may never know.

Just now, ThomasNC1988 said:

You would like to assume there is some kind of logic to it, but the world may never know.

That's what's so scary in all honesty. No one knows and if it is based solely on just being the unlucky few that's a horrible feeling. We pay all this money and do everything in our power to make it go fast but have absolutely no control.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Brittani said:

That's what's so scary in all honesty. No one knows and if it is based solely on just being the unlucky few that's a horrible feeling. We pay all this money and do everything in our power to make it go fast but have absolutely no control.

You sound just like me. I like to believe that the people that sent in the best evidence and had nothing come up on background checks get done first. If evidence needs to be researched or background checks have a lot of things pop up, I believe that is what takes longer. If you haven't done anything for your background check to be extensive and if you are confident in the evidence you sent in with your petition, you should be fine and get approved within the normal time frame.

21 minutes ago, kayteebee1389 said:

You sound just like me. I like to believe that the people that sent in the best evidence and had nothing come up on background checks get done first. If evidence needs to be researched or background checks have a lot of things pop up, I believe that is what takes longer. If you haven't done anything for your background check to be extensive and if you are confident in the evidence you sent in with your petition, you should be fine and get approved within the normal time frame.

I'm going to continue telling myself this to help get myself through this. At least we're half way through! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, MaSi said:

For Germany I can say for sure that a marriage certificate is not required. I just sent the divorce decree and we were approved without any RFE.

Edit: Oh, sorry! I answered too quick.🤓 I just saw you were talking about the interview... At the homepage of the Frankfurt embassy for example there is written down what you have to bring with for the interview and a marriage certificate is not mentioned...

Thank you :)

3 hours ago, Brittani said:

i was asking myself the same question and i was saying maybe the run security check but at the same tome i remember that they  said on their website that the security are at the NVC step. is that right please someone to correct.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I would be interested as well as to what constitutes as passing through the rough comb stage. Would a divorce in recent years constitue as needing to be researched or more or less just a criminal history type of ordeal?

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

28 minutes ago, Jessica Cruver said:

I would be interested as well as to what constitutes as passing through the rough comb stage. Would a divorce in recent years constitue as needing to be researched or more or less just a criminal history type of ordeal?

I don't think that matters as long as you're able to provide the divorce papers. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

After all that research I did on vaccines it turns out my fiance is gonna have to get them all anyways! lol oh well at least i tried.. and i won't be mad about it when the time comes haha 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.