2,704 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BnK said:

I'm secretly hoping and wishing too...

Yep !!! Keep hoping ! I've given up my trust for USCIS but not my hope for miracle !!

c'mon USCIS !!

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, SilentLight said:

Would a "touch" be registered once USCIS starts to work a case or, if no issues with the case, will it only be after approval?

Depends on what touch you're speaking of.

uscis account, it can happen even when they update the system or a case moves.

What we say touch here is normally, rfe or approval or any sort of real notice status change.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Depends on what touch you're speaking of.

uscis account, it can happen even when they update the system or a case moves.

What we say touch here is normally, rfe or approval or any sort of real notice status change.

I'm talking about when they start to review your case. Would that trigger a touch? Would be nice if they did. At least a sign of progress. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, SilentLight said:

I'm talking about when they start to review your case. Would that trigger a touch? Would be nice if they did. At least a sign of progress. 

Ok again what touch you're talking about?

uscis account touch ? Or the touch we talk about here?

however no, unless there's a status update on the case tracker there's no way of knowing if your case is currently being processed (or by luck getting a nice tier 2- although they sometimes lie...)

Edited by Naes

On 2/25/2018 at 1:22 AM, Todd L F said:

OK thanks for your help!

Yes they have links you can copy and paste and it shows all the vaccinations you are actually required to have as well as directions on how to get there and everything you need to bring.

I have a question for really anyone who can answer but I know @Naes could probably help. I've seen on several links for the UK K1 interview that people need their marriage certificate and their divorce decree with them and I've seen other say only the divorce decree is needed. I don't want them to deny him or slow this down by not having the marriage certificate. His name was never changed and shouldn't the divorce decree be proof enough that they were married? The problem we're running into is they no longer have the marriage certificate. It was sent in when they filed for divorce and his ex called the office yesterday since he's still here and they told her it is now considered property of the government and it would be 50 pound to get a copy of it. That's crazy to me. If we actually do need it then he'll do what he has to do but months before I never saw anything like this and now it's popping up.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Brittani said:

I have a question for really anyone who can answer but I know @Naes could probably help. I've seen on several links for the UK K1 interview that people need their marriage certificate and their divorce decree with them and I've seen other say only the divorce decree is needed. I don't want them to deny him or slow this down by not having the marriage certificate. His name was never changed and shouldn't the divorce decree be proof enough that they were married? The problem we're running into is they no longer have the marriage certificate. It was sent in when they filed for divorce and his ex called the office yesterday since he's still here and they told her it is now considered property of the government and it would be 50 pound to get a copy of it. That's crazy to me. If we actually do need it then he'll do what he has to do but months before I never saw anything like this and now it's popping up.

Huh I actually never heard about that. I also thought it was just the divorce papers... 

Just now, Naes said:

Huh I actually never heard about that. I also thought it was just the divorce papers... 

The only reason I'm nervous about it is because they took FOREVER to get their divorce done. They officially filed in August 2016 and it was not final until April 2017 so I'm pretty scared they are going to take forever to send him a copy. I told him just pay the money and get it just to be on the safe side but I truly think it's only for people to show name change/

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Brittani said:

The only reason I'm nervous about it is because they took FOREVER to get their divorce done. They officially filed in August 2016 and it was not final until April 2017 so I'm pretty scared they are going to take forever to send him a copy. I told him just pay the money and get it just to be on the safe side but I truly think it's only for people to show name change/

Well if you heard about this and it worries you I would just get it to be sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I was wondering about that too as im divorced as well and done some research but never found any information saying it is needed. ( unless it’s spousal visa) Only divorce  decree. 

The german divorce decree even includes the name change. 

So i doubt it is needed but I don’t know for sure. 

Edited by Yulie77

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Yulie77 said:

I was wondering about that too as im divorced as well and done some research but never found any information saying it is needed. ( unless it’s spousal visa) Only divorce  decree. 

The german divorce decree even includes the name change. 

So i doubt it is needed but I don’t know for sure. 

For Germany I can say for sure that a marriage certificate is not required. I just sent the divorce decree and we were approved without any RFE.

Edit: Oh, sorry! I answered too quick.🤓 I just saw you were talking about the interview... At the homepage of the Frankfurt embassy for example there is written down what you have to bring with for the interview and a marriage certificate is not mentioned...

Edited by MaSi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, BSantos said:

For them to start September they don’t need to finish the August approvals??? I feel confused about this

USCIS doesn't work like that. They start one month, go through it with a rough comb. Then move on to the next month while finishing up the previous month more meticulously. A lot of July filers are still waiting. Some June filers. And even a stray May filer.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BSantos said:

For them to start September they don’t need to finish the August approvals??? I feel confused about this

They pretty much do whatever they want, but doing every application in order is very impractical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.