2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, L and E said:

¡Voy a! Voy a pedirle a mi prometido que llame a los doctores de la lista y les pregunte al respecto ... Mientras te tengo aquí ... Tengo una pregunta sobre tu certificado policial ... Lo obtuvimos en línea y fuimos a buscarlo tradujo y dijeron que la versión en línea no era suficiente para fines internacionales, así que la llevaron a la estación de policía y trajeron otro documento con membrete ... ¿Tiene alguna experiencia o conocimiento sobre los requisitos del certificado policial en CO? Tuvimos tantos problemas con la compañía de traducción que no sé qué creer de ellos lol 

Wow, they told me that the online certificate was useful, now you leave me with another doubt, I understand that in the embassy they accept what is online and we do not have to translate it, but then it will be better to inform us more so as not to have errors.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, José y Yeny said:

Wow, they told me that the online certificate was useful, now you leave me with another doubt, I understand that in the embassy they accept what is online and we do not have to translate it, but then it will be better to inform us more so as not to have errors.

There is a part on the bottom of the online police clearance that says "Esta consulta solo es válida para el territorio colombiano obedeciendo a los parámetros establecidos en el ordamiento constitucional" I looked back at what we got from the translation company and it is something from the apostille? Not sure what that is but it looks official... What is the apostille? 

considering the interview is done in CO it may be ok... but technically it is done at the US embassy sooooo idk I think I have seen others from CO talking about "Apostille"

Edited by L and E

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Update of the graphs comparing June and July regarding the length of time from Received to Approved one month later (as to 02/22/2018), this time including August under the same conditions.

As a reminder, in the graphs below I try to compare what happened within the next 177 days after that last day of June, July and August 29th (last day with approvals) received cases.

In that time, with a total of 715, 357 and 582 approved cases (after removing some outliers) respectively:

• June had a global mean of 182.49 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 7.89 days.
  • July had a global mean of 195.03 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 3.89 days.
  • August had a global mean of 189.33 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 6.47 days.

As you guys can see, July (starting approvals at 185+ days) was significantly worse than June (160+ days), but in August (175+ days), we can clearly see the turning point for average processing times finally starting to go down again. This is looking much better than in previous months!

Please, note that ONLY updated approved cases were considered, and that the purpose of this graphs is just merely informative, not predictive.

5a905f3073d1c_ComparisonJuneJulyandAugust(02-22).thumb.png.4ac7c4580bb1b46b716d3e3072a10fc8.png

Timeline

@José y Yeny The translation company took the police certificate to the police station and retrieved a document in Spanish from the apostille, then they translated that document... just fyi 

Edited by L and E

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, L and E said:

This is great news @Daniel P I hope this trend continues!!! Feeling very positive.. Thank you!! 

Always glad to bring good news! ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, L and E said:

This is great news @Daniel P I hope this trend continues!!! Feeling very positive.. Thank you!! 

Agreed!  They are approaching the end of August.  Lots of updates for May-August as well.  Let's hope they continue with the big push and start September soon as they begin to close out most of June and July.

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

Timeline

@José y Yeny As promised.. my fiance called the approved medical offices and got the same response from all... "I can not give you a list, the doctor decides", or,  "I can not give the list over the phone"... I am seriously calling BS... I'm sorry but I am fed up with this whole process from the US to CO!!! lol... I don't want anyone to get me wrong I love Colombia but sometimes the business practices there are FRUSTRATING to say the least. I know the vaccines there can be costly so by not telling you what you need or how to prove if you've had any they are forcing you into a situation where you have to pay for them... sooooooo shady ugh! My fiance was in the navy so he is going to go the naval office to request the documentation of the vaccines he received from them. I guess I would recommend to get a record of all the vaccines you have received and then check them against the CDC website to make sure you are current etc. 

Anyone else from other countries have similar experience regarding vaccines? Or was it very simple/cheap? So curious about this whole thing now

11 minutes ago, L and E said:

@José y Yeny As promised.. my fiance called the approved medical offices and got the same response from all... "I can not give you a list, the doctor decides", or,  "I can not give the list over the phone"... I am seriously calling BS... I'm sorry but I am fed up with this whole process from the US to CO!!! lol... I don't want anyone to get me wrong I love Colombia but sometimes the business practices there are FRUSTRATING to say the least. I know the vaccines there can be costly so by not telling you what you need or how to prove if you've had any they are forcing you into a situation where you have to pay for them... sooooooo shady ugh! My fiance was in the navy so he is going to go the naval office to request the documentation of the vaccines he received from them. I guess I would recommend to get a record of all the vaccines you have received and then check them against the CDC website to make sure you are current etc. 

Anyone else from other countries have similar experience regarding vaccines? Or was it very simple/cheap? So curious about this whole thing now

i have been asking the required vaccin fior my country Togo in west africa but here the information is also difficult to get si still looking for that answer becaue i need it ahead of time to plan finances in the best way

Timeline
1 minute ago, jean baptiste said:

i have been asking the required vaccin fior my country Togo in west africa but here the information is also difficult to get si still looking for that answer becaue i need it ahead of time to plan finances in the best way

I just found this while googling ds 3025 

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter9.html

ok thank you dear i got the list, but wow what a list? i'll see if everyone everywhere in the world in thi process need all of them or if there is some specificities

Timeline
12 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

ok thank you dear i got the list, but wow what a list? i'll see if everyone everywhere in the world in thi process need all of them or if there is some specificities

It looks like there are age specific recommendations.. for example age 19-49 are req'd to have "Td or Tdap, MMR, Varicella, and flu during flu season" flu season ends March 31st by the way so that takes one off that list... I also checked this on the CDC website and it matches... seems solid 

Edited by L and E

It looks like there are age specific recommendations.. for example age 19-49 are req'd to have "Td or Tdap, MMR, Varicella, and flu during flu season" flu season ends March 31st by the way so that takes one off that list

ok great  friend i'll keep an eyes on that thanks for the information. it'll be a great event to celebreate and scherish every instant once this process is done

Timeline

This is what the CDC says about the vaccination procedures for immigration

Procedures for the Vaccination Portion of the Medical Exam

The following instructions and accompanying tables describe the procedures that should be followed by civil surgeons performing the vaccination portion of the medical examination for any person who seeks adjustment of status for US permanent residence.

• Review the applicant’s medical history and vaccination records.
  • Assess the applicant’s needs, if any, for laboratory confirmation of immunity.
  • Determine the vaccines the applicant needs based on his or her age, records, documented immunity, and information provided in Table 1.
  • Assess for contraindications and precautions that might apply to the applicant.
  • Administer vaccines, if indicated.
  • Complete the applicant’s Form I-693 and give it to the applicant in a sealed envelope for USCIS, in addition to a copy for the applicant to keep.

Lots of good info including the above on this page https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html about the vaccination requirements and process 

33 minutes ago, L and E said:

This is what the CDC says about the vaccination procedures for immigration

Procedures for the Vaccination Portion of the Medical Exam

The following instructions and accompanying tables describe the procedures that should be followed by civil surgeons performing the vaccination portion of the medical examination for any person who seeks adjustment of status for US permanent residence.

• Review the applicant’s medical history and vaccination records.
  • Assess the applicant’s needs, if any, for laboratory confirmation of immunity.
  • Determine the vaccines the applicant needs based on his or her age, records, documented immunity, and information provided in Table 1.
  • Assess for contraindications and precautions that might apply to the applicant.
  • Administer vaccines, if indicated.
  • Complete the applicant’s Form I-693 and give it to the applicant in a sealed envelope for USCIS, in addition to a copy for the applicant to keep.

Lots of good info including the above on this page https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html about the vaccination requirements and process 

you give such  good informations thank you. but please for anyone to correct me if i'm wrong some of those vaccine will be required not when you'll be seeking the admission to the US but whwn you'll be filling the adjustement of status. is that right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.