2,704 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, r1mario said:

Got back from the states on Sunday. I always need two days to feel better, saying goodbye is always hard. But i can't compain, i'm lucky to have the opportunity to see her as much as i do. I hope to see the first september approvals this month. Keep your heads up everybody, our approvals are coming!!

how much i would like to have your opportunity. but yes the last time i say goodbye was too hard. that will be great to see first september appovals this mounth. cross finger

10 hours ago, ernestadkins said:

It seems as though the conversation had dried up a little until I asked my questions.  Then all of these other folks wanted to start getting touchy about everything.  I regret asking anything.  Lynn and I will figure it out on our own and we're very sorry for any grief caused by our questions.  Good luck to all.

i would ;like to tell you that  you're wrong saying you'll get the information on your own but it depend also in my country here in Togo even on the US consulate and or Embassy website there still questions not answered about bthis heavy process so stay here don't care () who's nervous or not because you can get your answer evem from the most nervous one here. so by your own maybe YES BUT ARE YOU SURE? 

for me personally this community have give and still giving me helpfull answers

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

i would ;like to tell you that  you're wrong saying you'll get the information on your own but it depend also in my country here in Togo even on the US consulate and or Embassy website there still questions not answered about bthis heavy process so stay here don't care () who's nervous or not because you can get your answer evem from the most nervous one here. so by your own maybe YES BUT ARE YOU SURE? 

for me personally this community have give and still giving me helpfull answers

I couldn't even catch the question 😂😂 that was really quick to give up on the answer...

12 hours ago, ernestadkins said:

What is CFO GCP? 

Yes, she is a Filipino national and working in Taiwan.  We've listed her mailing address in Taiwan.  Any issues you see here?  Additionally, she is obviously cleared to work in Taiwan so her background is clear but does it create any issues you are aware of?

This question has been raised a few times but I don't recall the answers.  I believe they need to interview in the country that their passport is issued from.  This is a hot question over the past few days so we should have a definitive answer soon.

GCP is the Guidance and Counseling Program that is required to get a sticker in her passport that allows her to leave the Philippines.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Last night I had a dream where I got an RFE. Hopefully it was just a dream and we'll get a straight approval.

God this process is starting to take a toll on my mind 😞

J1 Waiver

• 1/9/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 1/15/2018 - Packet delivered 📨
  • 1/16/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 1/30/2018 - Documents received 📨
  • 1/31/2018 - Requested embassy to send No Objection Statement 📄
  • 2/2/2018 - Embassy sent No Objection Statement to DoS ✉️
  • 2/2/2018 - No Objection Statement received 📨
  • 3/26/2018 - Favorable Recommendation 🎉
  • 4/2/2018 - USCIS Received 📨
  • 4/18/2018 - Approved 🎉

K1 Visa

• 10/5/2017 - Application Received 📨
  • 10/10/2017 - NOA1 📄
  • 3/30/2018 - NOA2 🎉
  • 4/25/2018 - NVC received 📨
  • 4/26/2018 - Case number assigned, CEAC In Transit 🚚
  • 5/3/2018 - CEAC Ready
  • 6/18/2018 - Medical 💉
  • 6/19/2018 - Interview - Approved! 🎉
  • 6/20/2018 - CEAC Application Received 📨
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Administrative processing 💤
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Issued ✉️
  • 7/2/2018 - Visa in hands 🛂
  • 7/6/2018 - POE 🛬
  • 8/18/2018 - Married! 🎊

AOS

• 9/7/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 9/11/2018 - NOA1 📄
  • 9/12/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 9/14/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice 📄
  • 9/17/2018 - NOA1 Hard copy 📄
  • 9/21/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Hard copy 📄
  • [Somewhere in between] RFE
  • 10/5/2018 - Biometrics Appt/Fingerprint review was complete 🛂
  • 11/20/2018 - RFE response 📤
  • 12/26/2018 - Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 1/10/2018 - Interview Was Scheduled 📅
  • 2/4/2019 - EAD+AP approved 🎉
  • 2/9/2019 - EAD+AP combo card in the mail ✉️
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview was completed and case must be reviewed 
  • 3/12/2019 - New card is being produced
  • 3/18/2019 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

Removal of Conditions

• 3/24/2021 - Filed
  • 4/21/2021 - NOA1
  • 6/28/2021 - Biometrics
  • 9/29/2022 - Request for additional evidence
  • 10/18/2022 - RFE response sent
  • 10/26/2022 - RFE response received
  • 11/22/2022 - New card is being produced
  • 11/23/2022 - Case was approved
  • 11/25/2022 - Card Was Mailed To Me (Updated 11/28/2022)
  • 11/28/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
  • 11/30/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

19 minutes ago, Buhr said:

Last night I had a dream where I got an RFE. Hopefully it was just a dream and we'll get a straight approval.

A RFE is better than nothing, though! I hope you get an approval, too!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Buhr said:

Welcome to the club.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

@ernestadkins...I just got this answer in the Philippines forum..

Yes, the OFW can interview in the country that they are presently in at that point in time AS LONG as they are valid resident of that country. Such as having a work/family visa for that particular country is fine. GCP is not needed as long as they DO NOT fly to the Philippines and then to the USA. Yes, that is a question that does occasionally come up here as well. If they touch Philippine soil then they are required to go through GCP before heading to the USA and they can/will be turned away at the airport.

If they are residents in that country they can abide by those rules in that country such as divorce. It is common for Filipinos abroad to get a divorce in HK, Singapore, or any other country that allows divorce because the Philippines does not recognize divorce. But the USA will recognize that divorce and that person can be petitioned to live in the USA for a K1/CR1 visa after that as long as they have that divorce decree in hand.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just to clarify John & Rose it wasn't you that started it, not to me anyway. Now I admit your comment made me second guess sending to many pictures but that was cleared up quickly it was the other person chiming in which I'm fine with them now as well. I didn't mean to get a dispute started. I know I was to defensive and I am sorry for that. I just didn't want others reading it second guessing what they sent in based on one person's opinion. That was my whole point because this is already stressful enough. We need to be here to help one another and lift each other up after all no one understands our heart ache better than fellow visa journey members. I am too choosing to keep quiet from here on out just for the simple reason I really don't want to start anymore arguments. I wish you all the best and I will be steadily lurking hoping everyone's receives very good news in the coming weeks!:wub:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, EllyNelly said:

yikes, how much does one have to make in order to not need a co sponsor? I am actually a little nervous lol

Check this 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

55 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

@ernestadkins...I just got this answer in the Philippines forum..

Yes, the OFW can interview in the country that they are presently in at that point in time AS LONG as they are valid resident of that country. Such as having a work/family visa for that particular country is fine. GCP is not needed as long as they DO NOT fly to the Philippines and then to the USA. Yes, that is a question that does occasionally come up here as well. If they touch Philippine soil then they are required to go through GCP before heading to the USA and they can/will be turned away at the airport.

If they are residents in that country they can abide by those rules in that country such as divorce. It is common for Filipinos abroad to get a divorce in HK, Singapore, or any other country that allows divorce because the Philippines does not recognize divorce. But the USA will recognize that divorce and that person can be petitioned to live in the USA for a K1/CR1 visa after that as long as they have that divorce decree in hand.

She will still need the NBI certificate from the Philippines.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Naes said:

hehehe thanks Naes! I am very much in the clear lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hope everyone is doing ok? The wait is strong, but we are hanging in there.. even if by string cheese [i made a funny... if it isnt funny i wont quite my day job lol] 

Going to go lurk August now! xoxo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Buhr said:

Buhr, do not think about this wait or the process too much for now. Your journey has just begun and it will be hard but the light at the end of this dark tunnel will be more than just worth it. I know we will all get our happily ever after :wub:. Just be careful not to get too stressed out in the meantime bcz it doesn't just take a toll on you but it also affects everyone else around you including your significant other so just keep enjoying your relationship and just remember that it only gets better from here on.

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.