2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is CFO GCP? 

Yes, she is a Filipino national and working in Taiwan.  We've listed her mailing address in Taiwan.  Any issues you see here?  Additionally, she is obviously cleared to work in Taiwan so her background is clear but does it create any issues you are aware of?

Timeline
2 hours ago, AnaUmo said:

:( Not at all, please feel free to ask your questions. Even if it's not here VJ is a good forum for getting advice. We're all just very sick and tired of all the waiting so misunderstandings do happen from time to time. Also we're not too much posting here because we're all stalking the earlier months before us to see how far they are with their approvals :content:

True!!! :jest::D:D

I visit August everyday first before here. Just so excited to see people getting approved.

I pray for yours to come the soonest @John & Rose . Hopefully tom or already in your mail?!! <3 <3

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, ernestadkins said:

What is CFO GCP? 

Yes, she is a Filipino national and working in Taiwan.  We've listed her mailing address in Taiwan.  Any issues you see here?  Additionally, she is obviously cleared to work in Taiwan so her background is clear but does it create any issues you are aware of?

Here you go mate http://www.cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

But please allow Johnny boy to chime in, I am the Cambodia expert and he is the Philippines expert. We have a few people who had different country residency as well (i.e. Philippine National living in Ireland or Korea for some time). 

Unrelated, I liked Taipei and was checking out jobs there. Eventually ended in Cambodia (lived 5 years) but Taipei was definitely in the running! 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

The CFO GCP is a good thing to get over with as soon as possible. 

Has the beneficiary lived lived in any other countries for more than 6 months?  Some police certainly have a long lead time.  NBI is just a week so you have time for that. Same with Cenomar.  You can get that after NOA2. Right now look into the GCP.  Other than that, relax and enjoy the ride as much as possible. 

Correct, the I-129f is NOT a visa application. That will happen later after NVC. That costs $265 right now!  Then there is also a fee for medical in about the $300 range. It all depends on the strength of the dollar at the time. So, do GCP and SAVE YOUR MONEY!  Lol 😆 

Hi @John & Rose ! Does the CFO GCP has expiration?

I saw that they will go to Davao on mobile next month and I'm interested to register and have the seminar there since its nearest to where I am (I'm from Mindanao).

If I get it before my NOA2 and interview, I need to go back and have the stamps after ryt? Please enlighten me.

Thanks a lot

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

2 minutes ago, BnK said:

Hi @John & Rose ! Does the CFO GCP has expiration?

I saw that they will go to Davao on mobile next month and I'm interested to register and have the seminar there since its nearest to where I am (I'm from Mindanao).

If I get it before my NOA2 and interview, I need to go back and have the stamps after ryt? Please enlighten me.

Thanks a lot

No. The GCP does not expire.  Only the GPC can be done without a visa in hand. In other words, only the K-1/CR-1 fiancé(e) can take this seminar. Once they get the visa they need to bring the receipt to the CFO office to get their stamp. I believe that NAIA has a CFO office but you need to call ahead so someone is there. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

No. The GCP does not expire.  Only the GPC can be done without a visa in hand. In other words, only the K-1/CR-1 fiancé(e) can take this seminar. Once they get the visa they need to bring the receipt to the CFO office to get their stamp. I believe that NAIA has a CFO office but you need to call ahead so someone is there. 

Okay thank you.

So I'll have separate for GCP and PDOS, ryt?

My 15 year old son will have Peer?

Edited by BnK

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

1 hour ago, BnK said:

Okay thank you.

So I'll have separate for GCP and PDOS, ryt?

My 15 year old son will have Peer?

GCP is for the fiance(e). That can happen before visa. The 15 year old will need to schedule peer counseling and he will need a visa before he takes the seminar. 

Same with us. Rose took the GCP but Aira and AJ have to do peer counseling after they get their visas. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Anyone with experience filing for a fiance from Colombia? Looking for things that we could probably preempt and complete while we wait for the second notice. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, AERNESTOC said:

Anyone with experience filing for a fiance from Colombia? Looking for things that we could probably preempt and complete while we wait for the second notice. 

Hey my fiancée it’s from Colombia also, I’m october 3rd filer.

Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

GCP is for the fiance(e). That can happen before visa. The 15 year old will need to schedule peer counseling and he will need a visa before he takes the seminar. 

Same with us. Rose took the GCP but Aira and AJ have to do peer counseling after they get their visas. 

ohhhh... Thanks @John & Rose !

Guess i'll just wait for my visa then and take the seminar in Cebu few weeks before POE.

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

Guys Octies! I didn't check VJ for almost 7 days. 

What's new ??? Are they started with Sept ?  

😃😃😃

Edited by Christy&J

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

Guys Octies! I didn't check VJ for almost 7 days. 

What's new ??? Are they started with Sept ?  

😃😃😃

Nothing new.........................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Got back from the states on Sunday. I always need two days to feel better, saying goodbye is always hard. But i can't compain, i'm lucky to have the opportunity to see her as much as i do. I hope to see the first september approvals this month. Keep your heads up everybody, our approvals are coming!!

19 minutes ago, Naes said:

Nothing new.........................

Thats sucks :(

3 minutes ago, r1mario said:

Got back from the states on Sunday. I always need two days to feel better, saying goodbye is always hard. But i can't compain, i'm lucky to have the opportunity to see her as much as i do. I hope to see the first september approvals this month. Keep your heads up everybody, our approvals are coming!!

We know the feel. But yes our time is coming :)

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

11 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Exactly.  Let us focus on the paperwork needed for the interview!  That is more important.  

thank very much because here is where all my thought are right now of course the petition is submited and we get NOA1. but we need and we should do everything to to get the second step done with success also and this include get all the required documentation exactly as the want it to be.

please for someone to corect me if im wrong; 

- the petionner need to send a copy of all the documentations that he/she sent to the USCIS

- the affidavit of support 

-a letter from his / her employer mentioning information like when did the person stqrt working there and also information on the salary and stuff

- tax returns informations as well as income informations

a letter for the bank showing what is in the savings

another question is that; do they really care about how much you have in your saving if your incomes are good (excuse me it may be possible that i have asked this question beffore) but yes anyone can reply if there is an answer to help everyone.

when is the best time to fill the affidait of support? before the NOA2 or after. the question another way i'll ask if there is a certain amount of time  for the affidavit to be good or valid to be accepted by the consular officer once it's filled?

thank guy i'm long today sorry for that but it's important.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.