2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I will clarify my post to say that nowhere on the I-129f does it say tell us about your relationship in any form or fashion. The I-129f is not a visa application it simply establishes your fiance's eligibility to apply for a visa. One of the requirements to be eligible is to have met in person which is what they ask. Anything other than that is a trivial waste of time. I did not mean to offend anyone I was just stating what to me seems to be obvious.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brittani said:

It ends up being pretty long even if you include 10 pictures. And why come on here being rude?

I agree with you. I wasn't sure if he was but if he was it was rude.

How was I rude? I didn't even address you at all. I just saw people talking about how front loading = bad.

Just now, ThomasNC1988 said:

I will clarify my post to say that nowhere on the I-129f does it say tell us about your relationship in any form or fashion. The I-129f is not a visa application it simply establishes your fiance's eligibility to apply for a visa. One of the requirements to be eligible is to have met in person which is what they ask. Anything other than that is a trivial waste of time. I did not mean to offend anyone I was just stating what to me seems to be obvious.

Ok well I wasn't trying to be rude but there's no reason to come on here being judgmental just because some people include more and pretty much everyone I've looked at on here includes a little letter with it about how they met. I actually looked at several youtube videos of people who have already done the process and got their visa they all included that and some even included a thank you letter at the end.

1 minute ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

How was I rude? I didn't even address you at all. I just saw people talking about how front loading = bad.

Ok well I will agree to disagree I don't feel as if anything is wrong with including a little extra. If you send a book in yes but just making sure you have everything you feel comfortable with isn't in my opinion and unless a USCIS officer tells me differently I will continue to look at it that way. I will however apologize for assuming your remark was directed at me. Good day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well in my own opinion every cases and every person is different from one another so therefore if one decides to prove relationship in whatever way they want it, then they have the right to do it. If one did something that he/she thinks would help their case then he/she should do it and it doesn’t have to be the same way as the others did ✌🏻😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, Brittani said:

Ok well I wasn't trying to be rude but there's no reason to come on here being judgmental just because some people include more and pretty much everyone I've looked at on here includes a little letter with it about how they met. I actually looked at several youtube videos of people who have already done the process and got their visa they all included that and some even included a thank you letter at the end.

I'm not saying that is bad I'm saying these 20 pound petitions you see have to be a burden on the system. If an officer has to comb through 2000 pages instead of 200 to do 10 petitions obviously it is going to slow him down is all.

To prove a point, I just pulled the digital file for our application (which has been approved to NVC)

1. 8x pictures of us (including dog)

2. 9 trip confirmation emails (33 pages total)

3. 1 US passport (mine, 25 pages ish?)

4. 3 passport pages from HIS passport

5. 13 page I-129F (+1 extra page for Q.54)

6. 2x G-325A forms

7. Cover letter

8. 2x letters of intent

So, how exactly you're supposed to do a packet with less than 10 pages is impossible (the i-129F is 13 pages). 

Also, our passport size photos in ziplock baggies with paper stapled to the back of them. That's 2 more pages.

Edited by Jaquelly
forgot something

1 minute ago, sillyali said:

Well in my own opinion every cases and every person is different from one another so therefore if one decides to prove relationship in whatever way they want it, then they have the right to do it. If one did something that he/she thinks would help their case then he/she should do it and it doesn’t have to be the same way as the others did ✌🏻😊

Thank you! That's all I was trying to say. I just don't want people who may have had a bit larger petition get discouraged just based on what one persons opinion was. :)

1 minute ago, Brittani said:

i personally dont think it's someone's benefit to be rude we just need to take things easy and guide our mind peacefully on the information we need. of course this seems to be strange for prople to not know about that letter to explain how to meet. we my fiancee an i have put our pettition together without any lawyer but in the instructions that we print out, they say that at some point i mean something about how and when you met.

1 minute ago, Jaquelly said:

To prove a point, I just pulled the digital file for our application (which has been approved to NVC)

1. 8x pictures of us (including dog)

2. 9 trip confirmation emails (33 pages total)

3. 1 US passport (mine, 25 pages ish?)

4. 3 passport pages from HIS passport

5. 13 page I-129F (+1 extra page for Q.54)

6. 2x G-325A forms

7. Cover letter

8. 2x letters of intent

So, how exactly you're supposed to do a packet with less than 10 pages is impossible (the i-129F is 13 pages). 

So true, the only reason mine ended up being as long as it did is because I did a copy of every page of my fiance's passport because a few people stated they did that as well just to be on the safe side plus all of our plan tickets (it was a lot) and to make it easier on them I just copied and pasted our pictures on pages and printed them out that way. In all honesty it's a hefty petition regardless of how short you try to make it.

2 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

i personally dont think it's someone's benefit to be rude we just need to take things easy and guide our mind peacefully on the information we need. of course this seems to be strange for prople to not know about that letter to explain how to meet. we my fiancee an i have put our pettition together without any lawyer but in the instructions that we print out, they say that at some point i mean something about how and when you met.

You don't have to include it to be approved hon. It's just something a good bit of people like to include. Do not fret if you didn't do it.

Timeline

Mine was probably 30 or so pages but I'm more referring to these ones you see that are hundreds of pages. If you are sending proof you met in person then you are doing what they want and that makes sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Thank you! That's all I was trying to say. I just don't want people who may have had a bit larger petition get discouraged just based on what one persons opinion was. :)

you’re welcome 😊 

Just now, jean baptiste said:

Brittani isn't rude - trust me. She's harsh, but honest, and she's pretty soft in comparison to a lot of others around here, myself included.

Yes, you have to fill out the letter of how you've met. However, front loading and including pictures of engagement rings/engagement ceremonies/etc can often result in diminished effects. LOL

1 minute ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Mine was probably 30 or so pages but I'm more referring to these ones you see that are hundreds of pages. If you are sending proof you met in person then you are doing what they want and that makes sense.

Yeah like there was no way to make mine short at all. We've visited each other like 8 times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.