2,704 posts in this topic

Just now, Brittani said:

In that case I'm screwed because I sent in like 30 pictures...oh well if they can't tell we're legit something is definitely wrong.

LOL It's usually not the pictures. It's more like... You know, here's an entire scrapbook of our relationship. I've read countless threads of people who've frontloaded binders of photos just to have them sent back when they got their NOA1. 

Just now, Jaquelly said:

@ernestadkins Front loading (or filling your application with more than what is requested) is often frowned upon, especially from high fraud countries.

However, until they start processing October cases, there's not much you can do about worrying. If they have a problem with what you've submitted, they will request a RFE.

I have a hefty petition. I didn't include that much more but I did send in about 30 pictures with detailed description of that day and the date and our daughter's birth certificate and confirmation of birth. Do you think I should be worried. I mean I wasn't until John & Rose said something. I even included a letter with our story explaining how we met, etc.

9 minutes ago, sillyali said:

another question ☝🏻😊. Beneficiary will need to bring a copy of everything that the petitioner sent to the USCIS for the interview including the letter of intent to marry. There’s also a cover letter and a statement about my trip there in a formal letter form. Does the copy needs be in the present date. though I know that the letter of intent to marry needs to be updated, but what about the others that has dates on them. Also, should we address everything to the Embassy or just let it addressed still to the USCIS

???  I've never heard that.  Check out this link.  It has links to the actual requirements in Manila.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/index.html

You do not need to bring a copy of what they already have in their hands...

Don't overthink.  Just follow what is in the embassy letter (attached to that link from Hank)

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I have a hefty petition. I didn't include that much more but I did send in about 30 pictures with detailed description of that day and the date and our daughter's birth certificate and confirmation of birth. Do you think I should be worried. I mean I wasn't until John & Rose said something. I even included a letter with our story explaining how we met, etc.

Nah, I don't think so. You guys have a history together - much longer than most who are applying. I think we sent in 7 pictures, our letters and some scans of our boarding passes/hotel confirmations/etc. I was honestly worried about my case because we met on OkCupid and I had read a lot of stories about USCIS thinking that it might be something to do with IMBRA (but we had no RFE).

Honestly, I think right now, everything is going to freak you out and make your stomach churn. I worried for three months that they wouldn't be able to verify my addresses or that something would get us denied. You've been around here long enough, you've been a big help to others. You guys will be just fine. If they do send a RFE, we'll help you answer it and help you move along. :)

5 minutes ago, Brittani said:

It is really nothing to worry about if the relationship is real.  They will not deny a true bona fide relationship.  Too much info makes them pause but that is usually due to volumes of pages of chats...You have nothing to worry about.  There are people who have sent in thousands of pages.  I'm sorry if I scared anyone.  All you need to do is prove the relationship is real.  If that takes 1000 pages, you have a problem!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Brittani said:

In that case I'm screwed because I sent in like 30 pictures...oh well if they can't tell we're legit something is definitely wrong.

You are good.  That is all they need to do.  Be confident that the relationship is real.  One interesting point from the Q&A is the delay because some poor Government worker has to scan the entire petition!  Imagine having to scan page by page of a 1000 page petition...

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, Jaquelly said:

Nah, I don't think so. You guys have a history together - much longer than most who are applying. I think we sent in 7 pictures, our letters and some scans of our boarding passes/hotel confirmations/etc. I was honestly worried about my case because we met on OkCupid and I had read a lot of stories about USCIS thinking that it might be something to do with IMBRA (but we had no RFE).

Honestly, I think right now, everything is going to freak you out and make your stomach churn. I worried for three months that they wouldn't be able to verify my addresses or that something would get us denied. You've been around here long enough, you've been a big help to others. You guys will be just fine. If they do send a RFE, we'll help you answer it and help you move along. :)

Thanks so much! I'm just so worried this whole thing will be delayed. I appreciate your encouragement.

7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

It is really nothing to worry about if the relationship is real.  They will not deny a true bona fide relationship.  Too much info makes them pause but that is usually due to volumes of pages of chats...You have nothing to worry about.  There are people who have sent in thousands of pages.  I'm sorry if I scared anyone.  All you need to do is prove the relationship is real.  If that takes 1000 pages, you have a problem!

Ok thanks! I hope not and yeah if it was a petition that required a binder I would be concerned as well. We used paper clips and one big holder kinda like a potato chip bag clip to keep them all together. I think it ended up being 90 pages give or take.

Here are the Manila instruction letters in English and Tagalog...

K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-Filipino-337KB.pdf

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I've always thought front loading was a bad idea. I mean it is a bureaucracy they are only looking to check boxes and to me it seems like you are just slowing the process down for everyone else. Send your relationship evidence to the embassy where they ask for it. I have always thought it was an unpopular opinion so I keep it to myself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Brittani said:

well like you said, sending more is  better than not enough. i worry more coz i only  sent 3 pictures. two of them are us together and one is with her whole family. Then i sent 5 pages only of the conversation, beginning, middle and the present at that time. (actually i think i only sent 4 pages) 😅

4 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I've always thought front loading was a bad idea. I mean it is a bureaucracy they are only looking to check boxes and to me it seems like you are just slowing the process down for everyone else. Send your relationship evidence to the embassy where they ask for it. I have always thought it was an unpopular opinion so I keep it to myself.

Ok well I'm sorry if you feel as if it inconveniences the process but considering we have a daughter together and have had several trips in our relationship I feel as if I left anything out it would look very shady to the officer reviewing our case so in my case in particular that opinion isn't wanted. Worry about your case, thanks! 

1 minute ago, Brittani said:

Ok well I'm sorry if you feel as if it inconveniences the process but considering we have a daughter together and have had several trips in our relationship I feel as if I left anything out it would look very shady to the officer reviewing our case so in my case in particular that opinion isn't wanted. Worry about your case, thanks! 

I don't think they were directly saying it to you, and if they were, it's a little rude.

I think the part that frustrates me is when people will come here and ask for advice that can be found in multiple different areas. Like, "Oh, I didn't include passport photos - is that bad?" or something like that. It's never the 'after' questions (did I include too much), but the before questions (FAQ things that can be found everywhere).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, Brittani said:

I haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about or what your case consisted of but if you sent 100 page petition you have trouble comprehending directions and are obviously slowing the officer reviewing your case down for no reason. Otherwise.... thanks I guess.

Just now, ThomasNC1988 said:

I haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about or what your case consisted of but if you sent 100 page petition you have trouble comprehending directions and are obviously slowing the officer reviewing your case down for no reason. Otherwise.... thanks I guess.

It ends up being pretty long even if you include 10 pictures. And why come on here being rude?

2 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I don't think they were directly saying it to you, and if they were, it's a little rude.

I think the part that frustrates me is when people will come here and ask for advice that can be found in multiple different areas. Like, "Oh, I didn't include passport photos - is that bad?" or something like that. It's never the 'after' questions (did I include too much), but the before questions (FAQ things that can be found everywhere).

I agree with you. I wasn't sure if he was but if he was it was rude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.