2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
10 hours ago, Westo said:

Welcome Daniel, I can't help with other interesting tools I'm afraid. Just want to welcome you and  wish you Good luck on your visa journey 

Thanks Westo! Hopefully the time they're taking now to process the cases will go down in the next months, and it won't be as painful as we all are expecting now. Good luck to you too!

Timeline

This is a copy/paste information posted by @Naes on the July 2017 filers thread. Pretty interesting, huh?

Anyone else dreaming of being one of those rare cases processed within weeks from being filed? :rolleyes:

This is a repost from May to give the information to everyone!

---------------------------

Good News Everyone, I made a mistake! :D

@June2017UKtold me there were duplicates in June. And I will input corrected numbers in this post.

However, Why does this important for May Filers?? 

Because I manually put every April and May approval of 10/24 and realized a few things.

1) I am 99.9% sure some of April RFE's were to gain time.

Other than 2 of the April approvals & RFE's from yesterday was already RFE'd. 

Some were responses BUT some were really weird. Such as the case that got RFE on 10/23 and approved on today.

Some RFE's changed to approval without status change to "RFE received" 

2) I am certain their system is not working properly.

We already know this by people here telling us, however, now I am certain there are way more of these cases than we thought.

3) I am guessing some new trainee or other people are at work, and their training period might have also affected April Filers.

This also has the affect on RFE levels, they keep RFEing more than once, some of them late in the game, so I believe some RFE's are without screening the whole petition. What I read in the past was most of the time you get 1 RFE and it usually covers everything if given in 2 close timeline.

Now as I am going to post this in all months;

June Filers from my estimate, depending on things picking up to 700+ per week, your cases should start in 2-3 weeks.

Yes it is longer than expected. However, this week and next week supposed to be May's peak time.

July Filers should have a rather easy process however we cannot predict the effect of holidays.

Although there may be some case workers coming back from holidays with bunch of status updates (all fingers are crossed ladies and gentlemen)

Now the numbers;

Virgin cases (As I'll be calling received cases from now on, cause why not? ) of April is going down slowly, 

However, RFE's are moving way faster. But May has the weekly 70%, which is good for May filers, as most will finish eventually but awful for rest of us, for now.

59f07adb7e3d2_.jpg.35a173a408901edce86fabd01e07d76f.jpg

So when did the April started to pick up? Because It was really hard for me to believe it took this long for them.

And obviously this is way more fun than what I am supposed to be doing at work (Let's thank to the 16 hour time difference that I am awake and my fiance is not...) So I did this B-)

weekly.jpg.291bf9da2c24404194afea15efeec8a6.jpg

It's ok... I'm known to be crazy.. My future mother in law is as crazy so they accepted me extremely easily...

Sooo I also did this cause I wanted to see a possible peak point! (by then I was hoping I had a predictive analysis software on my PC... but they don't let me use my work PC <_<)

weekly2.jpg.10e6ac9fc54ea352abe29129880b7b0a.jpg

So Everyone let's gather around and whichever power you believe in start doing your thing!

Cause for your sake and ours and all the future K1s.. and probably your AOS to GC.

We need 700s and then some (at least a few) 1000s...

(Have I mentioned I used to work as a fortune teller in a Turkish Coffee shop when I was in high school? Yeah nah, we say don't believe in it so you won't get hurt; but listen to it so you will have hope)

Now the links (UPDATED)

I did check all the links, and the data. However, mistakes happen.

If you have any concern or can't find your number, or seen duplicates, please let me know!

May

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0aCNV0zY3I7VjUxUGJCZlJYVDA

June

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0aCNV0zY3I7Y0dUU2szSVV6UUU

July

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0aCNV0zY3I7SGphWmI4blc4ZFU

August

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0aCNV0zY3I7RFlBekpGYUExLWM

September

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0aCNV0zY3I7UkpONjltVzI0bGs

8 hours ago, Christy&J said:

Guys....what do you do to kill the time while waiting ...lol I know we just filed our I129F and some of us are still waiting for NOA1.

but I kinda curious how you guys try to coupe and planning to coupe with the waiting ?

myself...I am working fulltime and go to gym almost everyday and since September I am visiting James my Fiancé once a month :) next visit is for Thanksgiving

Im just busy working! Tryna to stay sane as work isnt great atm lol.. i wont see Jake again until i move over! We have no annual leave left to use up :(

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am an October/November filer and I'm so happy I found this page! I'm a little overwhelmed with all the paperwork but seems like its not an impossible feat! I am currently visiting my boyfriend in the states and we are working on filling the I-129F application out. 

I have one question, in the instruction page it says to write N/A in the boxes that do not apply to you, but if he checks NO in a box, do you then leave that area that were to be filled out if you check YES, blank or do you write N/A in those boxes? Also, do you only sign and date at the last page of the application??

Thank you!!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, hannahr said:

Hi everyone!

I am an October/November filer and I'm so happy I found this page! I'm a little overwhelmed with all the paperwork but seems like its not an impossible feat! I am currently visiting my boyfriend in the states and we are working on filling the I-129F application out. 

I have one question, in the instruction page it says to write N/A in the boxes that do not apply to you, but if he checks NO in a box, do you then leave that area that were to be filled out if you check YES, blank or do you write N/A in those boxes? Also, do you only sign and date at the last page of the application??

Thank you!!

I'd say it's cleaner to just leave it blank when it specifically tells you "if you answered yes, provide x in items x-x", which to me means you don't have to write anything if your answer was no. In other sections, like when they asked for other names used, we just put "none". That's the "rule" we followed. And yes, that's the only place (on that form) where you have to sign and put the date. Good luck!

Edited by Daniel P

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

I'd say it's cleaner to just leave it blank when it specifically tells you "if you answered yes, provide x in items x-x", which to me means you don't have to write anything if your answer was no. In other sections, like when they asked for other names used, we just put "none". That's the "rule" we followed. Good luck!

Yeah that's what i was thinking. It says that if a question does not apply to you (for example if you have never been married and the question asks "provide the name of your current spouse"), type or print "N/A', unless otherwise directed. And then like you said, if they were to ask a question that requires a numeric response you should type or print "none", unless otherwise directed. I just don't want to leave anything blank if he should've written N/A or None. So we'll just double, and triple check each question and box!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, hannahr said:

Yeah that's what i was thinking. It says that if a question does not apply to you (for example if you have never been married and the question asks "provide the name of your current spouse"), type or print "N/A', unless otherwise directed. And then like you said, if they were to ask a question that requires a numeric response you should type or print "none", unless otherwise directed. I just don't want to leave anything blank if he should've written N/A or None. So we'll just double, and triple check each question and box!

If you check it line by line you'll be fine. Just make sure you don't leave blank any important items like the related to criminal information, if your fiancé is related to you, if you ever filed for someone else, etc, easy to miss if you are not careful enough, and that could cost you a RFE.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

If you check it line by line you'll be fine. Just make sure you don't leave blank any important items like the related to criminal information, if your fiancé is related to you, if you ever filed for someone else, etc, easy to miss if you are not careful enough, and that could cost you a RFE.

Thanks!!:D

When you wrote the statement of intent to marry, did you write one together and signed it or did you each write one and signed it?

May sound like a silly question, but on the I-129F form, Part 6. Interpreter's contact information, certification and signature, those two pages (10,11) is not to be filled out unless we had someone else fill it out for us, correct? only the last page (p.12).  We are doing it ourselves with no attorney or interpreter.

Did you provide a cover letter showing what the package included?? :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
9 hours ago, Christy&J said:

Guys....what do you do to kill the time while waiting ...lol I know we just filed our I129F and some of us are still waiting for NOA1.

but I kinda curious how you guys try to coupe and planning to coupe with the waiting ?

myself...I am working fulltime and go to gym almost everyday and since September I am visiting James my Fiancé once a month :) next visit is for Thanksgiving

We try to visit eachother every 6 weeks, once a month is even better :)

Timeline
28 minutes ago, hannahr said:

Thanks!!:D

When you wrote the statement of intent to marry, did you write one together and signed it or did you each write one and signed it?

May sound like a silly question, but on the I-129F form, Part 6. Interpreter's contact information, certification and signature, those two pages (10,11) is not to be filled out unless we had someone else fill it out for us, correct? only the last page (p.12).  We are doing it ourselves with no attorney or interpreter.

Did you provide a cover letter showing what the package included?? :)

Each of you have to write and sign your own statement of intent to marry. The way you say... it might be ok, but I definitely wouldn't take the risk since the person reviewing your case could think there's one missing. We left pages 10 (from section 6), 11, 12 and 13 blank because we didn't need an interpreter nor a person to prepare the petition. Also we attached the additional information in separate sheets of paper, not in page 13.

We did use a cover letter, although it's not necessary. In my opinion it makes the package more organized and for the person reviewing the case "more difficult" to overlook something important.

1 minute ago, Chris J said:

Anybody receive their NOA-1? The Texas Center received my Petetion last Saturday morning, but have yet to get a notification of the NOA-1.. 

Are you sure it was Texas?  You may have sent the petition to the Dallas lockbox but I believe ALL K-1s are now processed through California.  I'm from Chicago and I sent mine to Dallas.  Dallas is the lockbox and they send it to California.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Are you sure it was Texas?  You may have sent the petition to the Dallas lockbox but I believe ALL K-1s are now processed through California.  I'm from Chicago and I sent mine to Dallas.  Dallas is the lockbox and they send it to California.

That's what I meant. It was sent to Dallas Lockbox via Rapid Visa. I know it's there, but since last Saturday no clue where it's at now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chris J said:

That's what I meant. It was sent to Dallas Lockbox via Rapid Visa. I know it's there, but since last Saturday no clue where it's at now.

Hello :)

I am very confused by what I just read. Can somebody please confirm https://rapidvisa.com/spousal-visa-cost/ if we just need to send a check with our petition to cover just the USCIS Filing Fee: $535 . I believe the rest are paid after approval, correct? 

Thanks and I am sorry this is off topic..

7 minutes ago, LLNCE NIKOLOVA said:

Hello :)

I am very confused by what I just read. Can somebody please confirm https://rapidvisa.com/spousal-visa-cost/ if we just need to send a check with our petition to cover just the USCIS Filing Fee: $535 . I believe the rest are paid after approval, correct? 

Thanks and I am sorry this is off topic..

Correct.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.