2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ralf2017 said:
ield Office Processing Dates for California Service Center as of: December 31, 2017
Form Title Classification or Basis for Filing: Processing Cases As Of Date:
I-102 Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document Initial issuance or replacement of a Form I-94 October 16, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker Blanket L November 1, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker E - Treaty traders and investors November 1, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Visa to be issued abroad October 10, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Change of status in the U.S. October 10, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S. October 10, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-2A - Temporary workers December 1, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-2B - Other temporary workers December 1, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker H-3 - Temporary trainees November 1, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker L - Intracompany transfers October 14, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker O - Extraordinary ability December 16, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker P - Athletes, artists, and entertainers December 16, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker Q - Cultural exchange visitors and exchange visitors participating in the Irish Peace process November 1, 2017
I-129 Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker R - Religious occupation August 1, 2017
I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) K-1/K-2 - Not yet married - fiance and/or dependent child August 1, 2017
I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) K-3/K-4 - Already married - spouse and/or dependent child August 1, 2017

@Ralf2017 very exciting 😁

On 2/12/2018 at 1:43 AM, Naes said:

Before taxes.

before taxes??? so i dont have to file and use receipt??

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Noemi & Ivan said:

before taxes??? so i dont have to file and use receipt??

You need to file and use the receipt. That's just about how much money you make.

I think AOS  will ask for 3 years tax returns by the way.

1 minute ago, Naes said:

You need to file and use the receipt. That's just about how much money you make.

I think AOS  will ask for 3 years tax returns by the way.

i wasnt working for 3 years though what is AOS?

Edited by Noemi & Ivan

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Noemi & Ivan said:

i wasnt working for 3 years though what is AOS?

Adjustment of status.

if you weren't working I think you can explain you didn't need to file taxes because you were unemployed. But to show your current situation you will needn't to she the recent returns

Just now, Naes said:

Adjustment of status.

if you weren't working I think you can explain you didn't need to file taxes because you were unemployed. But to show your current situation you will needn't to she the recent returns

oh ok ok yea that sounds better jaja

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey all. October 12 filer here. My fiance just alerted me that the wait time now for k1-f is 7-9 months from start to finish. Anyone have a clue if this delay affects us who already filed last year (October in my case)?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
29 minutes ago, AERNESTOC said:

Hey all. October 12 filer here. My fiance just alerted me that the wait time now for k1-f is 7-9 months from start to finish. Anyone have a clue if this delay affects us who already filed last year (October in my case)?

7 months to POE would be very very desirable to me honestly and I think the 7-9 months total is a good estimate for us October filers.

1 hour ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

7 months to POE would be very very desirable to me honestly and I think the 7-9 months total is a good estimate for us October filers.

I'm with you @ThomasNC1988. If October approvals happened in 7 months, that would be really nice. I am just hoping it doesn't creep back to the 8th, 9th month. This week we saw some headway in July and into August but it has not really put a noticeable dent in our estimated approval time (it moved one day closer and then one day farther away).

We have started discussing getting married with our families as soon as we can and having a party in the fall to celebrate. It would be so much easier for planning and my nerves. it would also give the best chance aka the most notice for international friends and family to participate. I think this is what many in our situation have been doing. Like others, we are anxious to begin our lives together and all the adjustments that come with it.

Hang in there everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Filip and Alix said:

I'm with you @ThomasNC1988. If October approvals happened in 7 months, that would be really nice. I am just hoping it doesn't creep back to the 8th, 9th month. This week we saw some headway in July and into August but it has not really put a noticeable dent in our estimated approval time (it moved one day closer and then one day farther away).

We have started discussing getting married with our families as soon as we can and having a party in the fall to celebrate. It would be so much easier for planning and my nerves. it would also give the best chance aka the most notice for international friends and family to participate. I think this is what many in our situation have been doing. Like others, we are anxious to begin our lives together and all the adjustments that come with it.

Hang in there everyone.

Well technically VJ is only as accurate as it's members make it so I wouldn't worry too much about the estimated date until it jumps by a week or so.

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

10 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

Well technically VJ is only as accurate as it's members make it so I wouldn't worry too much about the estimated date until it jumps by a week or so.

This!

My personal timeline went crazy between August and January of this year. It's going to move around. Don't you worry about that. Just keep up with what's happening with other months and you'll have a more informed idea of what's being processed. :)

1 hour ago, Jaquelly said:

This!

My personal timeline went crazy between August and January of this year. It's going to move around. Don't you worry about that. Just keep up with what's happening with other months and you'll have a more informed idea of what's being processed. :)

Thank you!! Ah this is so difficult for a type A to deal with- so many unknowns and guestimates. It's much easier for my easy going, wonderfully calm fiance.  I really appreciate any and all feedback and tips from all of you. It's invaluable to be part of this community where there are no dumb questions. 

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend !! 

I just want to vent on here for a minute because I know you all understand the pain. Most of you on this thread knows about my fiance getting stopped in Orlando and detained and they told him they were close to sending him back because apparently he was in the US last year more than 6 months out of the year. They told me 7 to be exact so shortly after it happened I pulled his i94 up just to see and he was actually here 158 days last year (not consecutively just total, never over staying 90 days at a time). That's actually less than 6 months considering 180 days is roughly 6. That officer claimed he put it on his record as a warning and not to come back until the K1 is in his hand but I don't understand how they could do this to him. His parents have already paid for tickets to come over the first 2 weeks in May and he was going to accompany them as well now he can't and I very highly doubt he will have his K1 by then unless by some miracle we get our NO2 this week or next (trust me I'm not banking on that by no means). He obviously isn't going to come because we don't want to jeopardize our future together. We get the bigger picture and don't plan on throwing it all away for the sake of  2 weeks. I'm just frustrated, angry, and hurt all rolled into one. I wouldn't be any of that IF what that officer said was true but it was all lies and I just don't understand why he was treated this way. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.