holidaygift

complex issues with IR11

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband and I have been married for 2 years. We are thinking about applying for IR1 for me. He is US citizen.

We have been residing in China for the last 5 years. He was holding the work visa until July 2006. After that he is holding business visa allow his stay but no requirment for residence card.

We would like to apply IR1 in Canton consulate in China. But the thing is: their website explicitly require USC work or study in China with RESIDENCE CARD can Direct apply in Canton consulate.

Is that mean we have to apply in the US? How can we do that since we don't reside there?

We have the lease contact with the landlord in Canton showing we are residing in Canton. Will the consulate consider this as the residence proof? They didn't say in their website which I assume NO.

How long will it take to receive IR1 visa if we apply in the US?

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.