Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Chris2870 said:

Another thing to consider is remittances to your F's family. It so much easier to leave some funds in the existing account and appoint someone in your wife's family to have access or pay bills on your behalf..let me explain;

My Faye and I have a house payment for our vacation/retirement home in San Pablo, Laguna. We also help Her parents with shortfalls in their budget as well as paying for her younger sister's education ( this is expected from the eldest child in the Philippines BTW ) and we will do so until Her brother completes his Law Studies this year, then He will also help out.

My point is; Having the account still open allows for emergencies and saving in country and I can fund it from here in the States. not too mention that when I do retire and we move back to the Phil..I'm not converting or transferring a lump sum of International currency. Instead I can fund our savings slowly over time.

I understand what you are saying I was planning on moving some of my money and save a lil bit on the existings accounts I already got in Mexico. 

4 minutes ago, CopperChem said:

You might also consider looking into some of the more international bank or online banking options that exist. There are some banks like Chase or others that have digital accounts that you could get the number ahead of time setup and transfer via a bank to bank draft transfer. I know Ally Bank is also a purely online only bank and may allow for the international options.

I know my fiance has moved some money that way, though she can't move a ton since Nepal strictly controls money in and out of the country.

I think this is the most close option for what I was thinking about doing, but not entirely sure how to!

Thanks so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MeliiGo said:

Im glad someone feels the same way I do!

I mean dont get me wrong I MADE THE CHOICE and I would make it over and over again, I will choose him a thousand times :wub:

Im giving up my job and car here but I mean I dont love my life right now (still the effort counts, right?). Even with that said, I have clothes, shoes, money, that I will eventally need to take with me.

Of course we would choose it again and again ❤ 

I left my job a month ago and I don't have anything on my name here so not a problem.

I'm from a hot country and gonna live a cold state lol not taking a lot of clothes (it's so cheap in the US that we really dont need that much), however, I don't like american shoes, so I'm taking all of mine :x

my concern is with all the sentimental stuff and gifts I want to take with me and I won't be able to, but it's fine. Will do it other time, all will be good as we're going to be with our loves ❤ it's not a sacrifice

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MeliiGo said:

I think this is the most close option for what I was thinking about doing, but not entirely sure how to!

Thanks so much!

Glad I can help. I would seriously look into Chase, Citibank, CapitalOne, HSBC, or Ally Bank to see which might be the best option given the international nature. I know CapitalOne has some options where they charge no foreign currency fees making it easier to travel back home etc.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

2 minutes ago, CopperChem said:

Glad I can help. I would seriously look into Chase, Citibank, CapitalOne, HSBC, or Ally Bank to see which might be the best option given the international nature. I know CapitalOne has some options where they charge no foreign currency fees making it easier to travel back home etc.

Which one is the one you guys chose?

I dont even know how to look for it on the Chase website, do they have a "common name" for this kind of accounts? All I can see is options for  opening accounts as a USA resident

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MeliiGo said:

Which one is the one you guys chose?

I dont even know how to look for it on the Chase website, do they have a "common name" for this kind of accounts? All I can see is options for  opening accounts as a USA resident

In terms of the Chase account she opened it herself when she was studying here in the US. HSBC is probably the best bet from an international standpoint, British bank with branches in Latin America, the US, Europe, Asia.

https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/personal-banking/intl-relocation-services/moving-to-us

Edited by CopperChem

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Something really unexpected happened today! I had checked the CEAC website everyday to see the status of our case and it was always showing "at nvc". Today my fiance received the packet 3 from my embassy and he forwarded it to me! I couldn't believe it since on the website it was still showing it's at nvc and I guess i just got used to things moving really slow haha :D so i asked him to call the NVC to confirm it and they said it had been sent to the embassy since 21th september so it's been a while. I still can't believe it as i was expecting it to happen by the end of the next month. I am still in shock haha :jest::wub:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, MeliiGo said:

Question for everyone!

Im just wondering here, how you guys are gonna deal with the "money" of the beneficiary.... 

Let me explain what I mean, I have a little savings account, is not much money but I cant not move with it in cash, so I want to know what should I do?

Opening a bank account at the USA at this point is almost impossible, since I dont even have the K1 yet....

So maybe you guys have more insight in this?

Every answer is gonna be appreciated

I have an important amount of savings and I'm transferring most of it using Transferwise, most likely. They are going to charge me with a 0.5% of the transferred amount, but they apply the real exchange rate, while I've asked my own bank how much it would be for the transference through them and they also charge me a 0.5%, but with some more fees due to the difference in currencies.

Apart from that, I'm keeping some money on my Spanish account, with access to it for my mom and sister, so they can make payments if I ever need to deal with anything here, plus so I can withdraw euros when visiting and still make online purchases for presents and stuff.

Also I'm taking some money on cash, so I can pay for things until I'm able to open an account there, which probably will be soon enough, just would need to get my SSN. We want for my savings to be on an individual account, so they can be our safety net and we called Gary's bank about it a couple of days ago. They are already adding me to the checking account so that's a joint one to share expenses, but apparently they won't allow me to have an individual savings account until I get my Green Card :o Not sure if it's a USAA thing or they didn't understand our situation, so I'm going to call them about that once I'm there and have my SSN, and see if it's an option then or after marriage... and if they still say no, then I need to open my own bank accounts somewhere else, because I want my savings with me now, not in a year.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Noemi27 said:

My rfe Asked me for proof that we have meet in person i only have in boarding tivket does anyone know if that enough ?

Passport stamps as well as pics together is the norm; along with your boarding passes

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
21 minutes ago, ColdSummer said:

Something really unexpected happened today! I had checked the CEAC website everyday to see the status of our case and it was always showing "at nvc". Today my fiance received the packet 3 from my embassy and he forwarded it to me! I couldn't believe it since on the website it was still showing it's at nvc and I guess i just got used to things moving really slow haha :D so i asked him to call the NVC to confirm it and they said it had been sent to the embassy since 21th september so it's been a while. I still can't believe it as i was expecting it to happen by the end of the next month. I am still in shock haha :jest::wub:

Congratulations! And be ready to dance, because your Embassy is one of the fastest ones I've seen :D

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
18 minutes ago, ColdSummer said:

Congratulations!!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

NOA2 was approved 7th September, 21st I got our case number from NVC and the 27th are case was changed to in transit and ready in the same day. Haven’t received the letter yet but apparently some people never do. 

Even though I just received my NOA2 on September 19th, I admit that I have been calling the NVC everyday to check for a case #. I really want to know the case # ASAP so that we can get appointments scheduled!!! I think I've even talked to the same customer service representative 2x already. :/ 

Hey everyone, March filler's here. 

Hope you won't mind me joining your thread as I guess soon I'll be the only one among Marchies waiting for NVC to release our case.

Our case stuck at NVC since August 25th and not moving anywhere. 

We are calling and trying to find out smth but the only thing they are constantly saying is that everything looks ok and we just need to wait until regular AP will be finished. 

As far as I know someone of you had the same situations or maybe still waiting to be released so anything you can advise would be much appreciated. 

Its getting really tough after expecting NOA2 during 5 months. 

Thank you in advance! 

Wish everyone speed moving in the process and approvals approvals approvals! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kateryna_I said:

Hey everyone, March filler's here. 

Hope you won't mind me joining your thread as I guess soon I'll be the only one among Marchies waiting for NVC to release our case.

Our case stuck at NVC since August 25th and not moving anywhere. 

We are calling and trying to find out smth but the only thing they are constantly saying is that everything looks ok and we just need to wait until regular AP will be finished. 

As far as I know someone of you had the same situations or maybe still waiting to be released so anything you can advise would be much appreciated. 

Its getting really tough after expecting NOA2 during 5 months. 

Thank you in advance! 

Wish everyone speed moving in the process and approvals approvals approvals! :) 

When I've called they tell me that it can take up to 6 weeks, so I'm sure they are probably giving you the same story. :/ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.