Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's the 5th tomorrow and it's gonna be a month away from my noa2. Keep calling the nvc and they still haven't got my case number. Imagine waiting more than 5 months for my noa2 and then another for the nvc case number. Wow. Just wow. Hahahaahahaha 

Not to mention I've been seeng timelines further away from mine getting their case numbers. I mean, I don't even know what to think right now LOL for me

Edited by Sally08

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
54 minutes ago, kat.cap13 said:

Hope my journey is just as smooth :D 

You are Canadian, I imagine one of the questions they ask is, Are you sure you want to move to the US?

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

5 minutes ago, CopperChem said:

You are Canadian, I imagine one of the questions they ask is, Are you sure you want to move to the US?

I know but thats very hard question for a proud Canadian!! 

So I am sorry to vent... but I am so done right now...I don't know what to do..

Basically I've been so nervous about my medical for ages now because I know my GP is a nightmare to deal with. I got my medical report..not a summary but the whole report with every consultation note. How they mark the first pages which is the summary is that they grade it under Problems.. then sort the consultations or "problems" under 3 categories, Active, Significant past and Minor Past..now... basically I went in there a month ago to make sure I get a letter stating that i am not depressed.. I was seen in the UK for depression 4 years ago and that was it.. one consultation, no medications, no follow up since.. I was just having a period where I was down due to an event in my life. But obviously I just want to make sure that once I'm at my medical for the visa that I have everything covered as it will be marked as depression on my summary. So i went in there talked to the doctor, she agreed that I'm fine, no harm to myself or other etc etc.. then I get my medical report and guess what it says under "ACTIVE" as per the 19th Sep 2017... anxiety with depression... so i immediately call them and ask umm..what is going on, why the hell is this on here under active? And all I am told is if that's what the doctor have put down then it cannot be amended. I explained to them the significance of their error and how it will most likely cause a delay in my visa process, how it might even cost a huge amount of money to rectify or worst case cause a denial... and they are just not getting back to me. I've called, emailed.. I just don't know what to do anymore but the amount of stress this is causing me right now is unbelievable. I'm so angry right now and I have no clue what to do to fix this or even how to approach this.. the worst thing is.. I am completely fine and healthy.. I should not worry about this medical at all because there is nothing wrong with me, but on my medical summary it says that there is due to an error..

Again, I'm sorry to vent about this but I'm just close to giving up right now... :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

@_Mia_ Are you sure that this diagnosis would have any impact on your process?  Quite a few of us suffer from what was listed in your medical; I would think that they would be mainly concerned with contagious diseases, etc.  I really wish the best for you... please don't give up... you're too close.  :) 

2 minutes ago, mcs said:

@_Mia_ Are you sure that this diagnosis would have any impact on your process?  Quite a few of us suffer from what was listed in your medical; I would think that they would be mainly concerned with contagious diseases, etc.  I really wish the best for you... please don't give up... you're too close.  :) 

I'm not sure at all. Mainly because I don't know what they  check at your medical here or the criteria to pass it is.. i mean.. I know they do chest x-ray and test your blood for contagious diseases etc, but I've also heard so many horror stories about mental health issues and the visa process. If I was currently suffering from depression then fair enough.. but I think its the fact that I don't and now somehow have to explain this at my medical.. I just don't know.. I've read that Knightsbride (which is where we do our medical in the UK) sometimes makes the applicants see a psychiatrist but the fee for this is something crazy like £800 on top of the standard medical fee of £300...again it might be that I'm building this whole thing way out of proportions but  I am seriously concerned about the impact of this error.. :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

Basically I've been so nervous about my medical for ages now because I know my GP is a nightmare to deal with. I got my medical report..not a summary but the whole report with every consultation note. How they mark the first pages which is the summary is that they grade it under Problems.. then sort the consultations or "problems" under 3 categories, Active, Significant past and Minor Past..now... basically I went in there a month ago to make sure I get a letter stating that i am not depressed.. I was seen in the UK for depression 4 years ago and that was it.. one consultation, no medications, no follow up since.. I was just having a period where I was down due to an event in my life. But obviously I just want to make sure that once I'm at my medical for the visa that I have everything covered as it will be marked as depression on my summary. So i went in there talked to the doctor, she agreed that I'm fine, no harm to myself or other etc etc.. then I get my medical report and guess what it says under "ACTIVE" as per the 19th Sep 2017... anxiety with depression... so i immediately call them and ask umm..what is going on, why the hell is this on here under active? And all I am told is if that's what the doctor have put down then it cannot be amended. I explained to them the significance of their error and how it will most likely cause a delay in my visa process, how it might even cost a huge amount of money to rectify or worst case cause a denial... and they are just not getting back to me. I've called, emailed.. I just don't know what to do anymore but the amount of stress this is causing me right now is unbelievable. I'm so angry right now and I have no clue what to do to fix this or even how to approach this.. the worst thing is.. I am completely fine and healthy.. I should not worry about this medical at all because there is nothing wrong with me, but on my medical summary it says that there is due to an error..

Again, I'm sorry to vent about this but I'm just close to giving up right now... :( 

Go back and ask for a pro-forma letter outlining that this was x number of years ago, no medication or medical intervention was given other than the one appointment in which diagnosis was made and the magic words ‘is not nor ever has been a danger to herself or others’. Knightsbridge seem to be very understanding so just dot the i’s and cross the t’s same as you have done with your I-129f petition and I’m sure it will all be fine :) 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
17 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

Why would you give up now? Go to the medical and see what happens. Those doctors can be pretty human and understanding, so explain all that to them. 

Also you mentioned talking to your doctor and she agreeing on the basics, such as you not being any harm for you of others. Did you get a letter or email stating that? That would be probably the way to go. Recently @Missabc had to deal with that very same issue regarding the medical, and that was the thing to do. I think she ended up having her doctor sending an email to Knightsbridge to sort out the issue, but maybe you can get that key document beforehand.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

2 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Why would you give up now? Go to the medical and see what happens. Those doctors can be pretty human and understanding, so explain all that to them. 

Also you mentioned talking to your doctor and she agreeing on the basics, such as you not being any harm for you of others. Did you get a letter or email stating that? That would be probably the way to go. Recently @Missabc had to deal with that very same issue regarding the medical, and that was the thing to do. I think she ended up having her doctor sending an email to Knightsbridge to sort out the issue, but maybe you can get that key document beforehand.

I think the major problem is my doctor is unwilling to do anything.. I only have the consultation notes that as incorrect, hence why I asked for them to be amended and that I am given a letter stating that I'm fine.. But I'm not getting anywhere with them... I won't give up but I'm just getting very very tired and frustrated..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

I think the major problem is my doctor is unwilling to do anything.. I only have the consultation notes that as incorrect, hence why I asked for them to be amended and that I am given a letter stating that I'm fine.. But I'm not getting anywhere with them... I won't give up but I'm just getting very very tired and frustrated..

Yes, that sounds like a problem and frustrating. I don't understand why your doctor would deny you a letter if she agrees with you being fine. Can you make a complain or switch doctors? It's why I would do here, since we have that right... But it's true I don't know how long that can take.

I guess you should try to insist on asking for that letter, as @Salty2305 specified. Sorry you are going through that, as if the process wasn't stressful enough :(

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

2 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

So me and my little one are waiting for our coach home after a very long night and day. Thankfully once we dealt with the snotty receptionists at Knightsbridge, the doctors and nurses were amazing! So friendly and calming, really made the effort to make you feel comfortable. Weirdly the guy who did my chest x-rays had just come back from a holiday in the town I live yesterday. It’s a small word here. 

Anyway long story short, medical is done and as long as bloods and sample are good, good to go  B-)

Great Job @Salty2305. Glad it all went well and from the sounds of it the doctors are much more understanding.

Just out of interest as i'll hopefully be booking an appointment once my NVC bits come through, did you ever receive a Packet 3 email or letter from London and were you required to present this at your appointment with Knightbridge today.

Another step closer, great stuff! Enjoy the trip home!

3 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Yes, that sounds like a problem and frustrating. I don't understand why your doctor would deny you a letter if she agrees with you being fine. Can you make a complain or switch doctors? It's why I would do here, since we have that right... But it's true I don't know how long that can take.

I guess you should try to insist on asking for that letter, as @Salty2305 specified. Sorry you are going through that, as if the process wasn't stressful enough :(

I honestly don't know what to do.. it like they are forcing something on me that is currently not existing.. had i not gone in there on the 19th September it would not have showed under active and i probably would have gotten my letter.. I guess worst case I just bring the full  history that I have, refer to the consultation notes where it currently states that I'm fine and hope that they'll accept this and put tow and two together..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.