Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Agreed!

Ahhhhh  just when our witty repertoire got started you toss in the towel :D    

Actually it was fair for me......  All joking aside, I think our NOA2 was in perfect timing, regardless of what order it came -as now I see some events that I wouldn't want Ann here for...... Hurricanes Irma, then Maria sliding by, and a missions aid trip to the keys without any modern conveniences.  So I can see where there is a greater plan (Rom. 8:28), and it works out for the best no matter how much I threw a fit wanting it sooner :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chris2870 said:

I've been curious about ASAP tickets..are they good then? I usually buy direct from United

I had an experience with ASAP tickets last night so I thought I'd share it with you.  I'm planning a trip to Bangkok and need to fly Premium Economy; I usually fly Cathay Pacific because they can get me there from Boston in one day before noon.  The best price that ASAP could get me with their special Cathay Pacific "unadvertised rates" was maybe $25 cheaper than buying directly on the Cathay Pacific site.  So... I would say that, if you don't care about Premium Economy and/or what airline you fly on, ASAP might be worth a shot but in my case it was a no go... hope that's helpful.  

Timeline
21 hours ago, Talako said:

Interview completed on the 28th.  Everything went fine but issued a 221(g) for something stupid.  We were so close to the finish line.  Bummer

Her name was messed up on her original birth certificate, and it was corrected when she was a baby.  They want the incorrect name included as an A.K.A. on her NBI clearance.  (We all know that one-month old babies can be societal problems with stolen cars, drug dealing, and causing general mayhem.)   All we need to do is get a NBI clearance for her misspelled name on her birth certificate and send it in to them. 

They kept her passport, so this should be just a bump in the road.

Thanks for sharing this info. My GF will need to go BACK to NBI then as her name is messed up on her original BC.

I believe I read that sometimes US Embassy in Manila with do their own NBI check as well have you heard of that?

Glad you are at the finishing line there.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chris2870 said:

I've been curious about ASAP tickets..are they good then? I usually buy direct from United

I was wondering about them, and actually decided to not use them, then one person recommended them to me and I saw on a few blogs that they were ok.  They have restrictions about changes, and they can have some long layovers if you don't watch them, but all in all, I just tell them that something is not acceptable and they change it.  If I get my price, then I book with them :) 

The one I was cautioned about - Cheap O Air - 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

@amishbaby No worries about sharing your story; sorry about your father... I had an experience with my ex's father who was much the same way as yours although his abuse was emotional and verbal.  It was better for her (my ex) to keep her distance from him as it was never easy or predictable how any interaction would go... he was bipolar but refused to take meds.  I can't advise you on this since you need to make your own choice but I do think that the most important thing is that you take care of yourself first.  Do what is best for you.  Know that so many here care about you, your happiness, and your well-being... 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Talako said:

Not only was it misspelled, her middle name ended up as her last name.  It was written out and given, but, when the BC was issued, it was a mangled mess.

I did not attend.  Given the cost and my available vacation time, she chose that I come and get her when it is time for her to travel here.  For her, the interview was fairly easy.  They asked her the same few basic questions that others have reported.  Names, birth dates, how did you meet, etc.  It was about 5 minutes with CO.  More questions were asked in the pre-screen by the Filipino staff.  Nothing difficult, and they were nice to her.  She felt it was more conversational rather than an interrogation.  The hostile and dreaded fingerprint guy detailed in other process reports was all smiles and jokes.  R is short, and she had to stand on her tippy toes to see if see was putting her fingers on the machine correctly.  apparently he thought that was funny as heck. 

She was not asked for the I-134, Letters of Intent, proof of ongoing relationship, and a few other things that I have forgotten.  The CO asked if she had any pictures.  She did not really look at them, but asked how tall I am.  R is 4'11" and I'm 6'3".  So, as you can imagine, there were smiles and laughs about that.  

No I-134 at interview has been the standard procedure for Manila. I'd be interested if anyone here going through Manila  from April filers was asked for it. 

I know still better safe than sorry to have it. Oh and all the RFE's for updated letter of intents which they never asked for. We are like circus animals jumping through hoops for their amusement ha!

R, is short at 4'11"?  hehe..Ling is only 4'9" but insists she is 4'10" lol

I'll tell her to where heals or bring a stool for fingerprints.

Sounds like R breezed through. 

Congrats again

Timeline
15 hours ago, lon552 said:

Finally got my case number from NVC today! I almost got too busy too call today working on my kitchen. Apparently they have transferred our case from Macedonia to the new embassy in Pristina, Kosovo. All kinds of great news! She’s likely going to be the first K1 visa processed there. We are elated. So much easier than having to travel to Macedonia. 

congrats!!:jest:

I have the same NOA2 approval date like you. i keep calling last week everyday except Friday but nothing.  i will call them on Monday and see what they say. Thank you for the update.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnJ Co said:

I was wondering about them, and actually decided to not use them, then one person recommended them to me and I saw on a few blogs that they were ok.  They have restrictions about changes, and they can have some long layovers if you don't watch them, but all in all, I just tell them that something is not acceptable and they change it.  If I get my price, then I book with them :) 

The one I was cautioned about - Cheap O Air - 

Skyscanner.com can really show you what is out there to.

Timeline

Not sure what to make of this but it just came through on my android App.

Date is October as it is already the 1st of Oct in the Philippines but Saturday the 30th now at CSC.

approval.png

Edited by LabOz

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=263257

Looks like another VJ April filer Lurker approved yesterday.

Congrats to them.:dancing:

Come out and say hi! @jk1478

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Aprilites who have already done their medical - I'm confused on the vaccinations required. Are they the below?

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella  (which I understand I will get a waiver for, as it's not available in NL - I have had chicken pox as a kid though)
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza  (which I will need, because I'll be doing my medical probably November/December)

USCIS website does not seem to list all of these. This list pulled from here:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html#whatvaccines

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Timeline
4 hours ago, krizia said:

My interview at US Embassy in Manila would be on oct 5th at 6 AM! Wish me luck 🌼

Good Luck!!!!

Ha!  Ann and I will be a block away!  Maybe we'll come over and congratulate you when you exit the embassy :D 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
4 hours ago, krizia said:

My interview at US Embassy in Manila would be on oct 5th at 6 AM! Wish me luck 🌼

Good luck! You'll nail it :)

@AnJ Co Sorry, I'm not one from confrontation :P

The problem online is you never know when you are going to offend anyone because the tone is missing while typing, so I don't risk it ;)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Aprilites who have already done their medical - I'm confused on the vaccinations required. Are they the below?

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella  (which I understand I will get a waiver for, as it's not available in NL - I have had chicken pox as a kid though)
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza  (which I will need, because I'll be doing my medical probably November/December)

USCIS website does not seem to list all of these. This list pulled from here:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html#whatvaccines

The clinic here included a chart with the vaccines required depending on age. Not 100% sure it's exactly the same in every country (it should), but here's the link to where you can find the PDF (there's an English version), in case it might be useful.

https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.unidadmedica.com/en/visa-information/amp/

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.