Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

my packet got to the embassy on Oct5 and my cosponsor just bailed on me, i dont even know who to ask now!!!! why is this happening to me? anyone out there willing to help :(

Edited by Kay18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Haven't seen @LabOz around for a while.  Shout out for a successful interview next week.  :D 

Hi @AnJ Co had a death in the family so I barely have a chance to read all the May thread.

Congrats on the POE  to your gal as well.

Hope you have the rice cooker fired up. LOL

Yes we had a 11/22 interview but an earlier spot came open so we took it.

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just wondering is this normal lol, I got approved at my interview on Monday, I just checked online and it says administrative processing? 

14 minutes ago, rachied26 said:

Just wondering is this normal lol, I got approved at my interview on Monday, I just checked online and it says administrative processing? 

Totally normal. It will change from AP to issues when they send out the visa. It took about 3/4 days for me x

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

10 hours ago, _Mia_ said:

So had my medical today and they didn't approve my doctors letter,so I have to go back to my GP to get them to write another letter... which as mentioned last tweet me was a lengthy process in it self. I'm really upset and tired of the process right now and really not happy with having to address a really insignificant appointment that I had with my GP over 4 years ago... but just need to keep try  to stay positive that this horrible process is over soon.. I have my interview next week and I just hope I'm able to get everything ready and sent through in time.

Sorry to hear this but please don't panic. As @Salty2305 can confirm, even if they don't have your medical results at the interview, once they do receive them they turn it around very quickly! Just stay positive. Have you booked an appointment directly with a doctor rather than going through a receptionist? I know this probably doesn't help but I'll be thinking of you x 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, _Mia_ said:

So had my medical today and they didn't approve my doctors letter,so I have to go back to my GP to get them to write another letter... which as mentioned last tweet me was a lengthy process in it self. I'm really upset and tired of the process right now and really not happy with having to address a really insignificant appointment that I had with my GP over 4 years ago... but just need to keep try  to stay positive that this horrible process is over soon.. I have my interview next week and I just hope I'm able to get everything ready and sent through in time.

Hi Mia, I"m so sorry to hear this :(  I really hope you get it sorted, try and go to your gp to speak to them because I feel there more helpful in person then on the phone. Thinking of you hun xx 

38 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Sorry to hear this but please don't panic. As @Salty2305 can confirm, even if they don't have your medical results at the interview, once they do receive them they turn it around very quickly! Just stay positive. Have you booked an appointment directly with a doctor rather than going through a receptionist? I know this probably doesn't help but I'll be thinking of you x 

15 minutes ago, rachied26 said:

Hi Mia, I"m so sorry to hear this :(  I really hope you get it sorted, try and go to your gp to speak to them because I feel there more helpful in person then on the phone. Thinking of you hun xx 

Thank you both for your kind words. I was pretty upset and angry yesterday, today I will just try to get on with it. It's just upsetting because my GP surgery is very slow and unhelpful. It took me nearly one month to get my initial letter and I thought they had written everything that Knightsbridge needed to know. Unfortunately since its a very big doctors surgery I cannot talk to the GP directly about this and everything goes through a coordinator. I sent her an email last night expressing the urgency in the matter and said in the email I will call her around lunchtime today..so I am really hoping that I will get this sorted. I will still go for my interview next week but I had really hoped that I would have gotten my approval on the day so that I could hand in my notice at work. I will wait until I actually have the VOH until I do this now.. but I'm hopeful that my POE will still be around Christmas time.

xx

35 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

Thank you both for your kind words. I was pretty upset and angry yesterday, today I will just try to get on with it. It's just upsetting because my GP surgery is very slow and unhelpful. It took me nearly one month to get my initial letter and I thought they had written everything that Knightsbridge needed to know. Unfortunately since its a very big doctors surgery I cannot talk to the GP directly about this and everything goes through a coordinator. I sent her an email last night expressing the urgency in the matter and said in the email I will call her around lunchtime today..so I am really hoping that I will get this sorted. I will still go for my interview next week but I had really hoped that I would have gotten my approval on the day so that I could hand in my notice at work. I will wait until I actually have the VOH until I do this now.. but I'm hopeful that my POE will still be around Christmas time.

xx

What kind of letter did you have to get? I'm sorry for asking, it's just that I read I'd have to get one to explain my depression and suicidal issues from 2004. I'm wondering now if the letter I have is going to be enough :(

3 minutes ago, emylady said:

What kind of letter did you have to get? I'm sorry for asking, it's just that I read I'd have to get one to explain my depression and suicidal issues from 2004. I'm wondering now if the letter I have is going to be enough :(

Hi :) Don't get worried! I'll DM you xx

1 hour ago, Keith & Monica said:

You know, I have been on this thread for awhile now.  I am just humbled and I marvel at how helpful everyone here is to the people that they do not know from anything.  We all have 1 thing in common, we are trying to either get the one we love to us or get to the one we love.  I find it completely amazing how much love, understanding and help we can provide to complete strangers in a time of need.  

I personally want to thank everyone on this site that has helped myself or anyone else.  You are all wonderful people.  I hope everyone gets what they want out of this.  Congratulations to everyone.

Those are really sweet words and I completely agree, I don't know what I would have done without this site and forum. It's such a stressful and difficult journey and all I want is to be able to be with the person I love, it's amazing to have people around that knows what you're going through and can offer advice. xx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i found a cosponsor which is my aunt she is retired and getting SSDI what documents are needed at the embassy from a cosponsor if they recieve SSDI and is it even allowed to have a cosponsor that is on SSDI? she also has accounted assetts because she owns her house.

20 hours ago, _Mia_ said:

Why didn't you just use the medical facility that is affiliated with the embassy?  I have heard that they have a tendency to be much stricter if you try to use your own doctor for the exam.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Kay18 said:

i found a cosponsor which is my aunt she is retired and getting SSDI what documents are needed at the embassy from a cosponsor if they recieve SSDI and is it even allowed to have a cosponsor that is on SSDI? she also has accounted assetts because she owns her house.

As long as she meets the income requirement you are good to go.  Three years of tax returns and bank statements will be a great start.  Congratulations.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.