Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Keith & Monica said:

A very happy Sunday morning to all.  Good luck to all that are having their Medical or Interview soon.  Congratulations to those that have had their Interview or gotten your Visa.  Looking forward to everyone’s POE.

Is today your big day? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
49 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Wondering if anyone can help me who had their interview recently in London. 

Can you take your phone into the embassy with you? I heard a while back they won't allow electronics inside but not heard it mentioned recently.

if not, what did you do with your phone? 

Thanks! 

@Salty2305 you're the only person I could think of as being really recent. 

Yeah you can take your phone with you, I just turned mine off and put it in my handbag. You aren’t allowed laptops or tablets though. 

Gould’s pharmacy is literally 20 steps away from the embassy and you can store your bag for £3 for the day if you’re worried about anything :)

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi,

I have a question regarding the affidavit of support I-134, and hopefully someone can give me some advice.. :)

My fiancé was studying last year (and working extra) and according to the tax return 2016, it doesn't reach the 2017 HHS poverty guidelines.

This year (from january), he is working full time and making more than the HHS poverty guidelines.

Is it enough to show what his salary is every month this year with recent paystubs, employment letter etc?

Or do you recommend co sponsorship in this case?

So thankful for any help. Have a great day!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, S*UK said:

Wondering if anyone can help me who had their interview recently in London. 

Can you take your phone into the embassy with you? I heard a while back they won't allow electronics inside but not heard it mentioned recently.

if not, what did you do with your phone? 

Thanks! 

@Salty2305 you're the only person I could think of as being really recent. 

Hi ! You should not take any electronic items with you ,

You can not take headphones, you can not take flash cards, no batteries, nothing.

i can tell you about U.S. embassy in Moscow, i guess, others the same : with your confirmation page you will get an instructions what you can take with you for an interview , etc...

the phone : when you will get inside, there must be storage space, actually looks like the reception desk in the hotel,they will keep your phone there) 

good luck , friends !!!

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

Hi ! You should not take any electronic items with you ,

You can not take headphones, you can not take flash cards, no batteries, nothing.

i can tell you about U.S. embassy in Moscow, i guess, others the same : with your confirmation page you will get an instructions what you can take with you for an interview , etc...

the phone : when you will get inside, there must be storage space, actually looks like the reception desk in the hotel,they will keep your phone there) 

good luck , friends !!!

The London embassy doesn’t have a storage space that I’m aware, it would make life a lot easier for us all if all the embassies were the same! 

Great point about the headphones though! You can’t take those into the London embassy. :) 

K1 & K2 Visa 

1 hour ago, Salty2305 said:

Yeah you can take your phone with you, I just turned mine off and put it in my handbag. You aren’t allowed laptops or tablets though. 

Gould’s pharmacy is literally 20 steps away from the embassy and you can store your bag for £3 for the day if you’re worried about anything :)

Ok so if I just take my phone but turn it off that should be ok? I might have to store my bag anyway because I will have to take a power bank and charger with me and I doubt very much they'll let me in with that lol. Its really annoying that they dont just do a more thorough scan. They are aware people have to travel from all over the country.

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Timeline
41 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Ok so if I just take my phone but turn it off that should be ok? I might have to store my bag anyway because I will have to take a power bank and charger with me and I doubt very much they'll let me in with that lol. Its really annoying that they dont just do a more thorough scan. They are aware people have to travel from all over the country.

Honestly if you're worried, I would just store your bag at Gould's pharmacy and take your paperwork with you :)

I had an overnight bag for me and my son so I stored that there and then just took my handbag with my phone, paperwork, wallet and glasses in it to the embassy. Just make sure you turn off your phone before you go in. Like I said Gould's Pharmacy is only £3 to store until 6pm so that's an option for anything else.

Edited by Salty2305

K1 & K2 Visa 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, April :)

We are into the "dead zone," past the time where we see a lot of people approved (NOA2) with NOA1 on or after ours.  We are April 24th, but lots in May are already approved.  We also have no RFE or any other activity... just that feeling that our case is being ignored.  I'm sure many here know the situation and all the feelings it brings up.

This site doesn't give much demographic info, and I'm just trying to understand the pattern of some applicants processed in "Normal" times, while some go far longer without explanation.  

Like most here, I'm sure, neither person has any criminal past or anything on record that would raise eyebrows.

If you have waited a long time - or if you were approved as expected, here are some points I think might have an effect, so curious to get everyone's input:

1. does the non-US person have kids?  maybe children slow it down? (Janice has 2 young children)

2. Was the DS-160 filed prior to approval, or after?  maybe USCIS likes to see DS-160 for faster approvals??

3. I big age difference?  For us, we are about 15 years apart.

4. the US citizen have a lot of travel to the other's country/area of the world? (For work and for holiday, I've been to the Philippines a lot over the last 10 years)

I'm just trying to make sense out of the delay.  When I call the support number, they won't say anything at all - they just refer to the processing date posted online .. that are always about 2 months out of date!

Timeline
1 hour ago, S*UK said:

i can say about U.S. consulate in Russia, website says :

ON THE DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW: You will NOT be permitted to enter the U.S. Embassy/Consulate with (a) USB flash drives, cables, wires, headphones, tablets (such as iPads), e-readers, or any electronic device (with the exception of a mobile phone smaller than 3 cm X 13 cm X 6 cm); (b) anything that can be used as a weapon; (c) flammable items (including perfume and other sprays); or (d) any large bag or luggage. Prohibited items will not be stored by Embassy/Consulate personnel. See the section on Security Regulations for additional guidance

1. Go through the Consular Section entrance to the Embassy (on Novinsky Boulevard). 2. Provide your IV Delivery Confirmation letter to the representative in the waiting room. You will then be directed to the Immigrant Visa waiting room, where you should HAND THE INTERVIEW LETTER FROM NVC or KCC to the consular assistant at window #22 or #23. 3. After you have checked in with the consular assistant, please take a seat in the Immigrant Visa waiting area. When your turn comes, the information screen will show you a window where you should go.

 Children immigrating with you must also be present at the interview

 We encourage petitioners who have filed for spouses or fiancé(e)s to appear at the interview. Aside from petitioners, however, no one may accompany adult applicants into the Embassy's visa waiting room.

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Timeline
19 hours ago, Janice_n_Joe said:

Hi Sally08, thank you for the encouragement. We did try calling them and they are just rude for some reasons.  All we need is to know what's going on. We still really hope it will be soon, though all the "soon" has been hoped for. Tsk...:(:(

I feel very sorry about that. Apparently, some people end up with some of the "meaner" customer service rep. I know how you feel but I know you're waiting longer than I did. I think it's best to get someone like your senator to get involved. Some people seem to get help from that. Good luck. Cheering for ya!

Timeline
On 10/14/2017 at 3:35 PM, oatlidorison said:

@Sally08 EDIT: I guess there’s no more limit to how many times you can reschedule.

https://www.***removed***/us-visa/appointment-faq.html

Wow. Alright. Thank you so much! I was about to reply to your first comment. Good to see this one lol I'll try to do that :) good luck to your journey as well!

Timeline
On 10/14/2017 at 6:55 AM, April and Stan said:

I think the november schedule wont change. Because thats the only schedule that they are showing when i tried to book yesterday. Also there are holidays coming in november thats why the first , second third weeks are unavailable. If i am not mistaken its the asean meeting and the government is closed for one week (nov 13-17)  and the nov 1 is also a holiday. Maybe thats the reason why the second week of november are booked everybody tried to get that date. 

I hope your documents will arrive soon. 

Best of luck

april

Edited by Sally08

Timeline
On 10/14/2017 at 6:55 AM, April and Stan said:

I think the november schedule wont change. Because thats the only schedule that they are showing when i tried to book yesterday. Also there are holidays coming in november thats why the first , second third weeks are unavailable. If i am not mistaken its the asean meeting and the government is closed for one week (nov 13-17)  and the nov 1 is also a holiday. Maybe thats the reason why the second week of november are booked everybody tried to get that date. 

I hope your documents will arrive soon. 

Best of luck

april

Maybe that's why the slots were grabbed fast. Anyway, thank you so much. I'll try my best to get the earliest possible. Good luck to us!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Janice_n_Joe said:

Hi, April :)

We are into the "dead zone," past the time where we see a lot of people approved (NOA2) with NOA1 on or after ours.  We are April 24th, but lots in May are already approved.  We also have no RFE or any other activity... just that feeling that our case is being ignored.  I'm sure many here know the situation and all the feelings it brings up.

This site doesn't give much demographic info, and I'm just trying to understand the pattern of some applicants processed in "Normal" times, while some go far longer without explanation.  

Like most here, I'm sure, neither person has any criminal past or anything on record that would raise eyebrows.

If you have waited a long time - or if you were approved as expected, here are some points I think might have an effect, so curious to get everyone's input:

1. does the non-US person have kids?  maybe children slow it down? (Janice has 2 young children)

2. Was the DS-160 filed prior to approval, or after?  maybe USCIS likes to see DS-160 for faster approvals??

3. I big age difference?  For us, we are about 15 years apart.

4. the US citizen have a lot of travel to the other's country/area of the world? (For work and for holiday, I've been to the Philippines a lot over the last 10 years)

I'm just trying to make sense out of the delay.  When I call the support number, they won't say anything at all - they just refer to the processing date posted online .. that are always about 2 months out of date!

most likely,  children do not slow down the process, only  income must be sufficient

DS-160 provides only for the embassy, before the interview.

15 years is not a big difference, a very common difference between spouses.

i guess , the waiting is longer now -  may be there are  more requests for security services, checks ?

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.