Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone I'm sorry to be a pain and keep asking lots of questions but I'm finding this whole process so confusing!! 

So on CEAC NVC case tracker it changed to ready today, can I book an interview now or do I have to wait for the letter to come through from them? 

4 hours ago, spike198 said:

Yup, we did that! Sounds like we just need to pay medical then. And that weird letter that we need to provide that states he is not married. It's a Jamaica thing, but it's $150usd to get it expedited. Otherwise it takes 6 weeks! Sure wish we knew about it before Monday! Oh well :) 

Yeah JA Embassy does require the certificate of non-impediment which is that weird letter unfortunately. 

Don't forget to give him updated letters of intent signed by each of you with the date changed which the date should be closer to the interview date.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

5 hours ago, spike198 said:

Dumb question... are there any more fees he has to pay at the interview or is that the full amount (the amount we paid when we scheduled the appointment)? 

Make sure he registered with DHL and I believe you pay a processing fee for delivery. You should be able to do it now but if it's not done before the interview they will make him go to the location nearby the embassy to pay it and then go back in.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
29 minutes ago, rachied26 said:

Hello everyone I'm sorry to be a pain and keep asking lots of questions but I'm finding this whole process so confusing!! 

So on CEAC NVC case tracker it changed to ready today, can I book an interview now or do I have to wait for the letter to come through from them? 

You have to wait for packet 3 from the Embassy with the instructions and then you can schedule the interview, at least that's how it was in my case. They sent the instructions to my fiance on the email and he sent it to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, _Mia_ said:

Haha I saw your post as soon as I woke up, I guess you're up a lot earlier than me in the Philippines :)  Yes, that's my theory too. I guess they'll give you an additional case number when they see you have a child on the off chance that you are applying for a K2 as well and that you do not need to use it. I've asked them about my DS160 as I was thinking I shouldnt have ticked that my son is joining me later... silly me for listening to my fiance on this one, but at the end of the day I am not extremely worried about this as I'm sure it is easily explainable to them, but it is stressful for sure.

Oh yeah! Right now it's like 7:52pm. What about where you are? Lol Yeah that's what I really thought. I hope it's nothing to worry about at all. I think it's different when the beneficiary has kids as it could really affect determining if it's a k1 or k2. I hope we're right with our theories though lol but still hoping for the best for ya. Send me some updates whenever you can! Good luck to us! B-)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, ColdSummer said:

For everyone whose interview is to come just know that it's a great feeling when you're going to be done with it and knowing there's nothing more to stress about for now! We just got approved yesterday and I'm soooo happy that soon I'll be with my fiance after so much time spent apart:jest::jest:. I was very nervous but the people were very nice and reassuring. So I'm going to tell you how it was for me in case you might find it helpful.

I was at the Embassy in Bucharest 30 mins earlier and they told me to wait across the street (there were 3 more people). A man came with a list when it was close to 1 and he asked to see the passport and the confirmation page of the DS160. He called us inside where we had to remove the belt, give them electronics and go through a metal detector (I beeped but they still let me go haha) Then when I was done with that I had to walk outside to enter another building where I got seated in the waiting room and I got called to window 2 very fast to have my fingerprints taken (since I was very nervous the woman had to explain me a lot of times how to place my fingers and she got a little annoyed with me but it's understandable :lol:) Then she asked for the payment confirmation, 2 pictures, police certificate, passport, copy of passport, birth certificate original and copy, proof of financial support and proof of relationship. Then she told me to wait to be called at window 9. I was the last to be called which perfect since it gave me more time to relax and remember the exact dates. 

Then I was called by the an officer and he asked me where I've met my fiance, how much we've been talking for, his age, his job, if he speaks romanian, if my family will attend the wedding, if he has visited me before, if he was married, if i have ever been to the US and what plans do I have after I go there. After I answered all this questions he said "Ok, we're done here" This scared me so much because he said it in a very serious voice so I thought he was going to deny me but then he said "I've approved your visa and you'll get it in 2 or 3 days"

:wub:

I was sooo happy and i couldn't thank him enough. Now i just have to get the visa and that's it. So for everyone that's going to have the interview soon don't stress out like me because it's going to be just fine 

:D

Congratulations!!!  Hopefully, we will have a similar happy outcome next Friday.  I'm so anxious and nervous, happy and every other emotion I can think of.  Can't wait for this whole process to be finished so that we can get back to normal life LOL

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Looks like the interviews are lined up for @Keith & Monica, @Mike & Tuyen, and me. Monica's is on the 16th, Shehide's is the 18th, and Tuyen's is on the 20th! Pretty cool!

Shehide's medical went well yesterday other than having to schedule an appointment elsewhere to have the PPD test (TB) done for Shehide's daughter, Edona. She's scheduled to do it tomorrow and has to return on Monday for them to guage the results. Then she has to return to the Spitali Amerikan with the results to get her medical packet for next Wednesday's interview. I hardly get to speak to her now because she's been so busy. I must say the American Embassy in Pristina has been excellent so far. They've done a lot to put her at ease in preparing for the interview.

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Timeline
9 minutes ago, lon552 said:

Looks like the interviews are lined up for @Keith & Monica, @Mike & Tuyen, and me. Monica's is on the 16th, Shehide's is the 18th, and Tuyen's is on the 20th! Pretty cool!

Shehide's medical went well yesterday other than having to schedule an appointment elsewhere to have the PPD test (TB) done for Shehide's daughter, Edona. She's scheduled to do it tomorrow and has to return on Monday for them to guage the results. Then she has to return to the Spitali Amerikan with the results to get her medical packet for next Wednesday's interview. I hardly get to speak to her now because she's been so busy. I must say the American Embassy in Pristina has been excellent so far. They've done a lot to put her at ease in preparing for the interview.

I wish you and Keith luck and success next week on you interviews.  I'm still kind of in a state of shock at how fast everything has gone since NOA2.  It's been quite the whirlwind.

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Timeline
2 hours ago, ColdSummer said:

You have to wait for packet 3 from the Embassy with the instructions and then you can schedule the interview, at least that's how it was in my case. They sent the instructions to my fiance on the email and he sent it to me.

We never got packet 3, but they sent us a link in the email with the instructions.  It was a pretty straightforward checklist which is why it was so fast for us.  It might be country specific though.

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

2 hours ago, rachied26 said:

2 hours ago, ColdSummer said:

2 minutes ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

We never got packet 3, but they sent us a link in the email with the instructions.  It was a pretty straightforward checklist which is why it was so fast for us.  It might be country specific though.

You don't have to wait for anything. No mail, no email. 

You can schedule your interview now. 

Make sure you have filled out the ds-160, then submit your readiness form and then schedule your interview. It's all on the US embassy in London website. 

These things are very country specific. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

3 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Yeah JA Embassy does require the certificate of non-impediment which is that weird letter unfortunately. 

Don't forget to give him updated letters of intent signed by each of you with the date changed which the date should be closer to the interview date.

Hey girl! I'm gonna PM you since I don't think there are any other JAI filers in this forum

Timeline
1 hour ago, S*UK said:

You don't have to wait for anything. No mail, no email. 

You can schedule your interview now. 

Make sure you have filled out the ds-160, then submit your readiness form and then schedule your interview. It's all on the US embassy in London website. 

These things are very country specific. 

Thanks hun, I've done the ds160 form, whats the readiness form? I'll book it tonight :) xx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

Did you email the embassy to request this?

Timeline

So we had our interview in London today and I’ll write a full review once I’m back home and at my laptop.

Long story short, I was given a 221g as my medical results had not reached the embassy yet. Confirmed with Knightsbridge that they have now arrived at the embassy today. So irritated with myself that now I’m back to worrying about if we will be approved. I was desperately hoping to hear on the spot but instead I had an insinuation that we would be approved once the medical results had been received. 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.