Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, mcs said:

Thanks; we listed the children on the I-129f form as was required but they will, most likely, not be coming over on K-2 but later by I-130.  Thanks for the advice on the signature on all of the documents... I guess that I will have to send hard-copies instead of electronically then.  So only one year's tax return is okay?

Yes. Only hard copies ! when she will has an interview, the documents that will stay at the embassy are: passport, copy of passport, copies of all personal documents: of birth certificate, divorce(if she had), change of name(if she had), an original/s of police certificate/s, 2 photos, confirmation of application k-1 with code, financial documents from petitioner.

About a year for tax-teturn : it depends of current month of a year: financial year is different to calendar year, so, we were in the end of 2016 financial year, despite that it was 2017 year, and we had to provide only 2016 year tax-return, if you are far to 2017 year: from april, so you have to provide  for 2016, 2017 years.

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, mcs said:

Thanks; we listed the children on the I-129f form as was required but they will, most likely, not be coming over on K-2 but later by I-130.  Thanks for the advice on the signature on all of the documents... I guess that I will have to send hard-copies instead of electronically then.  So only one year's tax return is okay?

You can send the originals of financials by DHL, in advance...  she will provide the originals of all financial documents at her interview. officer would like to see an original signature. - it is what our attorney told.

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

You can send the originals of financials by DHL, in advance...  she will provide the originals of all financial documents at her interview. officer would like to see an original signature. - it is what our attorney told.

Thanks so much; I really appreciate the information!  :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

... 181 days and no NOA2 or RFE or anything

I'm losing my mind. 

• 04/11/2017 - I-129F Received - NOA1
  • 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/05/2017 - Response to NOID received
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 01/23/2018 - NVC received and given number
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/08/2018 - Consulate received
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical
  • 02/23/2018 - Interview - G22A: new passport requested due to name error
  • 06/03/2018 - New passport sent back to US Embassy
  • 14/03/2018 - Visa in hand
  • 15/03/2018 - POE (LAX, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Melodica256 said:

... 181 days and no NOA2 or RFE or anything

I'm losing my mind. 

Call USCIS or talk to your congressman! It helped us. be persistent. Your case is way past normal processing times so you should start calling them weekly.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarah_F said:

Call USCIS or talk to your congressman! It helped us. be persistent. Your case is way past normal processing times so you should start calling them weekly.

They're saying it's still within normal. Looks like my hopes of being there for Christmas are gone... 

• 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those who still have to do their medical, and are in the Philippines...

I mistakenly thought the medical would be done at the nice St. Lukes in Mandaluyong, and maybe it would be a 1 hour thing. Not even close. It's at a St. Luke's extension near Rizal Park in Ermita, downtown Manila. My fiance went yesterday and it was insanely crowded with people waiting for visa checkups. Arrived 7am, didn't get out of there until dinner time. 

And apparently the US is very strict about any chest x-rays that show even a tiny blotch on the lungs, due to concerns about TB. They said it's very common for people to get held back due to just a tiny blotch unrelated to TB. And it basically means a two month delay while you do tests and a re-check. Unfortunately that's what happened to us. All else was fine, so as long as it's not TB the visa will happen. But now not until maybe December. So close and still so far. 

So hang in there folks. And try not to think about the folks who get into the US illegally without any of this nonsense, and without many months of waiting. It's the folks who do it legally who get the pain. Go figure.  

March 30, 2017: I-129F Received by USCIS

April 19, 2017: NOA1

August 18, 2017: RFE Sent (Fiance intent to marry letter)

August 25, 2017: RFE Received

August 26, 2107: Evidence Sent

August 28, 2017: Evidence Received (Online Status Update)

September 5, 2017: NOA2 (based on website status update; no mail yet)

September 7, 2017: NOA2 Hardcopy received in US Mail

September 19, 2017: NVC Received case (based on phone call; received Case # and Invoice ID)

September 21, 2017: NVC Forwarded to embassy Manila

September 25, 2017: Embassy Received

September 29, 2017: NVC Letter Received in US mail (required for physical)

October 3, 2107: "OK to schedule interview" letter received from embassy via email

December 30, 2017: Medical Clearance

January 30, 2018: K-1 Visa Interview and RFE

March 8, 2018: K-1 Visa Approval

(...marriage and lots of happiness...)

May 25: Rejection notice for I-485/I-765 due to I-765 fees not required when filing both applications together

May 31: I-485/I-765 applications received by Chicago
June 22: Received letter saying biometrics is scheduled
July 9: Biometrics Completed
July 19: Online status updated to say "Ready to schedule interview"
Aug 1: Online status updated to say "Interview has been scheduled"
Aug 6: Received letter saying interview scheduled for Sept. 10

Sept 10: Interview complete, approved on the spot. USCIS Case Status website shows "we ordered your new card"

Sept 15: Online case status updated to say "Card was shipped on Sept. 13"

Sept 17: Green card received via USPS Priority Mail

39 minutes ago, Melodica256 said:

They're saying it's still within normal. Looks like my hopes of being there for Christmas are gone... 

Don't say that!  I know it seems hopeless, but once you get your NOA2 things will start moving along.  It's so frustrating...  When you talk to a Tier 2, what do you say?  I only ask because when we called, I said that I was looking for an update on the status of our application because the tracker wasn't working and we hadn't received any updates since April 6.  All of that was true, so it will be true when you say it as well.  I don't know if we lucked out with the people we spoke with (we called 2 times) but both times there were updates to our application that we hadn't been notified of yet.  As a matter of fact, our online status still shows that they received our response to the rfe and that's as far as it's gotten.  Even though we have an NOA2 now the system doesn't show it.  I would try again tomorrow since today is a "holiday" and see if you get better results.  We also never had an issue getting transferred to a Tier 2.  We gave the same line of the tracker not updating.  Both times the person we spoke with said there were no updates to our case, but then I said something along the lines of "I understand that if I speak to a Tier 2 officer they will be able to provide additional information, blah, blah..." The person then transferred me.  Good luck, and I look forward to getting an update from you tomorrow!!!  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Don't say that!  I know it seems hopeless, but once you get your NOA2 things will start moving along.  It's so frustrating...  When you talk to a Tier 2, what do you say?  I only ask because when we called, I said that I was looking for an update on the status of our application because the tracker wasn't working and we hadn't received any updates since April 6.  All of that was true, so it will be true when you say it as well.  I don't know if we lucked out with the people we spoke with (we called 2 times) but both times there were updates to our application that we hadn't been notified of yet.  As a matter of fact, our online status still shows that they received our response to the rfe and that's as far as it's gotten.  Even though we have an NOA2 now the system doesn't show it.  I would try again tomorrow since today is a "holiday" and see if you get better results.  We also never had an issue getting transferred to a Tier 2.  We gave the same line of the tracker not updating.  Both times the person we spoke with said there were no updates to our case, but then I said something along the lines of "I understand that if I speak to a Tier 2 officer they will be able to provide additional information, blah, blah..." The person then transferred me.  Good luck, and I look forward to getting an update from you tomorrow!!!  

When we reach tier 2 we have been treated like children and told to wait. As beneficiary I can't call but I gave my fiancé a list of questions regarding an update, if an agent was assigned, name checks etc and were just told (by the t2) that they can't tell us any info and to call back when it falls outside of 6 months (which will be Oct 12)

Im so scared that I won't be there for Christmas. I know everyone says it speeds up, but I'm away from home for a bit at the end of the month and I'm very concerned. 

I'm hoping we just weren't updated. That's all that's keeping me going but this wait is... Crazy. Especially seeing people a month after our application getting approved... 

• 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical

8 minutes ago, Melodica256 said:

When we reach tier 2 we have been treated like children and told to wait. As beneficiary I can't call but I gave my fiancé a list of questions regarding an update, if an agent was assigned, name checks etc and were just told (by the t2) that they can't tell us any info and to call back when it falls outside of 6 months (which will be Oct 12)

Im so scared that I won't be there for Christmas. I know everyone says it speeds up, but I'm away from home for a bit at the end of the month and I'm very concerned. 

I'm hoping we just weren't updated. That's all that's keeping me going but this wait is... Crazy. Especially seeing people a month after our application getting approved... 

I understand completely.  We got an rfe which pushed us back, but as people later in the month and even into May started getting approved even before we got the rfe it was painful....  I also had the same concerns about traveling because I was on the road for work for basically the last month.  I would suggest, if you can, to take anything with you that you may need if something happens while your traveling.  For instance, have your passport with you so you have that info, make sure you have access to emails or photos, etc should you need to send something additional.  Or, if your fiance needs something, make sure you have it handy so you can send it to him therefore not delaying the process.  I'm not going to say anything to downplay what you're feeling.  I know how hard it was for us, and I know it's the same for you.  But Christmas time is still a great possibility so don't count that out yet!  Not sure how busy the embassy is where you are, but hopefully you can get a quick interview and medical appointment and make up some time!!!  

So I met with our attorney today for what I think will be the last time (I hope... I'm kinda over him).  He gave me our file and I will be adding the additional documents from my last two visits, phone logs, texts, etc.  The DS160 is done and submitted.  Police records have been requested and we are going to call NVC tomorrow to hopefully get our case number.  We haven't gotten it yet and haven't called so hopefully we can get it tomorrow (or soon!)  Our NOA2 date is 9/22 so it's been almost 3 weeks.  We were thrown a bit of a curve ball today as we found out we need to get a Certificate of No Impediment of Marriage before he goes for his interview.  I guess I should have done a bit more research, but then again, we hired an attorney to help us with that type of stuff and today was the first we heard of it.  In addition, I've asked him (attorney) a couple of times about getting his vaccines in advance of the medical as I understand it's often cheaper than waiting and getting it at the medical.  In addition, he can grab his medical records while he's there and kill 2 birds with one stone.  The attorney kept telling us the wait.  I think he thought I wanted to make his medical appointment because today he told me to go ahead and do it.  Ugh!  I'm beyond frustrated because now my fiance is running all over the island of Jamaica trying to get everything done quickly when we could have been doing it over the past few weeks.  At this point, it is what it is, but I think sometimes he forgets that we have jobs and other things to do and I/we can't just drop everything to get these tasks completed.  Anyway, that's my rant of the day.  On a different note, am I forgetting anything else that I need to do?  

3 hours ago, Melodica256 said:

As the beneficiary YOU CAN CALL!

So run to grab your cellphone and call away, Demand speaking with a Tier 2 even if what the Tier 1 says is completly reasonable, be nice,, and say "well I stll demand talking to a Tier 2"

Go go go!

20 minutes ago, MeliiGo said:

As the beneficiary YOU CAN CALL!

So run to grab your cellphone and call away, Demand speaking with a Tier 2 even if what the Tier 1 says is completly reasonable, be nice,, and say "well I stll demand talking to a Tier 2"

Go go go!

As far as i know they will only release info to the petitioner

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.