Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Aman Grewal said:

Hi all,

i want to ask that although my fiancee meets the poverty guidelines, but still if she want to add the joint sponsor for I134 can she do so?? I mean is it right to add the cosponsor despite having the  income little more than 125%??

If she already meets the poverty guidelines then she should not add the co-sponsor. There is no need to and it would also confuse the officer at the interview I imagine. Keep it simple :) the requirement is 125% or 100% for military. As long as you are sure you meet this you are fine. Good Luck

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Yay! On my way to the airport :D

Going early with my book to wait there, because I didn't feel like being wandering around the house and then in a rush with a later bus.

I'm probably going to be less around the next days, as we have a bunch of things to do preparing for the move... Luckily enough we are also going to do very fun things :)

So I'll keep an eye on you, because I still get email notifications of all your posts, but you have now the time to take a break from me :lol: 

Take care, Aprilites! :wub:

We are all so very happy for you and wish you more joy than you can stand!!!!  :D

@Estibaliz, you enjoy your time with Gary.  Get ready for your POE.

12 November 2016 (Sat): First meeting - Hong Kong/Macau

11 February 2017 (Sat): Second meeting - Philippines

14 February 2017 (Tue): Engaged

K-1 Process:

Spoiler

24 March 2017 (Fri): i-129f sent

28 March 2017 (Tue): i-129f received - NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 NOTICE DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 email/text confirmation

7 April 2017 (Fri): NOA1 Hard-copy

15 August 2017 (Tue): RFE notification

19 August 2017 (Sat): RFE Hard-copy received and returned.

6 September 2017 (Thur): NOA2 Email/Text 

11 September 2017 (Mon): NOA2 Hard Copy received.

20 September 2017 (Wed): NVC Received, Case Number Assigned

25 September 2017 (Mon): NVC Shows In Transit to Embassy

26 September 2017 (Tue): NVC Shows Ready 

3 October 2017 (Mon): Medical at SLEC

16 October 2017 (Mon): Interview Schedule

15 December 2017 (Fri): POE - Seattle

27 December 2017 (Wed): Married my love

AOS Process:
Spoiler
23 January 2018 (Tue): AOS and EAD Packets sent
26 January 2018 (Fri): Package Delivered to PO Box
2 February 2018 (Fri): I-485 NOA1
14 February 2018 (Wed): EAD Rejected
15 February 2018 (Thur): EAD Remailed 
16 February 2018 (Fri): Bio-Metrics Done
15 March 2018 (Thur): EAD Rejected Again
16 March 2018 (Fri): EAD Mailed Again
30 March 2018 (Fri):  INFOPass Appointment re: EAD
5 April 2018 (Thur):  Text and Email that EAD Accepted
10 April 2018 (Wed): NOA1 EAD Received
12 May 2018 (Sat): Interview Letter Received
15 May 2018 (Tue): Email & Text - Card in Production - EAD
25 May 2018 (Fri): EAD Card Received 
13 June 2018 (Wed): Interview Scheduled - Approved!!
19 June 2018 (Tue): AOS Approval Letter received
21 June 2018 (Thur):  Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!

Next Step - Removing Conditions in 2020!!
KeithMonica.jpg.db958e6dfc9412e7667bec786358d620.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Keith & Monica said:

@Estibaliz, you enjoy your time with Gary.  Get ready for your POE.

I wish the same :)

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I need everyone's help big time :( 

A piece of news on Turkish media that also is officially on the American Embassy in Turkey's webpage (although unfortunately only on the Turkish page at the moment). 

I will try to translate the attached to the best of my ability:

"Explanation from the Diplomatic Mission of USA at Turkey 

The latest developments have forced the USA Government to re-evaluate the safety of personnel at the Diplomatic Mission of USA at Turkey. In order to minimise the number of guests during the re-evaluation period, effective from now on, all non immigrant visa applications have been put on hold."

Furthermore, the news talk about how this period is unspecified. I have spoken to a friend who is a dual citizen, who used to work there. She told me that the decision is effective including the staff (i.e they will not be able to apply for a non-immigrant visa either).

My question is, do you think that the petition will now be on hold or will they transfer it to a different embassy? 

Thanks in advance. I'm so sad...

IMG_5518.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, cameradiary said:

I need everyone's help big time :( 

A piece of news on Turkish media that also is officially on the American Embassy in Turkey's webpage (although unfortunately only on the Turkish page at the moment). 

I will try to translate the attached to the best of my ability:

"Explanation from the Diplomatic Mission of USA at Turkey 

The latest developments have forced the USA Government to re-evaluate the safety of personnel at the Diplomatic Mission of USA at Turkey. In order to minimise the number of guests during the re-evaluation period, effective from now on, all non immigrant visa applications have been put on hold."

Furthermore, the news talk about how this period is unspecified. I have spoken to a friend who is a dual citizen, who used to work there. She told me that the decision is effective including the staff (i.e they will not be able to apply for a non-immigrant visa either).

My question is, do you think that the petition will now be on hold or will they transfer it to a different embassy? 

Thanks in advance. I'm so sad...

It is difficult to tell whether this will affect K-1 Visas. The K-1 seems to float between immigrant and non-immigrant visa and is often exempt from things that affect non-immigrant visa. The best way to verify whether this affects K-1 is to contact your embassy.

Edited by Yu&M

Timeline

@cameradiaryHere, if you look on the official US website, you will see that K-1 is listed under immigrant. There is even an explanation. Therefore, chances are, your visa wont be affected:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/all-visa-categories.html

Edited by Yu&M

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

@cameradiaryHere, if you look on the official US website, you will see that K-1 is listed under immigrant. There is even an explanation. Therefore, chances are, your visa wont be affected:

that is so sweet thank you ♥️♥️ I hope that will be the case. It calms me down. My fiancé said we can reapply to marry if it comes to the worst :(

I hope it won't. Found the English version of the statement.

IMG_5519.PNG

Timeline
Just now, cameradiary said:

that is so sweet thank you ♥️♥️ I hope that will be the case. It calms me down. My fiancé said we can reapply to marry if it comes to the worst :(

I hope it won't. Found the English version of the statement.

You're welcome. After reading the statement in english, I am very sure that your visa will not be affected. Having gone through the process, at every part of the embassy stage, we followed immigrant visa protocols including getting an I (immigrant) ticket number at the interview. Furthermore, the link that I sent you lists K1 as immigrant and when tracking your visa on the CEAC website, it is also under "immigrant". Good luck with the rest of the journey. :)

Timeline

Congrats @Estibaliz!!! Soak in every minute

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Has anybody been following the new rules that are suppose to go into effect october 18 to require immigrants to provide 15 years of social media accounts at the visa interview, customs entry, and citizenship application process. I see the news articles on this but am not sure what will qualify as social media account and want to see if there is an official government link of what they will ask my fiancé who will enter usa in late october/ early november. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/28/us/politics/immigrants-social-media-trump.html

Timeline
4 hours ago, Yu&M said:

@cameradiary I'm right there with you about stressing out about this. I'm trying not to be too upset until it's sure that K1s are affected. The article below lists out the categories affected and K1 is not listed, so hopefully we're okay. I've reached out to our lawyer to confirm. I'm just so sad because I was supposed to go to Istanbul in 12 days and didn't get my e-visa yet, so I think I'm going to have to cancel my trip. :(

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/us-suspends-non-immigrant-visas-in-turkey/2017/10/08/19bfcc18-ac52-11e7-9b93-b97043e57a22_story.html?utm_term=.9aad6ca08607

Timeline
1 hour ago, falcao79 said:

Has anybody been following the new rules that are suppose to go into effect october 18 to require immigrants to provide 15 years of social media accounts at the visa interview, customs entry, and citizenship application process. I see the news articles on this but am not sure what will qualify as social media account and want to see if there is an official government link of what they will ask my fiancé who will enter usa in late october/ early november. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/28/us/politics/immigrants-social-media-trump.html

At the interview, they will only ask her/him for things listed on the required documents list  (or at the link) that they sent her/him. If any social media items are required, the details of what is required will be on the document checklist. If he/she already received the documents checklist, I do not think they will ask for anything that is not on there at the interview.

Edited by Yu&M

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

@cameradiary I'm right there with you about stressing out about this. I'm trying not to be too upset until it's sure that K1s are affected. The article below lists out the categories affected and K1 is not listed, so hopefully we're okay. I've reached out to our lawyer to confirm. I'm just so sad because I was supposed to go to Istanbul in 12 days and didn't get my e-visa yet, so I think I'm going to have to cancel my trip. :(

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/us-suspends-non-immigrant-visas-in-turkey/2017/10/08/19bfcc18-ac52-11e7-9b93-b97043e57a22_story.html?utm_term=.9aad6ca08607

You shouldn't stress. K-1 is an immigrant visa under US Embassy classification.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.