CDJ2016

NVC checklist - Police Certificate HELP - Juarez

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all.

Ir-1 Visa application at NVC, after 55 days I received a checklist asking for Police certificate. We are both living in the US and have approved i601a. I used a lawyer to fill documents and believed he sent all the correct info.  Apparently not?   Is there a way to get a "case closed" from NVC and allowance to get police certificate before interview? I haven't contacted lawyer as email came on weekend.....

Also, the first page of checklist was blank.  Hope there are not more items....  CEAC has not been updated, still has "request for doc", same since June.....  NVC list below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been returned to the National Visa Center.

______10 - MEXICO POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________________

Available in most states for applicants 18 and over. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate. The state police (Fiscalia General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales). The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state. Contact the state police for instructions. 

If the state police record is unavailable, visa applicants must provide a federal record called a "Carta de No Antecedentes Penales" from the Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad. To make the request, applicants must provide the following documentation:

For Mexican Nationals:

•   Mexican voter ID cards from the Instituto Federal Electoral (original and a copy)

•   Birth certificate (original and a copy)

•   Proof of residence in Mexico (original and a copy)

For Foreign Nationals:

•   FM2, now called the "tarjeta migratoria", or passport (original and a copy)

•   Birth certificate translated into Spanish (original and a copy)

The process is free of charge and normally is completed in person by the applicant. However, if the applicant is not able to make the request in person, a family member can do so in the applicant's name by taking a power of attorney signed by the interested party to:

Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad Calzada de Tlalpan No. 2962
    Col. Espartaco, Deleg. Coyoacan, C.P. 04870
    Mexico City, Mexico

The office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For inquiries about the process, 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Something similar happened to us.  After about 10 or 11 weeks, we received a checklist from NVC asking for my wife's birth certificate and divorce certificate.  That was on January 13th, 2017.  Our attorney called NVC to challenge it, since he claimed all the proper documents were sent.  He then claimed that NVC told him that the issue was "resolved" with the phone call, and that we were in the queue for an interview............

On April 10th, 2017, we FINALLY received the official "NVC has received all documents..........you are now in the queue for an interview" email from NVC..........5 days later, we received the interview date from our embassy.

It took 12 weeks after the checklist was "resolved" to get the official email for case complete from NVC.

Good Luck

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Thanks for reply...  Friggin lawyer told us not to get Police doc until we arrived for interview.  Over two years "in process" and 6k to lawyer.  !!#%%$#@!!....... I made a mistake in trusting lawyer to know the law.....  I'll definitely be contacting the NY Bar Association....  but for now, tequila!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, CDJ2016 said:

Thanks for reply...  Friggin lawyer told us not to get Police doc until we arrived for interview.  Over two years "in process" and 6k to lawyer.  !!#%%$#@!!....... I made a mistake in trusting lawyer to know the law.....  I'll definitely be contacting the NY Bar Association....  but for now, tequila!!

I know what you mean.  At my wife's interview, the CO gave her a 221g slip because her divorce certificate wasn't correct.....Luckily, she was able to obtain the correct one within an hour after the interview......I was not a happy camper because I had asked my attorney SPECIFICALLY  if the certificate she took to the interview was correct.  He said "Yes".......ughhh.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Unreal...  I wish I found this site sooner....  two days before I received NVC email I inquired with lawyer concerning the police certificate asking EXACTLY which police certificate I needed at interview.  I even sent an example.(found on this site) ...  check his response...  below.....  

MY LAWYER:  Hi:  I'm not really sure if that is the correct certificate.  However, if you can provide me the link where you found this I'll review it.  It does look about right however and if you found this on the State Department website, that would indicate it's right.  

MXReport.png

Edited by CDJ2016

On 9/16/2017 at 3:47 PM, CDJ2016 said:

I had a lawyer who for got to sent birth certificate and did not say anything about police report as well. Luckily, I called the NVC like 2 weeks after I sent DS 260 and asked them if there were any documents missing and they told it was the birth certificate and police report. If you call NVC are very helpful.  My lawyer did not even know you have to do finger printer in Mexico before interview. See my other post about police certificate. My spouse appt is Sept 28, 2017. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/16/2017 at 3:15 PM, CDJ2016 said:

Hi all.

Ir-1 Visa application at NVC, after 55 days I received a checklist asking for Police certificate. We are both living in the US and have approved i601a. I used a lawyer to fill documents and believed he sent all the correct info.  Apparently not?   Is there a way to get a "case closed" from NVC and allowance to get police certificate before interview? I haven't contacted lawyer as email came on weekend.....

Also, the first page of checklist was blank.  Hope there are not more items....  CEAC has not been updated, still has "request for doc", same since June.....  NVC list below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been returned to the National Visa Center.

Available in most states for applicants 18 and over. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate. The state police (Fiscalia General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales). The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state. Contact the state police for instructions. 

If the state police record is unavailable, visa applicants must provide a federal record called a "Carta de No Antecedentes Penales" from the Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad. To make the request, applicants must provide the following documentation:

For Mexican Nationals:

•   Mexican voter ID cards from the Instituto Federal Electoral (original and a copy)

For Foreign Nationals:

•   FM2, now called the "tarjeta migratoria", or passport (original and a copy)

The process is free of charge and normally is completed in person by the applicant. However, if the applicant is not able to make the request in person, a family member can do so in the applicant's name by taking a power of attorney signed by the interested party to:

Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad Calzada de Tlalpan No. 2962
    Mexico City, Mexico

The office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For inquiries about the process, 

Hola !

My father in law is in the same process and step as you are. We received this same checklist 2 days ago. But our ceac did update back to "At NVC" and AOS line disappeared.

Our lawyer told us the same thing. That just like the medical it's something we will have to take care of in Mexico, and that he will provide us with the instructions on where to go prior to our departure from U.S. 

Also, check the last lines of the checklist. Ours states

"Do not mail the police certificate to the National Visa Center. It MUST be provided to the consular officer at your interview."

Edited by Lizziecakes
missing last statement

Timeline
On 9/16/2017 at 3:15 PM, CDJ2016 said:

Hi all.

For Mexican Nationals:

For Foreign Nationals:

Mexico City, Mexico

My husband received the same checklist but I read twice and it states that he can provide the police certificate at the interview. We received C.C. on Sept 20th. I called yesterday and they said they are simply waiting to schedule the interview date. I would call the NVC if I were you to double check. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks - I will Call on Monday.  Very confusing ...  I received email that I need to send in...  (below) . we'll see.... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: CDJxxxxxxxxx filed by xxxxx xxxxxx on behalf of xxxxx xxxxx xxxx.

Please review the request we recently sent you and submit the required police certificate(s).

For guidelines on the police certificates we need for each country, go to http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Enter your country of birth in the box at the top of the page. The next page is the "Reciprocity Schedule" Click "Police, Court, Prison Records" on the left-hand side of the page.

For Mexican Nationals:

Mexican voter ID cards from the Instituto Federal Electoral (original and a copy)

Birth certificate (original and a copy)

Proof of residence in Mexico (original and a copy)

Timeline

For me at least, NVC wants the certificate- CEAC, hasn't changed (still says send docs).  Checklist issued on sept 15 and havent received any updated from NVC.  attached are two pages from checklist.   I doesn't appear to say, "don't send"...  maybe im missing somethinG??

CDJ-CheckList2.png

CDJ-CheckList1.png

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone.  

I noticed that it said this on the checklist too.  So which is it?  Should my wife get hers done here in Nogales,Sonora before the interview, send a translated copy to the NVC and then bring her orignal copy to the interview??

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.