CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, jhigareda41 said:

Thank you! Just curious where are you in the process?

Just beginning unfortunately:unsure: We still haven’t received my husbands biometrics appointment and it’s giving me anxiety:jest:. This whole process has been: “hurry up and wait”. But we are halfway there so, there is a light at the end of this looong twisty tunnel. 

Received 2/12

states Biometrics few received as of 2/28

5 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

Just beginning unfortunately:unsure: We still haven’t received my husbands biometrics appointment and it’s giving me anxiety:jest:. This whole process has been: “hurry up and wait”. But we are halfway there so, there is a light at the end of this looong twisty tunnel. 

Received 2/12

states Biometrics few received as of 2/28

Have you and your husband submitted the affidavit of support/civil documents and ds260?

Timeline
3 hours ago, jhigareda41 said:

Have you and your husband submitted the affidavit of support/civil documents and ds260?

Not yet, we are currently getting all our documents together and will be sending soon. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Make sure your lawyer ( if you have one) has submitted your DS260 to NVC. My case was submitted on Jul 23 was aproved on Jan 24, this week I emailed the NVCTO check on my paper work and it turns out my lawyer never submitted my ds260. So now I have to wait at least 3 more months for my interview, 😦😦😦

Timeline
2 hours ago, Oro 01 said:

Make sure your lawyer ( if you have one) has submitted your DS260 to NVC. My case was submitted on Jul 23 was aproved on Jan 24, this week I emailed the NVCTO check on my paper work and it turns out my lawyer never submitted my ds260. So now I have to wait at least 3 more months for my interview, 😦😦😦

That’s what I’m afraid of! I’m trying to get all our paperwork done quickly so I can have the lawyer submit everything ASAP. He said the Wavier takes about 8 months and that at about 4 months in he would send everything. I’ve been seeing approvals at around 3 months. I’m definitely going to give everything and ask to have it send right away. The sooner the better right? Or is there some kind of expiration dates on the paperwork the NVC requires?

10 minutes ago, Scajer25 said:

That’s what I’m afraid of! I’m trying to get all our paperwork done quickly so I can have the lawyer submit everything ASAP. He said the Wavier takes about 8 months and that at about 4 months in he would send everything. I’ve been seeing approvals at around 3 months. I’m definitely going to give everything and ask to have it send right away. The sooner the better right? Or is there some kind of expiration dates on the paperwork the NVC requires?

It’s better to send in all the paper work now especially the DS260 because on my paper it said that if I didn’t send that or the civil documnets and others they wouldn’t send Over to the embassy to schedule my appt. Good thing my lawyer sent it in then 2 months after I got my appt for my fingerprints. Hopefully your lawyer sends everything in ASAP.

good luck :) 

@Mansini77yep, it's the i601a. He's been in the US this whole time.

I decided to submit another inquiry on Friday and just got a response this morning. Same answer: 

"The status of this service request is:

Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing."

Our lawyer's not concerned so I guess I'll believe them for now. End of May -11.5 months- I'll be calling everyone if we haven't heard anything.

Timeline
On 3/23/2018 at 11:54 PM, jhigareda41 said:

Would I need one from the USA? I have lived in only one county since turning 16. According to the state website it says " if your are 16 or older and have lived in your current country of residence (If different from nationality) for more than 6 months then you need a police certificate from your current country of residence" does that mean the US would be my current country of residence since I was brought as a young child? Or does the biometrics cover it?

You've been here practically your whole life, so the US is the country of residence.  The biometrics should cover your history here in the US, they're basically just checking to see if you have a record.  

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mbl3 said:

@Mansini77yep, it's the i601a. He's been in the US this whole time.

I decided to submit another inquiry on Friday and just got a response this morning. Same answer: 

"The status of this service request is:

Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing."

Our lawyer's not concerned so I guess I'll believe them for now. End of May -11.5 months- I'll be calling everyone if we haven't heard anything.

Seriously, your petition should have been answered months ago.  I'm dumbfounded by the USCIS's response of "workload factors" and delays.  I sent our petition month after you and got a response back in October of last year.  

I honestly wish i could give you more information as to how you can extract more information about the progress of your case, but it appears all you can do is keep trying to the contact them with calls and emails.  

Have you completed all your other paperwork?  The IV and AOS to the National Visa Center?  Have they given you any updates on your case?

I decided I'd try my luck and call NVC to see if they received any updates on our 601a waiver aaaaand...they haven't gotten anything. Boo. 

I know there are people who've waited even longer than us but I've run out of patience, and positivity. Sorry to be so down but I never imagined this process-especially this part-would have this much effect on me.

12 hours ago, Mbl3 said:

I decided I'd try my luck and call NVC to see if they received any updates on our 601a waiver aaaaand...they haven't gotten anything. Boo. 

I know there are people who've waited even longer than us but I've run out of patience, and positivity. Sorry to be so down but I never imagined this process-especially this part-would have this much effect on me.

I hear you. I never thought it would take this long either. But, it will come. Just know that. I do believe things happen at the right time- look at it as a way to save more money before the last steps. Honestly I was freaking out more around the 5-8 month mark, but I'm more relaxed now.. its strange :/. Close to 10 months waiting now

Hi everyone I just received my i864 from my sponsor and am ready to mail out my AOS to the NVC next week. This is my final step and just want to make sure I don't mess up, can someone shed some light on my questions.

1. My uncle (sponsor) sent me all his financial info and he makes well over what is required. However I noticed that he included my aunts income for 2017 tax year. She only made about 2500 dollars. He sent me all his W2s to show his individual income. With my aunts income being barely anything in the sense that my uncles income is sufficient, did he need to send me an i864a for my aunt? 

2. Lastly, he did the i864 half typed and half handwritten, is this a big deal? Should it all been one or the other? Fyi his handwritten was not all caps either. 

I know i might be overthinking it but can someone help me!?:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.