CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/26/2018 at 9:34 AM, ana_Barajas said:

yes, our attorney send everything when we send the 601A. 

Do you have a case complete at NVC? How long have you been waiting for you interview date?

Timeline

So, our i601a was mailed out 2/8 and received on 2/12. How long does it take for them to send the receipt notice and cash the check? Our lawyer sent it to the Chicago lockbox. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

So, our i601a was mailed out 2/8 and received on 2/12. How long does it take for them to send the receipt notice and cash the check? Our lawyer sent it to the Chicago lockbox. 

HI

We mailed our I601a on Feb 6 it was delivered on Feb 8. We didn't hear anything until Feb 24. We received text and email stating our case was received with our new case # in Nebraska. The check cleared our bank acct on 2/26. We haven't received the actual notice in the mail yet. Hopefully soon.

1 minute ago, CK+MH said:

HI

We mailed our I601a on Feb 6 it was delivered on Feb 8. We didn't hear anything until Feb 24. We received text and email stating our case was received with our new case # in Nebraska. The check cleared our bank acct on 2/26. We haven't received the actual notice in the mail yet. Hopefully soon.

I thought I 601a waivers were only processed at National Benefit Center!!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jane88 said:

I thought I 601a waivers were only processed at National Benefit Center!!

Not anymore. They started sending the I601a's to Nebraska in January 2018.:( 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jane88 said:

Oh no!!!! Will that delay the process? I know NBC was processing I 601a waivers in 4-6 months!!! Nebraska is slow Service Center 😞😞😞

I really hope not. I am so anxious not even having an estimate on processing time. Do you have an I601a submitted?

I really hope not. I am so anxious not even having an estimate on processing time. Do you have an I601a submitted?

No not yet! Its been 6 months since I got my NOA1, so I am just waiting to receive a NOA2 any day now(🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻), so I could submit my I 601a waiver...I am very anxious now....I really hoped to get an answer on my waiver in 4-6 months...

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jane88 said:

No not yet! Its been 6 months since I got my NOA1, so I am just waiting to receive a NOA2 any day now(🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻), so I could submit my I 601a waiver...I am very anxious now....I really hoped to get an answer on my waiver in 4-6 months...

Oh Ok. We waited 8 months for the I130 approval in Potomac Center when they were averaging 5 months. That was the longest, most helpless feeling months, wondering why ours was taking so much longer than average. But it finally arrived! Then with NVC things moved fast paying the AOS and IV fees, now  back to waiting on USCIS.

6 minutes ago, CK+MH said:

Oh Ok. We waited 8 months for the I130 approval in Potomac Center when they were averaging 5 months. That was the longest, most helpless feeling months, wondering why ours was taking so much longer than average. But it finally arrived! Then with NVC things moved fast paying the AOS and IV fees, now  back to waiting on USCIS.

How long after I 130 appoval did you send your waiver in? I have everything ready, just need to receive my NOA2 now... I really really hope it won’t be 8 months😞😞😞 I have seen a lot of approvals already for August filers from YSC. I really hope mine will be coming soon. Since I have an emergency situation back home, I just want to submit my waiver, do biometrics and leave...😞

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Jane88 said:

How long after I 130 appoval did you send your waiver in? I have everything ready, just need to receive my NOA2 now... I really really hope it won’t be 8 months😞😞😞 I have seen a lot of approvals already for August filers from YSC. I really hope mine will be coming soon. Since I have an emergency situation back home, I just want to submit my waiver, do biometrics and leave...😞

So on Dec 22, 2017, I received text and email that our case was sent to Dept of State(we were at Potomac also). The next week I received the notice that the actual approval date was Dec 18. January 16, 2018 we were finally in NVC system and I received the case # and invoice number. I made the DS261(notice of agent) and paid the AOS fee that day. The IV fee wasn't available to be paid until Jan 25. I ended up mailing the Waiver on Feb 6 two day and it was delivered on Feb  8!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, mommyo2life said:

Hi everyone ! I just received a mail with my appointment date for the biometrics ( 3/16/18 ) I’m happy things are moving along! But does anyone know how long after that will it take for me to get my appt in Juarez? 

Thank you so much in advance! 

That's great. What is your PD date on the i601a? Which office are  you in?

3 minutes ago, CK+MH said:

So on Dec 22, 2017, I received text and email that our case was sent to Dept of State(we were at Potomac also). The next week I received the notice that the actual approval date was Dec 18. January 16, 2018 we were finally in NVC system and I received the case # and invoice number. I made the DS261(notice of agent) and paid the AOS fee that day. The IV fee wasn't available to be paid until Jan 25. I ended up mailing the Waiver on Feb 6 two day and it was delivered on Feb  8!!

Thank you so much! So the biometrics would be about a month and a half from NOA2.... I hoped it would be much faster...:( Thank you again for the information!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.