CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 minutes ago, jhigareda41 said:

You're welcomr!! Hopefully you can get more insight from this forum there are a lot of helpful people out here. Best of luck to you and your mom!

@Esolor95 if she was in the us before she will most like need the i601 waiver,  at the interview they tell you if qualify for the waiver.. also the application is a $930 fee.   I just did mine, only thing here is. Like myself I’m at the last stage and some people here are still waiting for a lot of stuff. My lawyer said waiver take about 4-6 months but can ask for  expedite process..

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, jhigareda41 said:

Bump, what are the latest approval months? According to the uscis website they are working on July 2017 applicants. Anyone with a later date been approved?

There are plenty of October approvals. Happy for them, but I wish I was one of them, that's all.

10 minutes ago, Jtorres said:

@Esolor95 if she was in the us before she will most like need the i601 waiver,  at the interview they tell you if qualify for the waiver.. also the application is a $930 fee.   I just did mine, only thing here is. Like myself I’m at the last stage and some people here are still waiting for a lot of stuff. My lawyer said waiver take about 4-6 months but can ask for  expedite process..

Thank you. So if they say you are eligible for the waiver at the interview does that mean it’s guaranteed? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Esolor95 said:

Thank you. So if they say you are eligible for the waiver at the interview does that mean it’s guaranteed? 

Not guaranteed, everyone’s case are different, if your eligible for the waiver you can do it and file.. when I went to my interview many people before me got ask different question. Some where asked for tax’s, police reports and then there was one person who got ask for his approved i601A original paper no copy. So go well prepared.

25 minutes ago, Jtorres said:

Not guaranteed, everyone’s case are different, if your eligible for the waiver you can do it and file.. when I went to my interview many people before me got ask different question. Some where asked for tax’s, police reports and then there was one person who got ask for his approved i601A original paper no copy. So go well prepared.

I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what they tell my mother at her interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My Father in law sent his i601a in May of last year and he still hasn’t heard anything back. He called Uscis and they just tell him it’s processing. His lawyer told him that it takes between 12-18 months. I can see by all your comments that it’s not true. What should he do now? Any input would help. Thanks!!

3 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

My Father in law sent his i601a in May of last year and he still hasn’t heard anything back. He called Uscis and they just tell him it’s processing. His lawyer told him that it takes between 12-18 months. I can see by all your comments that it’s not true. What should he do now? Any input would help. Thanks!!

The i601 is in that time frame but the i601A is the 4/6 month time frame. You have to see if they applied for the i601 which is when they are abroad and i601a is for when they are here in the U.S 

To everyone that has filed the i601A waiver, did you guys submit the AOS and ds260 at the same time? I have heard of people saying to wait for waiver approval before submitting everything else for fear of getting an interview appt before uscis makes a decision on the waiver. So does that mean NVC doesnt honor the email they send out saying it will NOT schedule Interview until uscis determines i601a? Just trying to get a feel for what others have done. 

Timeline

Any one that’s got an approved i601 waiver ur timeline or wait time?(for those who had an interview and were denied) Also has anyone check this website out.  Say i601 are completed in 0-180 days? 97% of them. From 2017

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/directorates-and-program-offices/administrative-appeals-office-aao/aao-processing-times

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I want to share timeline here, my husband's

i212 approved in October 2017

601A received on Jan 10,2018,

Finger prints done on Jan 31, 2018

Now waiting his 601A to be approved, I am literally checking the case status every day on USCIS website. We hope his will be approved soon.  Feeling anxious every day.......

Edited by vivigege

8 hours ago, jhigareda41 said:

To everyone that has filed the i601A waiver, did you guys submit the AOS and ds260 at the same time? I have heard of people saying to wait for waiver approval before submitting everything else for fear of getting an interview appt before uscis makes a decision on the waiver. So does that mean NVC doesnt honor the email they send out saying it will NOT schedule Interview until uscis determines i601a? Just trying to get a feel for what others have done. 

No, we did not. Our lawyer did not even mention it, I guess she wants go step by step. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.