CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, jhigareda41 said:

HII GUYS!!

Can someone help me or point me in the direction of the answer- the most recent cases approved by CDJ although I know all cases are unique, there must be a common criteria 

Anyone that has already been approved at the VISA interview, does NVC or the Mexican consulate require 3 years of tax information or just the most recent year? I see that the USCIS instructions state one year, and the DOS website also states recent year, yet I have heard conflicting information on what to send in.

Also this question is for the medical exam part. I do not take a tb test because i always test positive, I have always gotten chest x rays and have always come back negative. Last month I had blood work as part of my TB clearance for my new job at a school and that came back negative as well. Does anyone know if this will delay the process? Has anyone had experience going through the medical exam knowing they test positive? Or does anyone know if taking my most recent test results suffice?

PLEASE HELP!! :)))

Hello as far as the TB testing they test though blood work so you should be good there. And we sent our taxes from the last 3 years to NVC

Timeline
On 2/7/2018 at 8:08 PM, jhigareda41 said:

HII GUYS!!

Can someone help me or point me in the direction of the answer- the most recent cases approved by CDJ although I know all cases are unique, there must be a common criteria 

Anyone that has already been approved at the VISA interview, does NVC or the Mexican consulate require 3 years of tax information or just the most recent year? I see that the USCIS instructions state one year, and the DOS website also states recent year, yet I have heard conflicting information on what to send in.

Also this question is for the medical exam part. I do not take a tb test because i always test positive, I have always gotten chest x rays and have always come back negative. Last month I had blood work as part of my TB clearance for my new job at a school and that came back negative as well. Does anyone know if this will delay the process? Has anyone had experience going through the medical exam knowing they test positive? Or does anyone know if taking my most recent test results suffice?

PLEASE HELP!! :)))

As far as the tax information goes, I"m not taking any chances and probably going to bring all past three years with us to the interview (2017,2016 and 2015).  The NVC sent us an email that they were missing my W2 from 2016 and to bring it to the interview.  Well, I"m self employed, so I do have a W2 from that year, but it doesn't tell the entire income story.  I'm not taking any chances, and bringing everything.  

On February 8, 2018 at 12:10 PM, CA1515 said:

Hello as far as the TB testing they test though blood work so you should be good there. And we sent our taxes from the last 3 years to NVC

CA1515 do you know if the blood work and results is done the same day or should one expect to stay longer?

16 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

As far as the tax information goes, I"m not taking any chances and probably going to bring all past three years with us to the interview (2017,2016 and 2015).  The NVC sent us an email that they were missing my W2 from 2016 and to bring it to the interview.  Well, I"m self employed, so I do have a W2 from that year, but it doesn't tell the entire income story.  I'm not taking any chances, and bringing everything.  

Definitely can't take any chances! I have all our stuff ready just need to organize it but confused as to how to go about our situation. If anyone can shed some advice much appreciated! I have been working with DACA and make well above the poverty guideline, my wife is sponsoring me but has not worked since march of 2017 and even so did not make enough to sponsor me. According to the instructions on USCIS it explicitly states that the intending immigrants income can be used as part of the household to help bridge the financial gap. I meet all 3 requirements to use my income. 

Here is what I plan to send to NVC

First half of packet will I am going to include 6 months of pay stubs, our W-2s, my employer letter, and our joint tax return transcript to show that I will not be a public charge and meet the income requirements. In the second half of the packet I plan to include, as a back up in case the adjudicating officer needs more support, my uncle's tax information. My uncle makes above the poverty line as well. The reason for this is that I have heard people say to get a joint sponsor and not use my (intending immigrants) income, even though it clearly states that I can. I rather send all this and avoid getting an RFE

I will type a brief letter, about 2 paragraphs explaining to the officer that I included my income and the reason why i also included my uncle as a back up. 

To wrap things up, my question is, Is this overkill? or would I not need to send my uncles info?

And just to clarify, If i go this route My wife will file an I-864 which will include her financial information as well as mine, and I don't have to include and I-864A for myself. And, my uncle will have to include his own I-864, am I correct?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, jhigareda41 said:

CA1515 do you know if the blood work and results is done the same day or should one expect to stay longer?

Definitely can't take any chances! I have all our stuff ready just need to organize it but confused as to how to go about our situation. If anyone can shed some advice much appreciated! I have been working with DACA and make well above the poverty guideline, my wife is sponsoring me but has not worked since march of 2017 and even so did not make enough to sponsor me. According to the instructions on USCIS it explicitly states that the intending immigrants income can be used as part of the household to help bridge the financial gap. I meet all 3 requirements to use my income. 

Here is what I plan to send to NVC

First half of packet will I am going to include 6 months of pay stubs, our W-2s, my employer letter, and our joint tax return transcript to show that I will not be a public charge and meet the income requirements. In the second half of the packet I plan to include, as a back up in case the adjudicating officer needs more support, my uncle's tax information. My uncle makes above the poverty line as well. The reason for this is that I have heard people say to get a joint sponsor and not use my (intending immigrants) income, even though it clearly states that I can. I rather send all this and avoid getting an RFE

I will type a brief letter, about 2 paragraphs explaining to the officer that I included my income and the reason why i also included my uncle as a back up. 

To wrap things up, my question is, Is this overkill? or would I not need to send my uncles info?

And just to clarify, If i go this route My wife will file an I-864 which will include her financial information as well as mine, and I don't have to include and I-864A for myself. And, my uncle will have to include his own I-864, am I correct?

Yes all done the same day, they give you your results on the same day. 

Timeline
On 11/24/2017 at 1:50 PM, CDJ2016 said:

We submit prints at MX consulate

Were you able to get the mexico police certificate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
28 minutes ago, jhigareda41 said:

Bump, what are the latest approval months? According to the uscis website they are working on July 2017 applicants. Anyone with a later date been approved?

Is this for the i601 waiver??

Edited by Jtorres

29 minutes ago, Esolor95 said:

Well she will be applying for a waiver. So she will be denied at her interview? My lawyer decided to go this route. 

From my knowledge and reading, the waiver is there to remove the 3/10 year ban that then kicks in if she is denied at the interview due to unlawful presence accrued during her time in the USA. I am not sure of The time frame from approval once you apply for the waiver abroad. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

5 minutes ago, jhigareda41 said:

From my knowledge and reading, the waiver is there to remove the 3/10 year ban that then kicks in if she is denied at the interview due to unlawful presence accrued during her time in the USA. I am not sure of The time frame from approval once you apply for the waiver abroad. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

She’s been out of the U.S for almost 7 years now. I sure hope everything goes well. Thank you for your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.