CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, CA1515 said:

You know i thought the same thing, it doesn't make any sense because they already did the biometrics so their record should show up. But we did it anyway we got the police clearance from our local police station same day and the state you could get in a week, and the mexican police certificate can also be done in about 1-2 weeks if your family out in mexico move quick. 

Yesss that is why I questioned it. Since he already had biometrics done, I didn't see the need for it. We were going to start with the request for the clearance in Mexico but stopped when we heard that the letter for the clear from our local police station was going to take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I'm just disappointed because we could have gotten this done a long time ago if would have known. I guess it's I'm fault because we should have researched a bit more. Thank goodness I found this  page. thank you all for answering back to me. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Pichu23 said:

Yesss that is why I questioned it. Since he already had biometrics done, I didn't see the need for it. We were going to start with the request for the clearance in Mexico but stopped when we heard that the letter for the clear from our local police station was going to take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I'm just disappointed because we could have gotten this done a long time ago if would have known. I guess it's I'm fault because we should have researched a bit more. Thank goodness I found this  page. thank you all for answering back to me. 

No problem, its ok they told us the mexican police clearance is only valid for 3 months so you coulnd't get that too long ago anyway. 

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

It is so confusing at times to hear lawyers giving different opinions on the same topic, isn't it? My understanding is that you do not need clearance from the USA, they automatically run background checks on all applicants for visas.  NVC requires a police clearance for all the countries you lives in over the age of 16 for more than six months. That's how  I understand it from this link.  Click on police certificate and it says very clearly what is needed. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

13 minutes ago, maryLu said:

It is so confusing at times to hear lawyers giving different opinions on the same topic, isn't it? My understanding is that you do not need clearance from the USA, they automatically run background checks on all applicants for visas.  NVC requires a police clearance for all the countries you lives in over the age of 16 for more than six months. That's how  I understand it from this link.  Click on police certificate and it says very clearly what is needed. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

It can get confusing! My husband was asked for a police report of Texas, where we live now. He did not need a Mexican police report because he younger than 18 while he lived there. 

We just returned from his consular interview. Everything went great and smooth!

Good Luck everyone. 

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Diana S said:

It can get confusing! My husband was asked for a police report of Texas, where we live now. He did not need a Mexican police report because he younger than 18 while he lived there. 

Good Luck everyone. 

Oh how exciting! Congratulations! That must feel so good!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 hours ago, Pichu23 said:

We didn't submit a police clearance letter from the U.S. We just submitted a police clearance letter from my husband's home state in Mexico. Thankfully, his mother was able to get the letter without a power of attorney (maybe she was just lucky) and we submitted that to the NVC.  Our case was completed on January 9, 2018. Just waiting for an interview now.

We are planning on getting a new police clearance letter while in Ciudad Juarez for our interview just in case the one we submitted to the NVC is expired/not the correct one. 

Edited by newgirl01
not finished typing

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Diana S said:

Good Luck everyone. 

Congrtz!! How many days did it take?

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Diana S said:

In total we stayed a little over a week, but the wait time for the package after he was approved was exactly 3 days. 

Yes it does! thank you

Aproved by NVC? How long after I601a was approved did you hear from NVC??

Thanks!!!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Diana S said:

In total we stayed a little over a week, but the wait time for the package after he was approved was exactly 3 days. 

Yes it does! thank you

Congratulations how long after Ds-260 did you get the interview appt

HII GUYS!!

Can someone help me or point me in the direction of the answer- the most recent cases approved by CDJ although I know all cases are unique, there must be a common criteria 

Anyone that has already been approved at the VISA interview, does NVC or the Mexican consulate require 3 years of tax information or just the most recent year? I see that the USCIS instructions state one year, and the DOS website also states recent year, yet I have heard conflicting information on what to send in.

Also this question is for the medical exam part. I do not take a tb test because i always test positive, I have always gotten chest x rays and have always come back negative. Last month I had blood work as part of my TB clearance for my new job at a school and that came back negative as well. Does anyone know if this will delay the process? Has anyone had experience going through the medical exam knowing they test positive? Or does anyone know if taking my most recent test results suffice?

PLEASE HELP!! :)))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.