CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, ICM said:

Hello anyone know if all cases take 11 weeks when you send the DS-260 and civil documents

NVC takes up to 11 weeks to review your documents

(cases going to CDJ seem to average 8-9 weeks)

However, note if NVC finds anything wrong/ missing you might get hit with a checklist. At which point you'll be instructed to:

a) send missing docs to NVC (restarting the 11 week review time)

b) bring missing docs to interview once scheduled.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

Hey everyone!! We will be officially filing our I601a Wavier in about 2 weeks. What is the current wait time looking like? My husband will be having his interview in CDJ. We are so nervous!!😬

Hello! Current wait times is 4-6 months! I am still waiting on my husbands waiver, 2 months in

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
47 minutes ago, ICM said:

Hello anyone know if all cases take 11 weeks when you send the DS-260 and civil documents

Nope. Ours took 4 weeks 6 days. Received 12/5/18, reviewed with cc 1/11/18. Waiting for our interview date now.

Hi everyone, I'm having doubts on what my attorney says about filing the ds 260. So they told us we have to get a police clearance letter from the state we live in(for my husband)and I guess that takes 3 month to arrive in the mail. My attorney said we will file once I have all the documents needed. I don't understand why we need one if the already had his biometrics done here. Also I see everyone here requesting a clarance letter but from their home country(mex) I asked my attorney if we should request that now and he said no, that it is not needed. Can someone help me.

Edited by Pichu23

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pichu23 said:

Hi everyone, I'm having doubts on what my attorney says about filing the ds 260. So they told us we have to get a police clearance letter from the state we live in(for my husband)and I guess that takes 3 month to arrive in the mail. My attorney said we will file once I have all the documents needed. I don't understand why we need one if the already had his biometrics done here. Also I see everyone here requesting a clarance letter but from their home country(mex) I asked my attorney if we should request that now and he said no, that it is not needed. Can someone help me.

From what I know you do not need a police clearance from here, that;s what the biometrics are for. If your  husband was under 16 when he came here he does not need a clearance from his home country, if he was over 16 then you do need one. You do not need to submit these documents to complete the DS260, you can complete that form and submit it at any time. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/30/2018 at 12:15 PM, AheartA said:

Nope. Ours took 4 weeks 6 days. Received 12/5/18, reviewed with cc 1/11/18. Waiting for our interview date now.

Wow! Mine took exactly 6 months 

Timeline
On 2/1/2018 at 8:51 PM, Pichu23 said:

The NVC will request a police clearance letter from the Mexican state your husband resided in.  This police letter is to inform the NVC of your spouse's good standing in his home state and that he does not have a criminal record.  The biometrics that were done here in the United States was to fingerprint and check the FBI database of any criminal activity here in the US.  So yeah, you DO need both.  Unless, your husband came the United States at a very young age.  May I ask when he arrived?

How quickly you'd like that Police Clearance is up to you and if you have trusted family or friends in that Mexican state to give power of attorney.  Contact your nearest Mexican consulate and request an appointment to get the process started.  DHL/UPS these documents from the Mexican consulate to the relative in Mexico to give he/she power of attorney.   This relative will then go to the police station and pay for the documents.  He/she can then UPS/DHL the documents back to you in the United States.  Have the documents translated professionally to English and send them to the NVC.  This can take as little as one week, or months...depending on how proactive you are in this process.

The NVC will NOT schedule your interview until they receive your police clearance letter.  

Timeline
On 2/2/2018 at 9:08 AM, maryLu said:

I just called, they told me the case is still pending and that it can be another 1-2 months. 

Wow really? I don't think so, i think/hope it will be sooner than that for you. 

Timeline
On 2/1/2018 at 7:51 PM, Pichu23 said:

You know i thought the same thing, it doesn't make any sense because they already did the biometrics so their record should show up. But we did it anyway we got the police clearance from our local police station same day and the state you could get in a week, and the mexican police certificate can also be done in about 1-2 weeks if your family out in mexico move quick. 

13 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

The NVC will request a police clearance letter from the Mexican state your husband resided in.  This police letter is to inform the NVC of your spouse's good standing in his home state and that he does not have a criminal record.  The biometrics that were done here in the United States was to fingerprint and check the FBI database of any criminal activity here in the US.  So yeah, you DO need both.  Unless, your husband came the United States at a very young age.  May I ask when he arrived?

How quickly you'd like that Police Clearance is up to you and if you have trusted family or friends in that Mexican state to give power of attorney.  Contact your nearest Mexican consulate and request an appointment to get the process started.  DHL/UPS these documents from the Mexican consulate to the relative in Mexico to give he/she power of attorney.   This relative will then go to the police station and pay for the documents.  He/she can then UPS/DHL the documents back to you in the United States.  Have the documents translated professionally to English and send them to the NVC.  This can take as little as one week, or months...depending on how proactive you are in this process.

The NVC will NOT schedule your interview until they receive your police clearance letter.  

Thanks for the information. My husband already went to our local police station to request the police clearance letter, which takes about 6-8 weeks to arrive. So we will go Friday to start the process for the clearance letter from his home country(Méx). My husband will need it since he arrived here when he was 18.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.