CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
19 hours ago, CA1515 said:

Has NVC told you if you are in line for an interview yet?

Yes, one week after the case was completed at NVC they sent an email letting us know they had "received all documentation and that the applicant is now in the queue for an interview"

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
21 hours ago, ICM said:

I guess we wont be getting an interview anytime soon. This has me so stressed out we were thinking that we would have our interview in March but we haven't even sent the DS-260 or civil documents. 

I think your lawyer is messing your case up. From what you are saying he/ she  either has no experience or is a bad lawyer. You can do the DS -260 at any time and the documents you can send them in as well. You should call NVC and talk directly with them. 

16 hours ago, Pichu23 said:

Just an update, I just got off the phone with uscis annnndddd he gave me great news. We have been approved. It was just approved yesterday🙌🏼🎉. We should be getting the letter some time this week. 

Congratulations! How exciting, almost there. I am still waiting! 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Pichu23 said:

Just an update, I just got off the phone with uscis annnndddd he gave me great news. We have been approved. It was just approved yesterday🙌🏼🎉. We should be getting the letter some time this week. 

Congrats!! I was getting concerned with ours too. Hard to be patient with this long process. 

My lawyer says the NVC is behind like 3 months :(  so get everything in as soon as you can!

Timeline
On 1/23/2018 at 2:53 PM, CA1515 said:

You guys probably not  get in March, we sent our civil documents and did the whole NVC process at the same time as our i-601a like @newgirl01 so we may hopefully get a quicker interview date

Yea you were right just called NVC and it turns out they had emailed the next step a year ago to our lawyer and that they are just waiting for us to send DS-260  

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ICM said:

Yea you were right just called NVC and it turns out they had emailed the next step a year ago to our lawyer and that they are just waiting for us to send DS-260  

That you ca easily do online!  You could've been done by now. Hope everything works out. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/14/2017 at 2:03 AM, Andres medina said:

I did the waiver my self and sent it on july 14, 2017

and I did the biometrin on July 26, 2017

now it’s been almost 3 month and I requested for expediting and they usually don’t approved request for expediting because of all cases are humanitarian cases and they all importatnt

anyway they told me 6 month is the longest wait

but I’m hoping for 5 month 

hello, have you received anything yet. my husband did his biometrics on july 31, 2017 and we are still waiting. and my attorney just said if he does expediting it can be cause of rejection.

Timeline
On 1/25/2018 at 2:40 PM, ana_Barajas said:

hello, have you received anything yet. my husband did his biometrics on july 31, 2017 and we are still waiting. and my attorney just said if he does expediting it can be cause of rejection.

Try giving them a call and get an update on your case it has been almost 6 months 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 hours ago, CA1515 said:

Try giving them a call and get an update on your case it has been almost 6 months 

Do you know where I could call? My attorney says that if we push them that could cause the officer who has our case to denied the approval automatically 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone so I have a question. I file my i601 waiver (01/11/2018)and got my receipt number (i797C) I got an email today with a different receipt number. Anyone else this happen to?

Timeline
6 hours ago, ana_Barajas said:

Do you know where I could call? My attorney says that if we push them that could cause the officer who has our case to denied the approval automatically 

I don't believe that is true because @Pichu23 just called and he was approved a few days later. I think their phone number is 800-375-5283 and only the person who sent in the waiver (the beneficiary) can call. Let us know what they tell you

On 1/27/2018 at 8:10 PM, CA1515 said:

I don't believe that is true because @Pichu23 just called and he was approved a few days later. I think their phone number is 800-375-5283 and only the person who sent in the waiver (the beneficiary) can call. Let us know what they tell you

This is true, the person who assisted me was very nice and provided me all the information possible. They actually transferred me to someone that could give me more information. That is when he told me that we were approved. I just received my approval letter this past Friday. 

Timeline

Hey everyone!! We will be officially filing our I601a Wavier in about 2 weeks. What is the current wait time looking like? My husband will be having his interview in CDJ. We are so nervous!!😬

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.