Racheyy

I-130 September 2017 Filers

582 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, alexandramfebles said:

Yeah, my NOA2 was approved on March 20, and they received it on April 5th. Still no news from NVC... :/

Does the status change when they receive it? Last update i got on May 14 was

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

58 minutes ago, Muzammil said:

Does the status change when they receive it? Last update i got on May 14 was

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

No, you need to call to the NVC, and they will tell you when they received it. The status does not change on the website. 

Edited by alexandramfebles

Anyone else still waiting on NOA2? PD Sept 18, nothing yet. When I call they say wait 11 months but it seems like nobody else had to :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/21/2018 at 7:04 AM, BellaJosephine said:

We're still waiting - I'm trying to track down a decent forum that says what the average is for most. Some are saying the full 8 wks and I'm really hoping that's not the case! 

I hate to say it but it is true and longer sometimes.  I filed for I-130 in september, got approved on March 15th and then NVC received it on 4/9/18.  My case has been siting there since.  June 4th is 8 weeks for me.  They said if it doesnt arrive by then it will need to go to supervisor review which I heard it alot worse.   The NVC feels like a giant black hole when people should be getting case numbers in 10 days tops.  

Hello everyone....

Need to share a good news. We just got approved. Pd sep 12...TSC and I'm a US citizen filed for my spouse......Our case was approved in 259 days....finally!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ambreen said:

Hello everyone....

Need to share a good news. We just got approved. Pd sep 12...TSC and I'm a US citizen filed for my spouse......Our case was approved in 259 days....finally!

Congrats😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/21/2018 at 11:03 AM, alexandramfebles said:

Yeah, my NOA2 was approved on March 20, and they received it on April 5th. Still no news from NVC... :/

NVC approved today. On their way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, alexandramfebles said:

Congratulations! Hope we can also receive the NVC case number soon! When did they receive your case at the NVC?

Only date I see is May 30th date of notice. I received 3 separate NVC notices for wife and two children with case numbers and steps to apply for visa.

Today I finally received the email from NVC with the case number and Invoice!

NOA2: March 20

NVC received: April 5

NVC case number: June 7

Embassy: Moscow (Now it is a PIVOT embassy)

On 4/27/2018 at 5:08 AM, Maan17 said:

Hello my fellow September filers! I'm now at the "pay fees" stage of NVC and it's not getting any faster than we're hoping it would be, especially after the 7 months' wait just for NOA2.

My case also took 8 weeks and 1 day just to get a case number. I called at exactly the 8th week mark and the agent forwarded my case to their supervisor. Then right after the weekend, I called again and then there was my case and invoice number!

Please keep calling and bugging them to do something. Having it forwarded to a supervisor actually helps and it means that your case is actually being reviewed rather than just waiting and listening to those agents answering your calls. Be assertive. Insist that they review your case especially if it's non-pivot and it's been 8 weeks or longer. It seems like nothing gets done unless you keep calling.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Same exact circumstance for me.  I hit 8 weeks middle of last week.  Called and they put it to supervisor.  Called again Monday and was reassured it would be out in next day or two.  This AM I received the email and am moving forward with next step (chose an agent quickly, now waiting up to 2 weeks for the invoice).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

hey guys, I have submitted all of my NVC paperwork for both my husband and I online 9 days ago to the T... does it really take up to 2 months for the NVC to review and accept all documents to schedule the interview overseas? Has anyone received their interview date in less time?

HI all,

We are still waiting to get the I- 130 approved :(  This is so frustrating!  They received our completed application Sept 15 2017 ( it was originally sent Jan 2017 but our lawyers did not send it correctly and so we wasted all that time between Jan and Sept- makes me want to cry!!)

I'm looking for suggestions on what to say if I call USCIS at this point?  It seems like some people have had successful outcomes after calling?  Do I just keep saying that this is an unreasonable time frame and that I want to speak to a supervisor?

thanks!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.