Sherlock23

Traveling to the Philippines

27 posts in this topic

Just now, Hank_ said:

Good question!!     Wife may need to carry a copy of the marriage certificate (if she didn't renew her passport in her married name) as I bet the birth certificate shows her married name.

(I need to get more coffee, I am slow this morning.. :lol: )

Morning, are you in the Philippines na? Yeah hopefully if she does have her maiden name then she needs to display the marriage certificate as soon as you get to immigration. If not then we will have a repeat of that couple a couple weeks ago when she was denied to leave to go back to the USA because she didn't display her marriage certificate.

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

Morning, are you in the Philippines na? Yeah hopefully if she does have her maiden name then she needs to display the marriage certificate as soon as you get to immigration. If not then we will have a repeat of that couple a couple weeks ago when she was denied to leave to go back to the USA because she didn't display her marriage certificate.

She traveled with my daughter last year with her passport in her maiden name. So we got a ticket in her maiden name, She procrastinates updating her passport with her married name (we haven't reported our marriage, we have been married for quite some time). She ends up bringing a lot of documents with her whenever she travels. I was really hoping we can get a one way ticket, but we might end up buying a throw away ticket for both of them. Cebu Pac wont let me book a ticket just for a minor. ^_^

1 minute ago, Sherlock23 said:

She traveled with my daughter last year with her passport in her maiden name. So we got a ticket in her maiden name, She procrastinates updating her passport with her married name (we haven't reported our marriage, we have been married for quite some time). She ends up bringing a lot of documents with her whenever she travels. I was really hoping we can get a one way ticket, but we might end up buying a throw away ticket for both of them. Cebu Pac wont let me book a ticket just for a minor. ^_^

Ok, so you know the deal then and you should be good. How long is they looking to stay there because the BB visa allows for a 1 year stay. 

Edited by cyberfx1024

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Yup, I be lounging (dodging typhoon rains)  here in the Phils for another month or so, get back just in time for serious fall weather.

(ya that gal a couple weeks ago could have saved some grief by pulling out her marriage certificate)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, Hank_ said:

Yup, I be lounging (dodging typhoon rains)  here in the Phils for another month or so, get back just in time for serious fall weather.

(ya that gal a couple weeks ago could have saved some grief by pulling out her marriage certificate)

Where in the Philippines are you na? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sherlock23 said:

Don't need a throw away for your wife.. waste of money.

Complete ROM can still be done, they do request a letter stating why you filed ROM late... (make up a sad story ;)  :lol: ) 

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

Where in the Philippines are you na? 

Taguig  across from the airport almost.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ok, so you know the deal then and you should be good. How long is they looking to stay there because the BB visa allows for a 1 year stay. 

3 to 4 months. To make sure, so she needs to bring our marriage cert, my daughter's birth cert and her green card? Is there more she needs to bring?

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Complete ROM can still be done, they do request a letter stating why you filed ROM late... (make up a sad story ;)  :lol: ) 

Yeah I made up some BS excuse why we did ROM late and they took it. 

Taguig huh? I try to get out of Metro Manila as soon as possible. So we usually fly down to Davao the same day we usually get into MM. 

Just now, Sherlock23 said:

3 to 4 months. To make sure, so she needs to bring our marriage cert, my daughter's birth cert and her green card? Is there more she needs to bring?

That is it sir, also make sure SHE SHOWS THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE at IMMIGRATION. 

4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I can't think of a good excuse for reporting it more than half a decade late :unsure:, but will surely do before she leaves. 

Have a great time in the Philippines!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sherlock23 said:

I can't think of a good excuse for reporting it more than half a decade late :unsure:, but will surely do before she leaves. 

Have a great time in the Philippines!

Only reason I can think of is she can get her passport in her married name.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

16 hours ago, Hank_ said:

I just got back to the states on Monday from Pateros.  I spent a lot of time in Taguig.  I hope you didn't get too wet from the rains yesterday!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Ya if you are going to Market-Market or Titanic mall (Aura)  you are hanging in Taguig.  Venice is in Taguig also..

Rain came down good for a time, but no flooding in our area.. high ground.  ;)  

Are y'all done or you still waiting on processes?  (sorry hard to keep tabs, you timeline is lagging behind  :lol: ) 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.