Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Going through said:

It is ridiculous how long some people have to wait now just to be scheduled into an interview.

Atrocious! It really is so unfair. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

18 minutes ago, GrowingPlants said:

They transferred cases to Newark.

They need to do that with the Manhattan office as well. It has 30,000 pending cases! It's out of control. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

13 minutes ago, N400NYC said:

They need to do that with the Manhattan office as well. It has 30,000 pending cases! It's out of control. 

That’s exactly what my lawyer said. It was just their opinion.

I dunno who made the decision about Brooklyn, but I wish that person would magically check Manhattan’s office report and would make another of this decision. 

I fell your pain. You can’t imagine what I am missing with my case being postponed!..

I think about it every day and I wish there would be one person with power big enough to take some actions to ease the office from all of its backlogs. 

1 hour ago, GrowingPlants said:

That’s exactly what my lawyer said. It was just their opinion.

I dunno who made the decision about Brooklyn, but I wish that person would magically check Manhattan’s office report and would make another of this decision. 

I fell your pain. You can’t imagine what I am missing with my case being postponed!..

I think about it every day and I wish there would be one person with power big enough to take some actions to ease the office from all of its backlogs. 

I think about this every day as well. I feel like my life is "on hold" until this is resolved and over with!

I am serious though about the idea of contacting members of Congress. It is a senator's responsibility to respond to legitimate concerns raised by constituents and their website's have a feature whereby you can submit a request (for assistance) in relation to your experience with a federal agency. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

1 hour ago, N400NYC said:

I am serious though about the idea of contacting members of Congress. It is a senator's responsibility to respond to legitimate concerns raised by constituents and their website's have a feature whereby you can submit a request (for assistance) in relation to your experience with a federal agency. 

I like how you think. Moreover, you’re so much better than me regarding transferring your thoughts into words. 

I would not be able to do the phrasing to create a very convincing letter for the politicians .

Please let me know if you decide to go for it.

I feel like we need a Manhattan-specific thread given what we are dealing with in regards to the Manhattan field office is different from what is going on in Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island etc. Anyone else agree?

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

What does, "You attended your interview" mean? I attended my Interview today at the Federal Plaza, and all went very smooth. The IO was an amazing person and she really was cool with the whole process. Upon completing the interview, she said Congratulations.

Now ever since the interview and until now, my case status show "You attended your interview" and hasn't changed. Many users have gotten a  better response with the case status and mine says this. Something I should worry about?

I thought the journey is over but still seems nerve-racking. 

On 5/23/2019 at 4:39 PM, GrowingPlants said:

I like how you think. Moreover, you’re so much better than me regarding transferring your thoughts into words. 

I would not be able to do the phrasing to create a very convincing letter for the politicians .

Please let me know if you decide to go for it.

I will definitely be doing it. I am just waiting for my 5 year date to hit. I am still in the 90 day pre-qualifying period. Once that's over, I am going to be writing some letters! 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I have my interview scheduled for June 11th, but the updated estimated case completion time is now at November 2019?? It was originally August 2019. Has anyone had this? I thought it would only be a month after my interview to get my oath provided everything goes smoothly.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:11 PM, mrock27 said:

I have my interview scheduled for June 11th, but the updated estimated case completion time is now at November 2019?? It was originally August 2019. Has anyone had this? I thought it would only be a month after my interview to get my oath provided everything goes smoothly.

9 hours ago, HanhChi said:

Hi mrock27,

Same for me. My original completion time has been changed from August to November. I have no idea what it really means as my interview is just 2 days away. It would be absurd if we have to wait for like 5 months for the oath ceremony!

That wouldn't matter anymore since you already have the interview scheduled. I would rather focus more on studying the civic test. Good luck to you both.

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

13 hours ago, Lemon23 said:

That wouldn't matter anymore since you already have the interview scheduled. I would rather focus more on studying the civic test. Good luck to you both.

Thank you! What you said makes sense. I just can’t wait to finish this journey.

I walked in the Brooklyn field office at 26 Federal Plaza this morning for the interview. The wait was long, almost 1 and a half hour. The interview itself was simple and straightforward. The IO was very nice. First, she asked if I wanted to provide more evidence. So I gave her our most recent tax return. Then she asked me some questions, mostly to verify the information from my application. Finally I was asked to do the civic test, which included answering 6 questions, reading one sentence and write 2 sentences. The IO then congratulated me on passing the test and informed me that a letter about the oath ceremony would be sent to me by the end of this month. Good luck to those of you who are waiting for the interview!

Edited by HanhChi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
31 minutes ago, HanhChi said:

I walked in the Brooklyn field office at 26 Federal Plaza this morning for the interview. The wait was long, almost 1 and a half hour. The interview itself was simple and straightforward. The IO was very nice. First, she asked if I wanted to provide more evidence. So I gave her our most recent tax return. Then she asked me some questions, mostly to verify the information from my application. Finally I was asked to do the civic test, which included answering 6 questions, reading one sentence and write 2 sentences. The IO then congratulated me on passing the test and informed me that a letter about the oath ceremony would be sent to me by the end of this month. Good luck to those of you who are waiting for the interview!

Congratulations!! I had my interview on the 23rd of last month and I passed it as well. However, I still haven't received my oath letter yet and my USCIS online status still shows, " You have attended your interview.."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.