787 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

DACA should never have been enacted the way it was. On this point I'll stand by that any day. When we allow one president to enact his will through EO simply because his politics align with ours, we open the door for future leaders we don't agree with--to do the same. On this front, it is an attack on American liberty, slowly and over time. I certainly don't blame Obama for this, as the groundwork for this was laid a long time ago. Not only was it a complete overreach of Presidential power, it was also extremely cruel to give these people false hope and put them in a worse predicament when an opposing political power took over.

That part is said and done. Hopefully now, everyone is aware of the dangers the overreach in power EOs can create. Moving forward, I hope Congress does their job to protect these young people who are American whether you like it or not. Their parents.... well. I'm at a moral crossroads when it comes to their parents. I don't think we should further criminalize parents wanting to escape turmoil to give their kids a better life, but that involves a lot of global cooperation to fix. Perhaps if we help stimulate the economies of other countries, rather than keeping most of the world's wealth to ourselves... people won't feel the need to escape. Humans like to make big messes for future generations to deal with.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

4 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

It could be seen as more of a slam towards your wife's culture than actually funny.  To some, I suppose.

It's ok!  Liberals are allowed to make racist jokes.  I'm used to it by now. 

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Just now, jayjayj said:

It's ok!  Liberals are allowed to make racist jokes.  I'm used to it by now. 

Distress%20radio.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Wild said:

DACA should never have been enacted the way it was. On this point I'll stand by that any day. When we allow one president to enact his will through EO simply because his politics align with ours, we open the door for future leaders we don't agree with--to do the same. On this front, it is an attack on American liberty, slowly and over time. I certainly don't blame Obama for this, as the groundwork for this was laid a long time ago. Not only was it a complete overreach of Presidential power, it was also extremely cruel to give these people false hope and put them in a worse predicament when an opposing political power took over.

That part is said and done. Hopefully now, everyone is aware of the dangers the overreach in power EOs can create. Moving forward, I hope Congress does their job to protect these young people who are American whether you like it or not. Their parents.... well. I'm at a moral crossroads when it comes to their parents. I don't think we should further criminalize parents wanting to escape turmoil to give their kids a better life, but that involves a lot of global cooperation to fix. Perhaps if we help stimulate the economies of other countries, rather than keeping most of the world's wealth to ourselves... people won't feel the need to escape. Humans like to make big messes for future generations to deal with.

Image result

https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/every-presidents-executive-actions-in-one-chart/

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Wild said:

Yea... The govt immediately realized how screwed we are when we restrict the agricultural worker programs. That's what I'm saying... restriction of programs like that is one of the reasons we have 11mil illegally present people. Please Google a bit more, states invidially have tossed around the idea of cleaning house with these laborers. It doesn't benefit anyone.

Not knowing your story, I do not know your circumstances. And I am very glad both you and your wife are here, hopefully in better conditions than in the past. It does strike me as hypocritical that you would want to shut the door on those behind you though. We currently have a very biased way of processing those coming from MENA countries, if we let them in at all. As for your last question... you said Google was your bff, use it. What problems did we help cause and now are shutting our doors to? Google "Syrian refugees".

I am well aware of the agricultural worker program because where I grew up in NC everybody did Tobacco farming and used guest workers to do it. It used to be done before the 80's by Americans but it's now all done by guest workers due to the pay. I have done it for one summer when I was 14 because my mom sweet talked a farmer into giving us a job for the summer so she didn't have to pay anyone to watch us, but we had to work for guest worker wages, and it was NOT fun at all. 

I will give you the benefit of the doubt because your a new comer here in the Great and YUGE CHEST subforum of Visajourney. I am born here in the USA, in fact my family has lived in VA and NC since before the USA was founded, my ancestor came here as an indentured servant in the 1660's. I was in the military and went to a number of countries in the MENA region, then I got out and lived there for another 4+ years as well. 

I did bring my wife here from the Philippines, and she is a PR now. I am not about shutting the doors to immigrants at all, in fact I want them to come in the front door and not the back or in through the windows. We do have a biased way of thinking and doing things immigration wise concerning the MENA region, but it is that way for a reason and if you want I can help you understand alittle more of it as whole. It is not about a particular religion or people, but it is about keeping us safe and out of harm's way. 

We did not cause the Syrian Civil War at all, if you read up on the Dynamics and Demographics of Syria you would understand that. Yes, we did play a part in aiding some groups during the civil war. It boggles my mine how we did that because it was completely asinine at the very least because the CIA was funding/supplying a couple groups over here and the DOD was funding/supplying a couple groups over there. All the while those groups were at war with each other not just Daesh or the Assad Regime. But alas that civil war is at the beginning of the final stage of it, and Assad looks like he will come out to be the victor in it all. 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, smilesammich said:

and that's where daca comes in. this really isn't as hard as you're making it..

Except as has been pointed out several times, DACA is not a law, nor is it a solution to the problem of what to do with the 10-35 year olds involved.  Pretty easy to understand.  (For some)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jayjayj said:

Did we direct the Syrian President to use chemical weapons on his own people? No, but then we must have ordered ISIS to invade northern Syria? No, then we definitely must have forced Russia to bomb innocent Syrians?

Was this a serious set of questions? You know the problem started further back yes? Which is the issue with this debate in general. The problems don't start when the immigrant crosses the border illegally. They're crossing the border illegally (or staying after being here already) because of root causes such as:

Let's take Mexico and the cartels--

*Americans want drugs.

*Drugs and/or necessary ingredients grow in places South of the border.

*"Bad hombres" take advantage of the situation and provide the consumer with the product it wants.

*Americans buy the drugs in disproportionate numbers than anywhere else.

*Cartels grow and fight each other,  like bad guys tend to do. No Batman or Captain America in sight... *sigh*

*Politicians Take advantage of the situation... elect me! I will solve all the problemz! Haha jk jk jk the cartel leaders are my friends, you're all screwed. 

*War ensues... but not a politically correct perfectly packaged type of war, they did this to themselves after all, shame on all those drug dealing South of the border peeps.

*America--criminalize the citizens for fleeing! But like... still give us the drugs guys, come on now don't be difficult.

Pro tip: Switch out "cartels" with "lobbyists" and you've got yourself a democracy.

USCIS

1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I have said previously on here as well he(Trump) did not want to rescind it at all. But he is playing a Chess game and using DACA as piece in order to get the Raise Act approved. Which more than likely will give DACA PR status and not the temporary like they have now. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Trump make this move recently because he was given a deadline by some senators that threatened to sue him or something if he didn't take action?

Timeline
Just now, IDWAF said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Trump make this move recently because he was given a deadline by some senators that threatened to sue him or something if he didn't take action?

Yes

USCIS

17 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i think anyone who has been through the process understands that we need immigration reform. we need more legal avenues for people that want to come here, bring their families and build a good life. i believe immigrants add to our country, not take away. and i don't much care for just looking to accept the 'brightest and best'same as i don't believe in only the 'brightest and the best' being the only citizens permitted to reproduce. 

as always, corruption within immigration starts at the very top - with the untouchable businesses who hire cheap labor and suffer no consequences. instead of deporting, we should be going after the people who have been paying for cheap labor and profiting off of poor 'illegals'. i certainly don't believe that anyone brought here as a child should be deported or punished for their parents actions. if their parents have been here making a productive life under the radar - i see no need to deport them. i think that us citizens/corporations/businesses should be allowed to 'sponsor' the immigration of anyone of their choosing, not just spouses..so long as that person is not a criminal threat.

and i think the raise act is utter garbage, if you couldn't figure that out from my opinions above.

You do know that the US allows over 1 million people to immigrate every year legally right? 

I believe we should do a multi prong attack at illegal immigration. I believe that we should deport Illegals living here at not under the DACA program AND go after the employers as well, impose harsh penalties and fines on the business employing illegal workers. 

We need to accept the brightest and best people for the High Skill worker visa or else all the poor people of the world will want to come and live here. I think the whole sponsor process can be expedited as whole, but it still should only be family members. 

Edited by cyberfx1024

1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Under the Obama Administration they were using the figures of people  caught at the border and sent back as deportations to help pad the numbers. When in reality they were not deportations at all. 

Reminds me of a time when they quit counting people who had been unemployed for more than 6 months as unemployed.  When they did this, the unemployment rate dropped!!

Timeline

I think everyone on this forum can agree that the immigration process is hard, stressfully long, invasive, expensive, and sometimes you do everything the right way and you are denied because of silly little thing. I am all for making this process more attainable and better for the people who want to come here and contribute to our society in a positive way. If you want to come here and pay taxes for my kid to go to school, and you're not going to hurt us... I want that process to be easier for you to do "the right way".

USCIS

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

You do know that the US allows over 1 million people to immigrate every year legally right? 

I believe we should do a multi prong attack at illegal immigration. I believe that we should deport Illegals living here at not under the DACA program AND go after the employers as well, impose harsh penalties and fines on the business employing illegal workers. 

We need to accept the brightest and best people for the High Skill worker visa or else all the poor people of the world will want to come and live here. 

yes.

attacking illegal immigration is not immigration reform - which is what you were asking about.

oh no! not icky poor people!

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Wild said:

Was this a serious set of questions? You know the problem started further back yes? Which is the issue with this debate in general. The problems don't start when the immigrant crosses the border illegally. They're crossing the border illegally (or staying after being here already) because of root causes such as:

Let's take Mexico and the cartels--

*Americans want drugs.

*Drugs and/or necessary ingredients grow in places South of the border.

*"Bad hombres" take advantage of the situation and provide the consumer with the product it wants.

*Americans buy the drugs in disproportionate numbers than anywhere else.

*Cartels grow and fight each other,  like bad guys tend to do. No Batman or Captain America in sight... *sigh*

*Politicians Take advantage of the situation... elect me! I will solve all the problemz! Haha jk jk jk the cartel leaders are my friends, you're all screwed. 

*War ensues... but not a politically correct perfectly packaged type of war, they did this to themselves after all, shame on all those drug dealing South of the border peeps.

*America--criminalize the citizens for fleeing! But like... still give us the drugs guys, come on now don't be difficult.

Pro tip: Switch out "cartels" with "lobbyists" and you've got yourself a democracy.

Why are you switching the subject? We are talking about Syria because YOU brought it up but now you are trying to bring up Mexico. 

Just now, Mrs. Wild said:

I think everyone on this forum can agree that the immigration process is hard, stressfully long, invasive, expensive, and sometimes you do everything the right way and you are denied because of silly little thing. I am all for making this process more attainable and better for the people who want to come here and contribute to our society in a positive way. If you want to come here and pay taxes for my kid to go to school, and you're not going to hurt us... I want that process to be easier for you to do "the right way".

agreed.