787 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

you give trump way too much credit. i doubt the man could hang with a game of checkers. 

you should reread that huffpo article. i never made any claim about obama deporting more than or the most..i said he deported a ton. which he did. contrary to all the 'gimmie muh gun, obummer's done opened up all tha borders' nonsense.

How many illegal immigrants make up "a ton"?  

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

There is a decline in Illegal Immigration from Mexico because they see that there is an actual MAN in the White House and not a community organizer. So they can't just come here and be given free rein anymore. Also last I heard the Mexican economy ain't doing so hot anymore either, so it's about time for that wall to be built.

I am not racist at all even though I have been called that twice this past week. I have mixed race kids that get confused to be Mexican all the time because of their skin color by other Mexicans. So how can I be racist against my children?

I'm sorry, what sex was Obama?  An actual MAN?

by the way, this MAN you speak of seems to want to have some sort of comprehensive immigration reform as of late

I did skim through it and alittle after that paragraph I put on here it started getting to thick in the weeds for me to read and not scream.

fyi, it doesn't prove the point you're trying to make. obama deported tons of people. my statement stands.

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Wild said:

We need comprehensive reform and cooperation between the two neighboring countries this issue is largely about. Immigrants come from all over the world, legal or otherwise. But we all know this debate is *mostly* about Mexican immigrants. It helps our economy "bigly" when Mexico's economy is prosperous as well.  There is also a decline in illegal immigration from Mexico, when the two countries cooperate: worker programs, immigration policies that don't aim to restrict on a racial basis, etc. If you want the illegal immigrants to stay in their countries, support policies that allow them to come and go. Supporting policies to try to shut them out, has the complete opposite effect. Sure, you can deport 2mil... a drop in the bucket when 11mil are here. 

The ONLY people that keep talking about "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" are the people advocating open borders and how we should just amnesty everyone. That is a fact.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, jayjayj said:

There is currently a decline in illegal immigration due to the policies of the current adminstration.

Did you really just post something supporting illegal immigration through open borders?

Deport 11 million then, why stop at 2 million.

1. The current administration has not been around long enough for us to be able to correlate properly.

2. No, I am saying if you want illegal immigrants to stay out--that's the way to do it. I am not personally in favor of open borders willy nilly.  And honestly, I think the migration patterns of people (illegal or not), is not the place to start the conversation. It is far more relevant to start at the beginning, what causes people of certain areas to risk the migration and--certain discrimination they will face. That is where this debate should begin.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The ONLY people that keep talking about "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" are the people advocating open borders and how we should just amnesty everyone. That is a fact.

Not necessarily. This implies the idea of reform is the same for everyone. I'm saying, bring it into the 21st century. Our immigration system is beyond outdated.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

fyi, it doesn't prove the point you're trying to make. obama deported tons of people. my statement stands.

How many is that?

3/10/2013 - Married

05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)

Naturalization Process

02/14/2015 - NOA

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Just now, smilesammich said:

Your statement is ridiculous at best. Just because someone gets turned back at the border it does not mean that they are deported, it just means they got turned back. But by Obama's numbers and policies they are deported, which they were padded to make him look better to the right. 

2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I am not racist at all even though I have been called that twice this past week. I have mixed race kids that get confused to be Mexican all the time because of their skin color by other Mexicans. So how can I be racist against my children?

how are you going to feel when your kids grow up and are adults and racially profiled? what if they live somewhere with an awesome sheriff like the 'good guy' arpaio who rounds 'hispanic looking' people up and detains them at his whim? are you raising your kids to always carry their papers? they're american citizens so they shouldn't even need papers, correct? asking these questions isn't insinuating that you're racist, it's just this is what 'people who look mexican' have to deal with in this country. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Wild said:

1. The current administration has not been around long enough for us to be able to correlate properly.

2. No, I am saying if you want illegal immigrants to stay out--that's the way to do it. I am not personally in favor of open borders willy nilly.  And honestly, I think the migration patterns of people (illegal or not), is not the place to start the conversation. It is far more relevant to start at the beginning, what causes people of certain areas to risk the migration and--certain discrimination they will face. That is where this debate should begin.

I agree.  Employment draws them here.  So, we go after the employers of illegal immigrants.  Real jail time.  

3/10/2013 - Married

Naturalization Process

02/14/2015 - NOA

1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Your statement is ridiculous at best. Just because someone gets turned back at the border it does not mean that they are deported, it just means they got turned back. But by Obama's numbers and policies they are deported, which they were padded to make him look better to the right. 

just because some of the counted include those turned away at the border, does not mean obama didn't deport anybody. i don't think obama cared much about 'looking good' to the right. that's ridiculous

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Teddy B said:

For most it is about discrimination and/or hostility. There's really no other way to explain why someone would be against DACA without being discriminant to the people in the program and/or hostile by wanting to tear their families apart and send these people away from the only country they've ever really known all the while through no fault of their own.

In that case I guess we need open boarders.  There are stories on this site of people receiving NOIDs, or deportation orders for whatever reason, were they discriminated against?  Doesn't DACA itself tear families apart if the parents are deported, but the DACA applicants are allowed to stay?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

how are you going to feel when your kids grow up and are adults and racially profiled? what if they live somewhere with an awesome sheriff like the 'good guy' arpaio who rounds 'hispanic looking' people up and detains them at his whim? are you raising your kids to always carry their papers? they're american citizens so they shouldn't even need papers, correct? asking these questions isn't insinuating that you're racist, it's just this is what 'people who look mexican' have to deal with in this country. 

The emotion of it!  

3/10/2013 - Married

Naturalization Process

02/14/2015 - NOA

Just now, smilesammich said:

just because some of the counted include those turned away at the border, does not mean obama didn't deport anybody. i don't think obama cared much about 'looking good' to the right. that's ridiculous

But you said he deported "tons".  Tons is a lot of people.  How many exactly?

3/10/2013 - Married

Naturalization Process

02/14/2015 - NOA