787 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Teddy B said:

No we don't need open borders, i've never said anything of the sort.

I believe you are comparing apples to oranges here Bill. Were said people who were "deported for whatever reason" brought here as children by their parents or other adults or did they enter the country of their volition?

Where in DACA does it say the parents are to be deported?

Don't our current immigration laws call for their deportation?  I seem to remember reading a lot of ways my spouse could have gotten deported along the way of our Visa Journey.

2 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

Those are the hard hitting questions that need to be answered. :rofl:

what, that's not a perfectly logical argument???

1 hour ago, IDWAF said:

Do you realize that DACA is what actually might tear their families apart?  Keeping kids here while deporting parents is the very definition of being torn apart.  Sending the kids to their countries of birth with their parents would actually do more to keep the family together (albeit not in a place they WANT to be).  

So say a family of 4 live in an apartment.  The parents choose to buy "stuff" and neglect to pay the rent.  The landlord forgives it for a month or two, but eventually he must either collect rent or kick them out, right?  So he kicks them out that he may get a new renter who actually pays the rent.

Would anyone argue that the kids did nothing wrong, and deserve to stay in the house, that only the parents should be expelled?  Would you, as the incoming renter, be ok with the kids living under your roof?

Yes, I would put them to work in the basement making the new Teddy B fashion line. Gotta have the cheap labor to compete with Ivanka.

2 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Don't our current immigration laws call for their deportation?  I seem to remember reading a lot of ways my spouse could have gotten deported along the way of our Visa Journey.

Why are you answering a question with another question that has nothing to do with the original question asked?

Edited by Teddy B

Just now, Teddy B said:

Yes, I would put them to work in the basement making the new Teddy B fashion line. Gotta have the cheap labor to compete with Ivanka.

:o

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

:o

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Trump: "I'm going to bring back all those jobs from China.  I can promise you that!!!  I'm going to make America GREAT again before I'm impeached!!!"

1 minute ago, Tahoma said:

Trump: "I'm going to bring back all those jobs from China.  I can promise you that!!!  I'm going to make America GREAT again before I'm impeached!!!"

why bring in foreigners when you can afford to own foreigners abroad?!

1 hour ago, Mrs. Wild said:

The kind of restrictive policies that target people based on what they look like.  For example, the "show me your paper" policies that keep failing, the disaster that happens when we restrict Mexican laborers from coming here to work and then realize Americans don't want to pick fruit 12hrs a day in hot weather. 

We like to help cause problems worldwide, but then we also like to close our doors to those in need. It's NIMBYism on a national scale.

As to point 1, the only way I ever see the paper policies working is if we give up something we have long taken for granted, the lack of a need to show them ourselves.  We would all have to carry required documents (such as a passport or similar ID, but something that is state or federally funded, cue the "poor people can't afford it argument), because right now, the lack of proof of citizenship is the norm and does nothing to prove someone is an illegal alien.

As to point #2, I think the US is pretty good at helping out, as well as causing problems.  Let's be fair.

58 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

I would like to hear how it's "tragically flawed".  I can see what he means, just as I can see why it's inhumane to deport the kids.  But I'd like to hear your slant on how his opinion is wrong, please.

You answered the question in your own post. His reasoning is flawed because he doesn't believe it is inhumane to deport the kids. It absolutely IS inhumane to deport these kids/adults that qualify for DACA.

6 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

why bring in foreigners when you can afford to own foreigners abroad?!

I'm thinking of putting Jacque in charge of my Teddy B fashion line factories overseas. He's got an eye for fashion and really knows how to motivate the kids!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

As to point #2, I think the US is pretty good at helping out, as well as causing problems.  Let's be fair.

Agreed to some extent. I honestly think we end up causing more problems when we try to "help" sometimes. The American people themselves--yes.

Carrying around proof of legal status, sure if everyone was required to do this--but as it stands, it has only led to racial profiling. 

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

57 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i get it, it's about obama. uninteresting.

Except I didn't say anything about Obama.  I said DACA was never a means to an end (such as LPR status for the kids we are discussing), and that's a fact.  Wouldn't matter if Trump, Mickey Mouse, or you put it into play.  

51 minutes ago, Mrs. Wild said:

Yes

Thank you.  Sort of negates the claim here in CEHST that the president did it because he is racist and/or xenophobic.  More like he was between a rock and a hard place, and bought himself some time by kicking the can down the road another 6 months, in the hopes that law makers can sort it out.  Here's hoping...

20 minutes ago, Tahoma said:

President Xi: "Don't worry, I can get you a new job.  We have lots of work here."