AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Android and Apple apps are linked in my signature below and once you install and add your information then if there is any movement on your case it will be text to you. Eliminates the need to drive yourself crazy.

thank you i will definitely be downloading to ease my mind  

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ourkindoflove said:

Hi everyone ! We will be filing our paperwork tomorrow and I am super excited ! I'm just curious though last year the processing time was much sooner why is it now 4-5 months 

Nerve wracking, right? Just trying to take our minds off it and thing about other things (like how to plan a wedding on short notice!).  Even though it'll take long, I'm just hoping this is the longest wait and once we get past NOA2, things go smoothly for all of us!

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Over the years the time generally fluctuates up and down, getting up to 6 months, give or take, for the NOA 2, then dropping down to around 3 months.  It seems their standard crew isn't quite enough to handle the load coming in, so the times grow, then they move staff to focus on the K-1 and the backlog drops quickly, ultimately building back up.  For years it goes up and down and up and down.  I've watched it off and on for around 6 years now.  Those who send petitions when the backlog is at 3 months are sometimes very disappointed when the times grow, and some see it go the other way, surprised when the expect 6 then the times drop quickly.  Those counting on 5 months right now could see 6, or could see 3.  I'd always suggest that folks plan 6 months, then be happy if it's faster.  We tell people 5 months now but who knows if the processing times will stay the same or increase or decrease.  5 months is likely wrong for those filing now, but impossible to tell which way things will go.  It's rough thinking 150 days right now.. but it could get worse (I've seen it happen). 

Just sit back, try to stay busy doing other things.  In the scheme of life, these few months might be painful right now but just a bump in a road that hopefully goes on and on for years.  Frankly I was "saved" from a bad deal years ago when my fiancee's true colors came out mid-process.  I was lucky the process was over 4 months because that's when the truth came out.  I've learned the value of patience.

Best of luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, Grant PDX said:

Over the years the time generally fluctuates up and down, getting up to 6 months, give or take, for the NOA 2, then dropping down to around 3 months.  It seems their standard crew isn't quite enough to handle the load coming in, so the times grow, then they move staff to focus on the K-1 and the backlog drops quickly, ultimately building back up.  For years it goes up and down and up and down.  I've watched it off and on for around 6 years now.  Those who send petitions when the backlog is at 3 months are sometimes very disappointed when the times grow, and some see it go the other way, surprised when the expect 6 then the times drop quickly.  Those counting on 5 months right now could see 6, or could see 3.  I'd always suggest that folks plan 6 months, then be happy if it's faster.  We tell people 5 months now but who knows if the processing times will stay the same or increase or decrease.  5 months is likely wrong for those filing now, but impossible to tell which way things will go.  It's rough thinking 150 days right now.. but it could get worse (I've seen it happen). 

Just sit back, try to stay busy doing other things.  In the scheme of life, these few months might be painful right now but just a bump in a road that hopefully goes on and on for years.  Frankly I was "saved" from a bad deal years ago when my fiancee's true colors came out mid-process.  I was lucky the process was over 4 months because that's when the truth came out.  I've learned the value of patience.

Best of luck to everyone!

Great advice and your personal experience shared with other will help others. Thank you.

3 hours ago, AntoinetteB said:

thank you i will definitely be downloading to ease my mind  

:thumbs: YW

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey other sept filers, 

We filed ours on the 17th - does anyone have an estimate for how long we should expect the NOA1 to take? I tracked the USPS delivery and it made it to the PO box a few days after (wednesday) but the money is still in my fiancé's account. Any September filers that filed earlier that can give me an idea? Thanks and good luck :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

Hey other sept filers, 

We filed ours on the 17th - does anyone have an estimate for how long we should expect the NOA1 to take? I tracked the USPS delivery and it made it to the PO box a few days after (wednesday) but the money is still in my fiancé's account. Any September filers that filed earlier that can give me an idea? Thanks and good luck :) 

You should have him check his account either tomorrow or Tuesday morning. That's how I found out. I sent mine on the 1st and it arrived on the 5th due to the holiday. On the 7th I checked my account during the day and nothing had been withdrawn. Friday morning I checked at 7am and had an email from my bank stating the large withdraw and when I checked the account it had the USCIS draft. Later that day (8th) I received the text and email and the NOA1 arrived on the 14th. 

:wub:

Petition Mailed – 09/01/2017

USCIS Received – 09/05/2017

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

USCIS Approved – 03/02/2018

Received NOA2 – 03/07/2018

NVC Received – 03/20/2018

Case # Assigned – 04/02/2018

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Embassy Received (Showing "Ready") – 04/05/2018

Interview – July 12, 2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lovelise26 said:

You should have him check his account either tomorrow or Tuesday morning. That's how I found out. I sent mine on the 1st and it arrived on the 5th due to the holiday. On the 7th I checked my account during the day and nothing had been withdrawn. Friday morning I checked at 7am and had an email from my bank stating the large withdraw and when I checked the account it had the USCIS draft. Later that day (8th) I received the text and email and the NOA1 arrived on the 14th. 

Thanks! 

17 hours ago, Mrsjackson said:

Hey other sept filers, 

About 3-4 weeks for NOA1 but some have been sooner.

If you go back through some of the postings here in this forum, and look in their signature box or at the bottom of their posting you will get a glimpse of their timelines. Also, if you create a timeline and their is a box just above the information on the left column that says "show similar timelines" and if you select that you will be taken to a page that shows about 10 ppl that are near or close to your processing dates and you can see what they are experiencing.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

About 3-4 weeks for NOA1 but some have been sooner.

If you go back through some of the postings here in this forum, and look in their signature box or at the bottom of their posting you will get a glimpse of their timelines. Also, if you create a timeline and their is a box just above the information on the left column that says "show similar timelines" and if you select that you will be taken to a page that shows about 10 ppl that are near or close to your processing dates and you can see what they are experiencing.  

Thank you! We just got the text today so they've got our forms :) 

I do need to fill out my timeline I'll do that asap! 

2 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

Thank you! We just got the text today so they've got our forms :) 

I do need to fill out my timeline I'll do that asap! 

That's great news. Now more waiting. 

Filling in your timeline is fun. Gives you a sense of belonging to the VJ community as you share your thoughts and accomplishments.  Make sure you go to the bottom of your profile and list the country so your flag appears. This gives us added information to help you.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

my package arrived now im awaiting my NOA1 :wacko::(

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hello September!
We sent our package June 27. But we had problems.
:clock:We waited very long, 3 months, to receive our NOA1. And yesterday we received our NOA1. 

Good luck to all, I really hope that we will be lucky with you, and we will all be happy soon.

Ни головы ни ножек

27 June 2017               i-129f sent from Moscow
14 July 2017                Texas Service Center

14 September 2017    California Service Center
21 September 2017    NOA1 Received Date
25 September 2017    NOA1 email/text confirmation

01 October 2017          NOA1 hardcopy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi fellow September filers! :D 

We just received our NOA1 yesterday and the waiting game begins. Hoping for a smooth and fast approval for all our NOA2. Good luck and God Bless to everyone! :innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.