AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Can't help but notice during the whole commotion on the Sept 1 debacle and the down of the USCIS website, our Sept filers forum is probably the most quiet!

Anyway, any one here feels that this stupidly long delay in K1 process is causing a strain on their relationship?

Cos that's how I feel. We're trying to hold on and be positive but some days, it's just so hard!

I have booked tickets to go over to the US for a short 3 weeks visit but even January seem so far away. 

It's gonna be a cold lonely quiet holiday this December.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BK&MC said:

Can't help but notice during the whole commotion on the Sept 1 debacle and the down of the USCIS website, our Sept filers forum is probably the most quiet!

Anyway, any one here feels that this stupidly long delay in K1 process is causing a strain on their relationship?

Cos that's how I feel. We're trying to hold on and be positive but some days, it's just so hard!

I have booked tickets to go over to the US for a short 3 weeks visit but even January seem so far away. 

Staying away from the forum is a way to deal with it because too much action around makes some anxious..

i dont don't have a problem with my relationship but I hate the reality that I cannot quit my job and that is making me extra stressed....

trying to plan the wedding instead so I can think of the good that will come out of this😊

Im using a countdown app that makes me really relaxed seeing the days getting closer

@Swissmiss82 So good to have you back. My fiancé left about a week ago, but we just finally decided on our Christmas/New Year's trip so I'm in a good spirit. Just passed 60 days of waiting now. 

@jackyjimenez I'm sure it won't be a problem as long as you bring some proof of ties to Costa Rica. It'd obviously be contradictory to say you're not intending to marry, if the question is asked, but I hope the CBP officers don't take us for fools - it would be so utterly stupid, after this whole process, to just stick around illegally with so much at stake. 

I guess I always wondered though how people got the letter from their employer saying they're expected back, in English. Does it not raise even the tiniest bit of suspicion from your boss? 

h

1 hour ago, Naes said:

Staying away from the forum is a way to deal with it because too much action around makes some anxious..

i dont don't have a problem with my relationship but I hate the reality that I cannot quit my job and that is making me extra stressed....

trying to plan the wedding instead so I can think of the good that will come out of this😊

Im using a countdown app that makes me really relaxed seeing the days getting closer

Hehe, far from staying away from the forum, I've been lurking in others such as the May June July, even October and November forum for some action.

Relationship is not in peril per se, it's just neither of us have any patience.

We just wanna be together, yet we feel so helpless. It gets depressing.

When I try to be positive and cheer him up, he takes it that I'm okay and the wait doesn't bother me, like I don't care.

But if I delve into it like him, then I'll go negative and crazy myself too.

At least now we have something to look forward to. January cannot come sooner. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, BK&MC said:

Hehe, far from staying away from the forum, I've been lurking in others such as the May June July, even October and November forum for some action.

Relationship is not in peril per se, it's just neither of us have any patience.

We just wanna be together, yet we feel so helpless. It gets depressing.

When I try to be positive and cheer him up, he takes it that I'm okay and the wait doesn't bother me, like I don't care.

But if I delve into it like him, then I'll go negative and crazy myself too.

At least now we have something to look forward to. January cannot come sooner. 

You did great with those tickets!! January is really not that far 😊

Just continue to support each other... and no sad faces! No sad faces like ever!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

mmmhhhhh!! You all are not alone in this  I am too.  57 days now.  My fiance ( USC)  is getting impatient with the long wait. I was happy with the Sept. fuss but now it seems we can't help but wait all long.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@Naes,   you really doing a nice job.  Have been following you up on May forum. I m glad we have you in September forum.  I believe you can help us all  when it's gets to our(Sept) turn.  More grease to your elbows!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, BK&MC said:

Sometimes I feel it too and feeling so depressed that I want his full attention on me only. 😂 But my man will cheer me up and tell me that we are closer on the days that we will finally be together. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Favvy said:

@Naes,   you really doing a nice job.  Have been following you up on May forum. I m glad we have you in September forum.  I believe you can help us all  when it's gets to our(Sept) turn.  More grease to your elbows!

Thank you.. I am only hoping for things to go back to an order.. unfortunately right now they are going two step forward then one step back again... 

23 hours ago, LizM said:

I guess I always wondered though how people got the letter from their employer saying they're expected back, in English. Does it not raise even the tiniest bit of suspicion from your boss? 

Luckily my boss is quite understanding so I was able to be transparent with him. 

Basically I told him all of my plans when we received our NOA1 so he could find my replacement soon. This was when we naively thought the process would just take 2-3 months. Once we found out about the long dulling wait, I updated my boss again I may be staying longer than I expected, and he told me I can stay as long as I want/can.

When I applied for my visa for this coming January trip, I also have him issue me a Certify Employment letter. I'll have him do another one in January when I'm about to fly just in case if I need it when I enter the US. So all in all, I guess I'm lucky I have a helpful boss.

gosh I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world!!! :D

I talked to my boss and she almost cried when I told her about the move!

so I will work until end of January in the office, and then for the time being until I leave, I can work from home (as I will be moving to my mom's and it's 2 hours away from the office) :D yaaaaaaaay! jackpot jackpot jackpot!

and as if this wasn't enough - I found a newlywed couple to take over my apartment and they are thinking to buy all my furniture as they loved all of it! :D wohoooooooooooo

I feel like everything is falling in place right now, slowly but surely!

now all I need is a little more patience with this process and I'm good hahaha

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

12 hours ago, BK&MC said:

Luckily my boss is quite understanding so I was able to be transparent with him. 

Basically I told him all of my plans when we received our NOA1 so he could find my replacement soon. This was when we naively thought the process would just take 2-3 months. Once we found out about the long dulling wait, I updated my boss again I may be staying longer than I expected, and he told me I can stay as long as I want/can.

When I applied for my visa for this coming January trip, I also have him issue me a Certify Employment letter. I'll have him do another one in January when I'm about to fly just in case if I need it when I enter the US. So all in all, I guess I'm lucky I have a helpful boss.

Sounds like you have a really cool boss. I'm happy you can stay longer at work as well. How did you guys meet by the way? :) You and you fiancé, I mean.

h

5 hours ago, LizM said:

Sounds like you have a really cool boss. I'm happy you can stay longer at work as well. How did you guys meet by the way? :) You and you fiancé, I mean.

He was here for work. His company was sub-contracted to Shell and he was working on 2 months on 1 month off rotation. 

Like the old cliche, we met at a party. Hard to believe that was 3 years ago. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.