AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, GjPaga said:

Hello Fellow September Filers, is it possible to receive an RFE due to your description of how you and your fiancee met to be a little too detailed? My description was a little over one page. Im getting worried because I read somewhere that someone received an rfe because their description was far too detailed. :( 

Mine was two pages

I've read those posts about people saying two pages are too long and may bring a red flag but I don't believe it. Was it toooo detailed or just long with explaining cases you guys met?

mine was 1 paragraph for every trip and how everything happened like an outline.

16 minutes ago, GjPaga said:

Hello Fellow September Filers, is it possible to receive an RFE due to your description of how you and your fiancee met to be a little too detailed? My description was a little over one page. Im getting worried because I read somewhere that someone received an rfe because their description was far too detailed. :( 

I'm not sure why they would request MORE evidence because you gave them a lot of information about your relationship. Do you mean you would get an RFE because they'd somehow doubt the relationship because you were being thorough when applying? Sounds weird to me. 

In our case, my less meticulous other half prepared that part. So needless to say, it was short... If anything then that should call for an RFE :D:rolleyes:

h

Timeline
10 minutes ago, LizM said:

I'm not sure why they would request MORE evidence because you gave them a lot of information about your relationship. Do you mean you would get an RFE because they'd somehow doubt the relationship because you were being thorough when applying? Sounds weird to me. 

In our case, my less meticulous other half prepared that part. So needless to say, it was short... If anything then that should call for an RFE :D:rolleyes:

I think the same way!

Some people were saying too much information may make them not believe cause you're trying too hard.. 

Which would bring a noid not rfe and that could be solved by showing bona fire... which we are back to explaining anyways.

As long as you put enough evidence I don't think it should be a problem.

My less meticulous side tried to make it a paragraph... then I glared... now I have a beautiful outline of how we met and came to the point of wanting to marry 

Edited by Naes

57 minutes ago, Naes said:

Mine was two pages

I've read those posts about people saying two pages are too long and may bring a red flag but I don't believe it. Was it toooo detailed or just long with explaining cases you guys met?

mine was 1 paragraph for every trip and how everything happened like an outline.

I guess mine was too detailed :/  my description looks more like a love story . Im not sure if that would bring a red flag

Timeline
3 minutes ago, GjPaga said:

I guess mine was too detailed :/  my description looks more like a love story . Im not sure if that would bring a red flag

Don't think about it! Because it is not an official red flag or anything! And most likely not?

Are you genuine, yes! You wrote a love story. (Believe me mine too) you wanted to explain why you love and why you decided after that meeting to being engaged and getting married. Most people just answer the question simply as it only asks the circumstances of your meeting. You also explained another (normally asked in the interview question) why or how did you two decided to get married (I think you meant this) if they ask for an rfe you'll send more evidence but for now if you already sent other things like pictures, boarding passes, tickets... you gave them evidence. 

Edited by Naes

44 minutes ago, Naes said:

Don't think about it! Because it is not an official red flag or anything! And most likely not?

Are you genuine, yes! You wrote a love story. (Believe me mine too) you wanted to explain why you love and why you decided after that meeting to being engaged and getting married. Most people just answer the question simply as it only asks the circumstances of your meeting. You also explained another (normally asked in the interview question) why or how did you two decided to get married (I think you meant this) if they ask for an rfe you'll send more evidence but for now if you already sent other things like pictures, boarding passes, tickets... you gave them evidence. 

when we wrote the "how we met" we kept it pretty short, explaining our different steps of the relationship and why we decided to live in the US and no in Switzerland. I mean, after all, we added evidence such as pictures (about 20), copies of 12 flights back and forth, different travel in other places, phone bill copy of every 4th month, etc....

I believe they would give a RFE if your letter is 2 pages and you have 1 picture only and no other evidence (or evidence that they don't see as evidence enough). but not if you have a bunch of other proof for that relationship

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

My fiance is not verbose, he wrote in two lines. The fact that we are in a relationship, which we met in Moscow, flew to rest in Thailand. Attached 10 photos of different period of time, tickets, and all correspondence for the year.

I understand that this is not enough, maybe. But here you will not guess, there is little evidence - it's bad, a lot of evidence is bad. Just hope for a good mood USCIS employees.

And yet, I think we'll get confirmation in March. If earlier, I will be happy. Given that they only consider the middle of May, and did not consider April yet all. I think March. But I will be very happy for all of us, if it is January:jest:

Ни головы ни ножек

27 June 2017               i-129f sent from Moscow
14 July 2017                Texas Service Center

14 September 2017    California Service Center
21 September 2017    NOA1 Received Date
25 September 2017    NOA1 email/text confirmation

01 October 2017          NOA1 hardcopy

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ёжик said:

My fiance is not verbose, he wrote in two lines. The fact that we are in a relationship, which we met in Moscow, flew to rest in Thailand. Attached 10 photos of different period of time, tickets, and all correspondence for the year.

I understand that this is not enough, maybe. But here you will not guess, there is little evidence - it's bad, a lot of evidence is bad. Just hope for a good mood USCIS employees.

And yet, I think we'll get confirmation in March. If earlier, I will be happy. Given that they only consider the middle of May, and did not consider April yet all. I think March. But I will be very happy for all of us, if it is January:jest:

USCIS is worst than a moody fiancé

1 hour ago, Naes said:

USCIS is worst than a moody fiancé

moody is not even a word anymore!

at this stage, we all get the right to invent a new word for this mix of learningpatience-frustration-mad-sad-hating-exploding-notunderstandingthatnonsensewait !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

I want to be a bear. A lot to eat and fall asleep for the whole winter:lol:

Edited by Ёжик

Ни головы ни ножек

27 June 2017               i-129f sent from Moscow
14 July 2017                Texas Service Center

14 September 2017    California Service Center
21 September 2017    NOA1 Received Date
25 September 2017    NOA1 email/text confirmation

01 October 2017          NOA1 hardcopy

10 minutes ago, Ёжик said:

that will work! :D I'd join that party also!

wake me up end of jan though, I want to see my boss' face when my last day is coming at work lol

counting down!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ёжик said:

Haha, I'm in the bear team too! I was just thinking that some kind of harmless coma for a few months would be nice :D 

K-1 journey (Sept 2017 - July 2018)

Spoiler

08/31/2017 - petition mailed                                             03/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"           

09/05/2017 - case received                                               05/07/2018 - medical - passed 

09/07/2017 - NOA1                                                             05/10/2018 - interview - approved

03/07/2018 - NOA2 (case status updated 03/08)         05/14/2018 - VOH

03/22/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned          06/18/2018 - POE Seattle

03/26/2018 - NVC left                                                        07/07/2018 - wedding

AOS journey (Sept 2018 - Jan 2019)

Spoiler

09/05/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/07/2018 - cases received 

09/13/2018 - NOA1s

10/05/2018 - biometrics appointment

12/07/2018 - interview scheduled

01/15/2019 - interview - approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card received

01/22/2019 - Green Card received

ROC journey (Oct 2020 - Jun 2021)

Spoiler

10/16/2020 - 01/14/2021 - window for applying

10/26/2020 - petition mailed

10/29/2020 - case received

11/25/2020 - check cashed

11/23/2020 - NOA1

12/16/2020 - biometrics appointment/waived

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview 

06/03/2022 - ROC petition approved

06/07/2022 - green card received

Naturalization journey (Jan 2022 - )

01/31/2022 - N-400 form filed online

01/31/2022 - biometrics reuse notice

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview

xx/xx/xxxx - oath ceremony

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Ёжик said:

My fiancé said let's hibernate... now I'm getting to that point :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

if someone got approved in this quick time, i am 99.230924% sure it's an expedite. 

there is no way that 1 out of 3000 files gets touched by accident if there are thooousands of cases that are pending with their current timeline approval.

sorry my negativity - after seeing today's numbers, checking my timeline here, i got pushed back again (i know it's not accurate but still frustrating).

when i signed up about 50 days ago i was an early january estimate, and now feb 22! just saying....

BTW - after seeing @Naes numbers and count the files - can u imagine hoooow much money they make if we all pay $ 535 per file and they still don't hire more people although we are talking millions?

The fee was increased in December 2016 in order “to hire more staff” and yet they’re even more back logged than they were at this time last year.. it’s crazy!! 

Hoping for January! Fingers crossed :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.