AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

hey guys! just wishing everybody a happy weekend and lots of patience again :)

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 10/18/2017 at 2:05 PM, Damaris Martis said:

I heard that people who apply thru a lawyer their process goes faster and I am wondering if that is true or not?

Nope, they just make the paperwork easier  for you (for a fee).  If your situation is fairly straightforward, you should be fine without.  

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

September 6th here! 

My timeline says it may be approved “February 10th-14th” 

Looooong wait!

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

On 10/18/2017 at 5:05 PM, Damaris Martis said:

I heard that people who apply thru a lawyer their process goes faster and I am wondering if that is true or not?

I have swamp land I would like to sell you. :jest: A lawyer can speed things up..... :rofl: you're killing me with your humor. That is not true, in fact we have seen where lawyers screw enough of these applications up that ppl are getting delayed. :secret:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 10/18/2017 at 4:46 PM, Damaris Martis said:

I just check people who got noa1 in middle of May they already started to receive noa2...I guess they had to wait 5 months 

You are all in the same boat from May filers to September. It's running 5-6 months and may not catch up for a long time.  Best suggestion I can make is get the phone app that looks up your case daily. If there is some movement it will send you a text message. It's been reliable for me. It's free and you can find the links below in my signature. Continuing what you are doing is FUTILE.

Checking every hour and coming here to is not very production nor does it move the "ball".  Relax, get a hobby and STOP looking for something to change on your case. Get the APP and let it do it for you.

download.jpg

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

19 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

hey guys! just wishing everybody a happy weekend and lots of patience again :)

Dito. I see it as time to prepare. I figured out the vaccinations I need to have, I renewed my passport that was about to expire in about a year, just to be safe; I made a few medical appointments to sort some things out that I've been procrastinating due to being busy at work. I'm getting an Amex card as apparently American Express credit history is transferrable between countries and I'd like to get a head start once there. And I'm getting hold of several records I'll need for either this process or AoS. It takes time, and I'm quite happy I don't have to do this in a hurry.

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 10/21/2017 at 4:03 AM, LizM said:

Dito. I see it as time to prepare. I figured out the vaccinations I need to have, I renewed my passport that was about to expire in about a year, just to be safe; I made a few medical appointments to sort some things out that I've been procrastinating due to being busy at work. I'm getting an Amex card as apparently American Express credit history is transferrable between countries and I'd like to get a head start once there. And I'm getting hold of several records I'll need for either this process or AoS. It takes time, and I'm quite happy I don't have to do this in a hurry.

Yup! I’m the USC so I don’t have to do AS much at this time but I’m trying to simplify the apartment, declutter, and keep an eye on flight prices. My aunt says never to rush time so I’m being patient, but here in the US, time seems to fly from November through January. The holiday hustle! So I say it’ll be January before we know it, then time for the NOA2s to roll in February. 🙏🏾😊

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

45 minutes ago, AbenaKofi said:

Yup! I’m the USC so I don’t have to do AS much at this time but I’m trying to simplify the apartment, declutter, and keep an eye on flight prices. My aunt says never to rush time so I’m being patient, but here in the US, time seems to fly from November through January. The holiday hustle! So I say it’ll be January before we know it, then time for the NOA2s to roll in February. 🙏🏾😊

oh no! i have just booked my flight to see my fiance in the US for Xmas! and I actually paid 400 less for the very first time in 1.5 years!!! 

my tip:

check for flights tuesday - thursday mornings,

compare on skyscanner, kayak and cheapfights as the same flights with same stops were sometimes 100 - 150 cheaper on a diff website

good luck to you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

John did a great job putting everything together , so I decided to post his post from June group like that the September people know too about the new updates. 

Screenshot_20171024-103036.png

37 minutes ago, Damaris Martis said:

John did a great job putting everything together , so I decided to post his post from June group like that the September people know too about the new updates. 

Screenshot_20171024-103036.png

actually Naes did the calculation as she is our superstar of scanning files :D

i read that April has a different number, the correction will be provided tomorrow morning.

so actually the 1931 are more likely about 900 at this stage. let's hope :)

so i also suggest you guys always check may and june forum :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hellooo fellow September sufferers...

I remember back in august telling my fiancé to not to file till September cause our wedding day is July 28 and I didn't want noa2 to come too early.... yeah sounds about right.

I'll be posting here the same updates (new version tonight) as there is more to it than just how many cases. 

I have the the full list and I provided the links in may filers post page 405.

Which I'll publish here too, but the typhoon in Japan ruined my internet during the weekend so I'll do it tonight when I'm home! 

And I'll be scanning when the time comes for us (insert villain laughter here- I don't know why but just villlain laughter)

Edited by Naes

1 hour ago, Naes said:

Hellooo fellow September sufferers...

I remember back in august telling my fiancé to not to file till September cause our wedding day is July 28 and I didn't want noa2 to come too early.... yeah sounds about right.

I'll be posting here the same updates (new version tonight) as there is more to it than just how many cases. 

I have the the full list and I provided the links in may filers post page 405.

Which I'll publish here too, but the typhoon in Japan ruined my internet during the weekend so I'll do it tonight when I'm home! 

And I'll be scanning when the time comes for us (insert villain laughter here- I don't know why but just villlain laughter)

i smell some sarcasm lol

but man, this is really getting a bit ridiculous :( 

i mean it's just a damn approval, sometimes (like this morning ughhhh) i'm like can it really be that we pay so much money that the pile of papers will just sit in a filing room for 6 months? untouched? really????? :( i need motivation badly!!! the approvals for may from yesterday certainly don't help

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

i smell some sarcasm lol

but man, this is really getting a bit ridiculous :( 

i mean it's just a damn approval, sometimes (like this morning ughhhh) i'm like can it really be that we pay so much money that the pile of papers will just sit in a filing room for 6 months? untouched? really????? :( i need motivation badly!!! the approvals for may from yesterday certainly don't help

As a Turkish person I believe sarcasm and humor is the only way to get through these things as healthy as possible! We had a movement last year where government was throwing gas bombs and twitter was cracking us up, otherwise life is unbearable.

So yeah lots of laughter! That's your motivation. It will end and we'll be happy. 

Even though I'm a pessimist, I think that things happen at a certain time and a certain way for a reason. When I look back and put my life in the way I would liked it to be, if I won the scholarship in japan 2 years earlier, if I didn't end up in this company which was my third choice which sent me to Germany, I wouldn't even be here right now 😋

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.