AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

You guys, after waiting for 30 days, like good puppies, we contacted USCIS. Because we never received NOA1 via text, email or post. 

The officer told my fiancée they received it on the 5th of September and did send out NOA1, but apparently the post office messed up. We got our receipt number and I checked the status online, it says that the post sent it back to USCIS and that they are holding it for 180 days if we do not request to get it back. 

However our adress was correct and the officer on the phone said he was going to try to resend it. Now my fiancée is going to the post office to try to figure out what went wrong, so it doesn't happen again with NOA2.

Also he said that they are behind and they're still working on March! So we're looking at a 7 month wait for now.

As for my case:

Date sent: 08/30

Date received: 09/05

Date NOA1 sent: 09/07

Date NOA1 received: to be continued

I hope everyone has a good day and I hope you found this somewhat helpful/interesting

I'll keep you posted

Happy waiting everyone :)

Edited by Cat&Charlie

I-129F sent: 08/30/2017

NOA1 received date: 09/05/2017 (6 days)

NOA2 notice date: 03/24/2018 (200 days)

NVC received: 04/19/2018 (26 days)

NVC case number: 04/26/2018 (7 days)

I-129F left NVC: 04/27/2018 (1 day)

Embassy received: 05/02/2018 (5 days)

Packet 3 received: 05/09/2018 (7 days)

Medical 1&2: 05/17/2018 (8 days) & 05/19/2018 (2 days)

Interview: 05/24/2018 (5 days) 

VOH: 05/30/2018 (6 days)

POE: 06/07/2018 (8 days) ( 281 days from I-129F sent) (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
11 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

Thank you @ LizM <3 that was so sweet to say!

I think we are all very strong to keep up with this journey and go through it. It is everything else but easy. Thankfully we have a good group of people here that is also a big support! :)

This transferwise I have to check out myself. I wasn't so sure yet how to do it yet.

But it makes sense for sure, as I believe we are also not allowed to keep an account here in Switzerland.

It's the little things like this, that I try to handle now while waiting - to not go completely crazy haha

I also have a lot of things I will sell and give away, but of course I still have a bunch of personal belongings and clothes and shoes that I don't want to just give away and invest a lot of money once we get married. There are a bunch of other expenses coming our way then. But I just found out how I can ship a 31.5 kg box for less than a suitcase (23kg) and it should take 1-2 weeks max! So I will start packing things up and start shipping out things next month or so.... It's a service from DHL by the way, if anyone wants to check out in their country. Luckily I live close to the german boarder, so I can ship from there and save about half of the price per box!).

Do you guys start dreaming about this paperwork and NOA2 yet? haha Please tell me you do (so I don't feel all alone haha) :jest:

Could you tell me the name of the DHL service for shipping boxes? Maybe I couldn't find it on my local DHL site, guess it's not available? Or I just overlooked it. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Cat&Charlie said:

You guys, after waiting for 30 days, like good puppies, we contacted USCIS. Because we never received NOA1 via text, email or post. 

The officer told my fiancée they received it on the 5th of September and did send out NOA1, but apparently the post office messed up. We got our receipt number and I checked the status online, it says that the post sent it back to USCIS and that they are holding it for 180 days if we do not request to get it back. 

However our adress was correct and the officer on the phone said he was going to try to resend it. Now my fiancée is going to the post office to try to figure out what went wrong, so it doesn't happen again with NOA2.

Also he said that they are behind and they're still working on March! So we're looking at a 7 month wait for now.

As for my case:

I hope everyone has a good day and I hope you found this somewhat helpful/interesting

I'll keep you posted

:cry::crying:

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Update: the post office can't help us cause we don't have a tracking number

And my fiancée called USCIS again, put in the referral number I found online and now apparently, the document that was sent back from the post office to USCIS was our package. So somehow California received our package and then it was sent back to the post office and then the post office sent it back to California.

No USCIS officer was available to explain exactly what was going on so we have to wait and call back later. I'm slightly starting to lose my mind here 😩

I-129F sent: 08/30/2017

NOA1 received date: 09/05/2017 (6 days)

NOA2 notice date: 03/24/2018 (200 days)

NVC received: 04/19/2018 (26 days)

NVC case number: 04/26/2018 (7 days)

I-129F left NVC: 04/27/2018 (1 day)

Embassy received: 05/02/2018 (5 days)

Packet 3 received: 05/09/2018 (7 days)

Medical 1&2: 05/17/2018 (8 days) & 05/19/2018 (2 days)

Interview: 05/24/2018 (5 days) 

VOH: 05/30/2018 (6 days)

POE: 06/07/2018 (8 days) ( 281 days from I-129F sent) (L)

Hi everyone! I'm so nervous and desperate with all this process! I sent my form on Aug 30 and i received a text message and email on Sept 5, and I then I get my NOA1 on Sept 14, when I'm supposed to get my NOA2? 😭😭

Timeline
1 minute ago, R&M2017 said:

Hi everyone! I'm so nervous and desperate with all this process! I sent my form on Aug 30 and i received a text message and email on Sept 5, and I then I get my NOA1 on Sept 14, when I'm supposed to get my NOA2? 😭😭

Its about a 5 month wait for NOA2 so sit back and enjoy the ride full of stress 😂😂😂 welcome

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 hours ago, Cat&Charlie said:

Oof! 🤦🏾‍♀️ Well, knowing is half the battle. I was just fantasizing the other day about NOA2 for Christmas but that seems to be a dangerous pastime now! 

Well, I guess the silver lining is more time to get things ready for one another.  My aunt says “never rush time,” so I’m trying to heed those words and enjoy the sweetness of the Long distance relationship for now.  Does anyone else struggle with bad network for whatsapp/FaceTime? ❤️  

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

Timeline
1 minute ago, AbenaKofi said:

Oof! 🤦🏾‍♀️ Well, knowing is half the battle. I was just fantasizing the other day about NOA2 for Christmas but that seems to be a dangerous pastime now! 

Well, I guess the silver lining is more time to get things ready for one another.  My aunt says “never rush time,” so I’m trying to heed those words and enjoy the sweetness of the Long distance relationship for now.  Does anyone else struggle with bad network for whatsapp/FaceTime? ❤️  

I definitely struggle with connection issues with whatsapp actually it happened tonight with me and my fiance cut our conversation short 😭😭😭😣😣 hes always telling me to remain patient and positive but that's hard 😢😢🙁😒

12 hours ago, Cat&Charlie said:

As for my case:

I'll keep you posted

well I don't want to sound like a crazy stalker - but with the USCIS app on iphone you can track radom cases and see where they are working on it right now. and also in other topics here you can see that they are currently confirming a bunch of people from May!

If you browse around (to motivate your hope), you find several single cases approved from june or even july! not many, but some!

Regarding the DHL package, I found it on the german post website, that is redirecting packages to the DHL:

https://www.portokalkulator.de/portokalkulator/std (sorry it's german) and the pic with pricing for 31.5 kg in EUR:

DHL.JPG

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Timeline
7 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

well I don't want to sound like a crazy stalker - but with the USCIS app on iphone you can track radom cases and see where they are working on it right now. and also in other topics here you can see that they are currently confirming a bunch of people from May!

If you browse around (to motivate your hope), you find several single cases approved from june or even july! not many, but some!

Regarding the DHL package, I found it on the german post website, that is redirecting packages to the DHL:

https://www.portokalkulator.de/portokalkulator/std (sorry it's german) and the pic with pricing for 31.5 kg in EUR:

DHL.JPG

If you sound crazy than i am too because ive been doing the same thing and you are right there are alot of may filers who are getting approved positivity is key i refuse to believe they are that far behind when may and june are seeing the finish line 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 hours ago, AntoinetteB said:

I definitely struggle with connection issues with whatsapp actually it happened tonight with me and my fiance cut our conversation short 😭😭😭😣😣 hes always telling me to remain patient and positive but that's hard 😢😢🙁😒

Hahaha same here! I guess that’s how it is when you’re used to spotty network. I get so frustrated and he tries to calm me down.  After so many dropped calls I’d rather move to text so my head doesn’t explode lol.   I try to think of it as just say a few more months and this won’t be an issue.  

7 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

Oh good! Hahaha tracking random cases - you’re good! I’ll keep hope alive then 😊😊😊

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

yes everybody stay strong and keep calm! this is just another test for our relationships, and we will get through this!

tip 1: keep yourself busy with projects (start making good bye gifts for family and friends)

tip 2: plan another trip with your fiance while waiting to keep your mind off the waiting time (...if financially possible)

tip 3: start preparing for the next step, prepare the paperwork and research what else you will need in the meantime

tip 4: get your birth certificates and educational background translated and certified (you will be thankful to have all copies with you once you move and start looking for a job)

and last but not least: continue planning your dream wedding :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 10/8/2017 at 9:50 AM, Swissmiss82 said:

yeah we will also have a small wedding for just the two of us, after the POE.. and we plan on the big wedding - well not huge, but about 50 guests - for oct/nov 2018. we already found an awesome venue, but we won't book until noa2. for some reason i don't trust this time process just yet lol but the planning and researching is fun, and keeps me busy to not go crazy with this wait..

but i already got the dress for the big wedding :D so exciting! i look at it every day and motivate myself to stay strong and the wait will be worth it....

another question - did anyone research yet on how to transfer money or how to do that? keep an account in your home country?

and what about all your personal belongings, will you ship things or what are the plans?

I thought I was the only one! I am paying off on my dress too, but already found the one I wanted to wear :) I also have found the venue and have our colors, decorations (may need to work on them through the waiting game)! So Exciting!!!! 

:wub:

Petition Mailed – 09/01/2017

USCIS Received – 09/05/2017

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

USCIS Approved – 03/02/2018

Received NOA2 – 03/07/2018

NVC Received – 03/20/2018

Case # Assigned – 04/02/2018

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Embassy Received (Showing "Ready") – 04/05/2018

Interview – July 12, 2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

3 minutes ago, Lovelise26 said:

I thought I was the only one! I am paying off on my dress too, but already found the one I wanted to wear :) I also have found the venue and have our colors, decorations (may need to work on them through the waiting game)! So Exciting!!!! 

i think you should share some ideas so you can continue to dream a bit more about your special day and we can all dream with you :D

what kind of venue? how many guests? what kind of dress do you have on your mind? did you try it on yet or just saw in pix?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

i think you should share some ideas so you can continue to dream a bit more about your special day and we can all dream with you :D

what kind of venue? how many guests? what kind of dress do you have on your mind? did you try it on yet or just saw in pix?

Haha True! Well I found my dress while on a trip to Mexico. It was the fourth dress I had tried on ( I tried 3 at David's Bridal in Texas) and I just knew it when I saw it on the hanger that it was the one I would love. It has just a little bit of everything that I wanted. Sparkle, detail and not big. It also comes with a detachable jacket and train. 

The venue that I'm looking at is for about 120 guests and this includes the kids of family members and friends. The venue is nothing fancy, but it is something inexpensive and has everything that I would want without having to pay so much. They are including the table linens and my decorations will be simple. Can't go wrong with Mason Jars. I'm getting a coworker to help me spray paint them in the colors of our wedding ( I chose one of his favorite colors and one of mine). My Fiance and I have discussed our first dance song and also the kind of music we should ask the dj to play. For me, it is important for my family and friends to know that I am embracing a new culture with so much love and want some of his Persian culture at our wedding :wub: .

:wub:

Petition Mailed – 09/01/2017

USCIS Received – 09/05/2017

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

USCIS Approved – 03/02/2018

Received NOA2 – 03/07/2018

NVC Received – 03/20/2018

Case # Assigned – 04/02/2018

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Embassy Received (Showing "Ready") – 04/05/2018

Interview – July 12, 2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.